Celtics/Kings/Sixers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Re: Celtics/Kings/Sixers 

Post#41 » by Aussiepiston1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:12 am

The only reason Okafor is "possibly" being shopped is because Embiid (C) or Simmons (PF) are both better players but He is still so young and was the only player who could put the ball through the hoop for us last year.
Was he bad on defense? Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!! but he was a rookie and it was a tanking season for us.
He has won a championship on EVERY level and is a proven winner who will figure it all out eventually.
We are not trading him for freaking rudy gay and koufos buddy WTF
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#42 » by Higgs Boston » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:45 am

Cut kings. Boston don't want rudy gay (more precise, no one wants gay if the team want to compete), and much less give bradley for this guy.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#43 » by patman52 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:00 pm

What may work

Kings out Cousins + Mclemore +Gay + KK in Okafor, Bkn 18, Cs18, Mem #1 + three 2nd rd picks + Smart or Rozier, Ross and Young
Celtics in Cousins, Mclemore out bkn 18, celitcs 18, memphis pick, Smart or Rozier/ Bradley/ Young + 3 - 2nd rd picks.
Philly out - Okafor in Bradley/Gay/ Dorell Wright
Toronto In KK out Ross and Wright Edited to include KK

I approached this with Sacremento putting a premium on players under control as they like the celts are not a hot bed for FA. If they go with Rozier they have him, Ross and Okafor for three years. To add to what the kings have now. while giving up two expirings
Kings get a starting center to replace Cousins, and their choice of Smart or Rozier and Ross who can replace some of Gay's Production
They also get a lottery pick in 18, and two more #1s to help replace the cupboard that bad trades depleted. Young is just a cheap throw in that may benefit from a change of scenery.

I approached Philly as wanting to dump a center and needing back court help and outside shooting. Bradley is a "+" starter, Gay I think would fit a need opposite Simmons and Saric and compliment Covington.

Toronto gets KK who fits their need for a def presence to help replace Bismark. They want to Dump Ross and his 10 mill salary as a reserve, they give up a promising PG who is buried on the depth chart.

Celtics, bring in Cousins but create a hole/chasm in the backcourt McLemore is just a stopgap, but they get to keep Next years lottery pick, but now wishes they did not stash the 16 and 23 picks.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#44 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:03 pm

I took the liberty of diving into a few advanced stats as I was trying to see why people think Bradley has that much more value than Gay. You be the judge:

Bradley

2015-16 PER: 13.2
Career PER: 11.6
2015-16 TS%: .538
Career TS%: .513
2015-16 WS: 4.8
Career WS/48: .056

Gay

2015-16 PER: 15.5
Career PER: 16.6
Career TS%: .526
2015-16 WS: 3.8
Career WS/48: .085
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,551

Post#45 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:08 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:I took the liberty of diving into a few advanced stats as I was trying to see why people think Bradley has that much more value than Gay. You be the judge:

Bradley

2015-16 PER: 13.2
Career PER: 11.6
Career TS%: .513
2015-16 WS: 4.8
Career WS/48: .056

Gay

2015-16 PER: 15.5
Career PER: 16.6
Career TS%: .526
2015-16 WS: 3.8
Career WS/48: .085

So, you have similar offensive production, and one is a 25 (26 soon) year old defensive stud signed cheap for this year and the next. The other is 30 year old expiring contract that is definitely less good at defense.

I feel like that makes the case nicely.
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by patman52 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:24 pm

And what value do stats matter in a trade of players at two different positions? surrounded by tw
w different teams and systems. If you got a lesser player backing up Bradley that would result in less effective min than the difference between Gay and jerebko backing up crowder why would you consider the trade.

I do and did a lot of engineering in my 30 years of work. Comparing stats like this with such different parameters does not seem to be very useful in comparing players comparative effectiveness. I would find it very usefull if one guy played 1/2 the year and the other guy played the other 1/2 for the same team and played the same position, you could draw a strong inference from that. .
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by patman52 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:33 pm

And what value do stats matter in a trade of players at two different positions? surrounded by tw
w different teams and systems. If you got a lesser player backing up Bradley that would result in less effective min than the difference between Gay and jerebko backing up crowder why would you consider the trade.

I do and did a lot of engineering in my 30 years of work. Comparing stats like this with such different parameters does not seem to be very useful in comparing players comparative effectiveness. I would find it very usefull if one guy played 1/2 the year and the other guy played the other 1/2 for the same team and played the same position, you could draw a strong inference from that. .
Lovetron Joe
Rookie
And1: 482

Post#48 » by Lovetron Joe » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:51 pm

damecurry wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Rudy Gay plus Kosta Koufos isn't fair value for Okafor? Really? Colangelo would think he had died and gone to heaven if he could get that. With all due respect, you are the one with the distorted value system.

Troll or fool?

I am going with both.
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Post#49 » by username_taken » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:54 pm

Strong pass. Wouldn't mind Gay on the Celtics but I'd rather develop Brown with minutes and not at the price of Bradley. The value isn't bad to get Okafor, but I would rather take my shot with the 2018 BKN pick.
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by patman52 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Rudy Gay plus Kosta Koufos isn't fair value for Okafor? Really? Colangelo would think he had died and gone to heaven if he could get that. With all due respect, you are the one with the distorted value system.

Now that is over the top, and in no way can you justify making that trade over keeping okafor.

The 6ers take on 17 mill in salary and still have a log jam at center, and in 2 years have converted The #3 pick in the draft for a 3rd string backup center making 8 mill a year.
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by patman52 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:18 pm

I am surprised that I have not gotten any feedback on my alteration to the OPs post by including Toronto in post #43.
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#52 » by cammac » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:26 pm

patman52 wrote:What may work

Kings out Cousins + Mclemore +Gay + KK in Okafor, Bkn 18, Cs18, Mem #1 + three 2nd rd picks + Smart or Rozier, Ross and Young
Celtics in Cousins, Mclemore out bkn 18, celitcs 18, memphis pick, Smart or Rozier/ Bradley/ Young + 3 - 2nd rd picks.
Toronto out Ross and Wright

I approached this with Sacremento putting a premium on players under control as they like the celts are not a hot bed for FA. If they go with Rozier they have him, Ross and Okafor for three years. To add to what the kings have now. while giving up two expirings
Kings get a starting center to replace Cousins, and their choice of Smart or Rozier and Ross who can replace some of Gay's Production
They also get a lottery pick in 18, and two more #1s to help replace the cupboard that bad trades depleted. Young is just a cheap throw in that may benefit from a change of scenery.

I approached Philly as wanting to dump a center and needing back court help and outside shooting. Bradley is a "+" starter, Gay I think would fit a need opposite Simmons and Saric and compliment Covington.

Toronto needs a def presence to help replace Bismark. They want to Dump Ross and his 10 mill salary as a reserve, they give up a promising PG who is buried on the depth chart.

Celtics, bring in Cousins but create a hole/chasm in the backcourt McLemore is just a stopgap, but they get to keep Next years lottery pick, but now wishes they did not stash the 16 and 23 picks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes Masai gives up Ross & Wright for nothing god talk about Raptor Fans but Celtics are the worst :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Re: Celtics/Kings/Sixers 

Post#53 » by City of Trees » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:42 pm

cammac wrote:

Toronto needs a def presence to help replace Bismark. They want to Dump Ross and his 10 mill salary as a reserve, they give up a promising PG who is buried on the depth chart.

Yes Masai gives up Ross & Wright for nothing god talk about Raptor Fans but Celtics are the worst :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kings trade Cousins to BOS starts with both Brooklyn picks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
HartfordWhalers

Post#54 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:48 pm

cammac wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes Masai gives up Ross & Wright for nothing god talk about Raptor Fans but Celtics are the worst :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You know better than this. You keep getting told to be better than this. Generalizing and attacking fan bases is not an acceptable response to a trade you don't like. Take a break.
HartfordWhalers

Post#55 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Also, I have Ross roughly neutral and Wright positive value, so put me down as not in favor of that above deal for them.

Dumping Ross straight up might be fairer, but even that doesn't make sense anymore as there isn't a place to spend the money saved.
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by patman52 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:54 pm

cammac wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes Masai gives up Ross & Wright for nothing god talk about Raptor Fans but Celtics are the worst :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My bad toronto gets KK, I edited the post to correct that error, I noted they needed the def presense but did not write his name.
They were so many parts I just forgot to include him ging to toronto. I did have the Kings already giving him up.
patman52
Lead Assistant

Re: Re: Celtics/Kings/Sixers 

Post#57 » by patman52 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:22 pm

City of Trees wrote:
cammac wrote:

Yes Masai gives up Ross & Wright for nothing god talk about Raptor Fans but Celtics are the worst :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kings trade Cousins to BOS starts with both Brooklyn picks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I understand what the kings want but this was an attempt to make a trade that included Okafor that was acceptable to all the teams.
With all teams walking away with value.

Okafor, Ross, Rozier are locked up for three years for less money than Cousins makes. The Kings save 22 mill in space gettig Gay, KK + Mclemore off the rolls. They then get a lottery pick that is most likely going to be top 7. You then get two more 1st rd picks, 3- 2nd rd picks and Young

Return to Trades and Transactions