Kings and Pacers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Kings and Pacers 

Post#1 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:32 pm

Kings deal: Kosta Koufos and Ben McLemore
Pacers deal: Monta Ellis and a future 2nd rounder

Kings add a scoring guard to their roster and gain a small future asset.
Pacers get a better fit at SG while unloading Ellis' deal and a third big with size to go with Turner and Young who can help their win now model

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Re: Kings and Pacers 

Post#2 » by winter_mute_13 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:34 pm

I think Koufus fills a need and don't mind taking a flyer on McLemore. Ok by me.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Pacers fans seem pretty down on the Teague/Ellis combination, so if Bird feels the same way this could work.
asitter
Junior
And1: 56

Post#4 » by asitter » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:24 pm

Ehh... I'm not too excited about this trade. We're actually bringing in more than we're sending out in salary, and not getting a starting caliber SG in return, leaving a pretty decent hole. We really don't need McLemore as long as we have one of Ellis or Stuckey.

With that being said, I'd be more interested in swapping out McLemore with a backup PG.. so Collison? I'm not sure if the value is there though.

Ellis, Allen, 2nd
for
Koufos, Collison

The should leave IND with ~$19-20M to sign a starting 2, and probably another backup big unless they love Whittington.

Teague/Collison/Young
Beal(?)/Stuckey
George/Miles/Robinson
Young/Whittington
Turner/Koufos/Christmas

Unless someone else in the East makes some serious moves, that could very well be the 2 seed in the East.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:40 pm

I know many Kings fans are on board with bringing in Ellis but I for 1 am not. IMO we don't need a high usage 2G especially if Gay is staying on the Roster. We need to target a point guard, most are hoping for Conley but I could see Rondo coming back if we whiff on Conley. Having Rondo/Ellis/Gay/Cousins in the starting lineup would be an absolute disaster, for that reason I wouldn't even take Ellis for free.

Im on board with a Koufos for future Pacers 2nd, I actually think that it makes sense for both teams. Pacers could use some size up front in case they want to play big with Turner at 4 and a primary backup when Turner sits, Koufos fills that role for cheap.

For Sacramento we need to clear the log jam now that we have drafted Papagiannis. Koufos is a damn good backup big for a decent contract but doesn't serve a purpose here. It frees up more money for the team along with the Belinelli trade which gives us some serious flexibility.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed the Kings can sign Lee.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
asitter
Junior

Post#7 » by asitter » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:48 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I know many Kings fans are on board with bringing in Ellis but I for 1 am not. IMO we don't need a high usage 2G especially if Gay is staying on the Roster. We need to target a point guard, most are hoping for Conley but I could see Rondo coming back if we whiff on Conley. Having Rondo/Ellis/Gay/Cousins in the starting lineup would be an absolute disaster, for that reason I wouldn't even take Ellis for free.

Im on board with a Koufos for future Pacers 2nd, I actually think that it makes sense for both teams. Pacers could use some size up front in case they want to play big with Turner at 4 and a primary backup when Turner sits, Koufos fills that role for cheap.

For Sacramento we need to clear the log jam now that we have drafted Papagiannis. Koufos is a damn good backup big for a decent contract but doesn't serve a purpose here. It frees up more money for the team along with the Belinelli trade which gives us some serious flexibility.

I'm fine with a Koufos for a 2nd type of trade, assuming we have all but exhausted the possibility of trading Ellis. We don'y have the money to sign a good backup big and a starting 2, so this would be an end of the offseason type of deal for me.
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#8 » by OhioKingsFan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:53 pm

I'd only want Ellis as the 6th man for the Kings. I'd be willing to give up Kosta Koufos alone, but I would not include Ben McLemore. If that value isn't enough for the Pacers, I'd add that the fit is really not great here. Even if it were JUST Kosta leaving Sacramento, I'd be looking for other deals with Kosta before I'd do this.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:41 pm

asitter wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I know many Kings fans are on board with bringing in Ellis but I for 1 am not. IMO we don't need a high usage 2G especially if Gay is staying on the Roster. We need to target a point guard, most are hoping for Conley but I could see Rondo coming back if we whiff on Conley. Having Rondo/Ellis/Gay/Cousins in the starting lineup would be an absolute disaster, for that reason I wouldn't even take Ellis for free.

I'm fine with a Koufos for a 2nd type of trade, assuming we have all but exhausted the possibility of trading Ellis. We don'y have the money to sign a good backup big and a starting 2, so this would be an end of the offseason type of deal for me.

Thats fair. I think we will explore other teams that are looking for a center and can offer a future 1st or early 2nd to open up cap space for the now. If that doesn't end up working out I think we can revisit this at the end of the offseason for sure.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#10 » by Golabki » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:58 pm

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:Kings deal: Kosta Koufos and Ben McLemore

Pacers get a better fit at SG while unloading Ellis' deal and a third big with size to go with Turner and Young who can help their win now model

I like it a fair amount for Indy if they are strongly favoring letting Mahimni walk. Kofous isn't as good, but he plugs the hole without blocking Turner. Also, Indy is really needs a catch and shoot guy and McLemore might be solid in that role on a better team.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#11 » by Wizop » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:13 pm

loserX wrote:Pacers fans seem pretty down on the Teague/Ellis combination, so if Bird feels the same way this could work.

I doubt he does. we do need a 3 and D SG though. any interest in CJ Miles?
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
asitter
Junior

Post#12 » by asitter » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Golabki wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:Kings deal: Kosta Koufos and Ben McLemore

I like it a fair amount for Indy if they are strongly favoring letting Mahimni walk. Kofous isn't as good, but he plugs the hole without blocking Turner. Also, Indy is really needs a catch and shoot guy and McLemore might be solid in that role on a better team.

Who's the starting SG though?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#13 » by Wizop » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:28 pm

asitter wrote:Who's the starting SG though?

Ellis on Kings. McLemore and Stuckey fight it out on Pacers.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
asitter
Junior

Post#14 » by asitter » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Wizop wrote:

I'll be honest and admit to not knowing much about McLemore, but if he has to fight it out with Stuckey to start, then I'm not a huge fan. I'd rather keep Ellis to be honest.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#15 » by becorz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:37 pm

asitter wrote:
Wizop wrote:

I'll be honest and admit to not knowing much about McLemore, but if he has to fight it out with Stuckey to start, then I'm not a huge fan. I'd rather keep Ellis to be honest.

As a Kings fan who doesn't watch many Pacers games...if Stuckey has to fight McLemore for the starting job, then Stuckey's game has gone WAY downhill...
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by winter_mute_13 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Hopefully we can get someone in FA. If we acquire Koufus, that fills one of our major holes, and hopefully we can devote our remaining cap space on the second major hole (the starting 2).
LikeOkafor
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#17 » by LikeOkafor » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:25 pm

I like Koufos for Ellis for both teams, but adding the Ben Mclemore for a 2nd round pick part doesn't make much sense for the Kings.
Gilles
Rookie
And1: 70

Post#18 » by Gilles » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:52 pm

Ellis is coming off of 15 points per 36 minutes at .504TS%, and his best shooting season in the last 4 years is .330 on just 2.5 attempts per 36 3 years ago. Kings are not touching such a guy with 11 seasons behind him already, tied for 3 years at $11m per.
If there's a way to bring Lance to Sacramento, Kings would much rather do that as at least there's some good defense on top of inefficient playmaking. Plus some Joerger rapport, plus younger body.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by winter_mute_13 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Koufos for Ellis straight up works for me. Not too impressed with McLemore TBH.

Gilles wrote:Ellis is coming off of 15 points per 36 minutes at .504TS%, and his best shooting season in the last 4 years is .330 on just 2.5 attempts per 36 3 years ago. Kings are not touching such a guy with 11 seasons behind him already, tied for 3 years at $11m per.

Dunno if you're aware, but Kings offered him even more money last year.
Gilles
Rookie
And1: 70

Post#20 » by Gilles » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Kings confirmed, that they were offering to Matthews, and he actually got a bit more from Mavs in the end, but they denied trying to sign Ellis.

Return to Trades and Transactions