New Orleans early offseason in review (HW/bondom34/dbrandon)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Grade the New Orleans offseason

A
No votes
A-
6%
B+
3%
B
9%
B-
24%
C+
12%
C
6%
C-
12%
D
12%
F
15%

Total votes: 33

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,555

Re: New Orleans early offseason in review (HW/bondom34/dbrandon) 

Post#21 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:13 pm

This voting pattern is impressive.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,555

Post#22 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:16 pm

pelifan wrote:I still think Demps struggles to comprehend value. He's gone after the right players this offseason but paid them the wrong prices. I highly doubt he had anybody bidding over 10 million for Hill's services.

The draft class was largely terrible and I'd rather have drafted Dunn but give me Hield over Murray no question. I feel he actually made the right pick for once. I put very little stock into the preseason as Hield's preseason numbers are almost the exact same as Steph Curry's and much lower than Jodie Meeks (Hields doubters comparison) who was in the same preseason as Curry and totally tore it up. Only thing I think it shows is that he won't be an allstar right away, but that's a given for 99% of rookies anyway.

Care to give me an expected win number prediction for the season?
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#23 » by Jon1798 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:12 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
pelifan wrote:I still think Demps struggles to comprehend value. He's gone after the right players this offseason but paid them the wrong prices. I highly doubt he had anybody bidding over 10 million for Hill's services.

The draft class was largely terrible and I'd rather have drafted Dunn but give me Hield over Murray no question. I feel he actually made the right pick for once. I put very little stock into the preseason as Hield's preseason numbers are almost the exact same as Steph Curry's and much lower than Jodie Meeks (Hields doubters comparison) who was in the same preseason as Curry and totally tore it up. Only thing I think it shows is that he won't be an allstar right away, but that's a given for 99% of rookies anyway.

I'm thinking about 40 wins and 9th seed. If Tyreke were healthy day one, maybe I could say playoffs. But I'm thinking first team out.
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#24 » by pelifan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

38-41 wins I think they end up just at or under .500. I'll go 39. Could just be the fan in me. I'd rather them bottom out and get a top 3 pick than be 10th, 11th, or 12th in the West though.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#25 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:11 pm

I gave the pels a C-, they get good marks on the draft pick Hield, but the signings are very high risk, the money they gave Soloman Hill is wacky. Hill may turn out to be a good value but it seems like a huge over pay.

Depending on AD's health they should win 38-40 games.
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Post#26 » by Mystical Apples » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:50 am

Gave them a D for a weak draft, meh signings, and on-going talent drain. The Pelicans have 2 starters, 1 of which is expiring, and could really use prospects with starter to high-level starter potential after getting little the past 3 years - that's not Buddy. Diallo was fine.

Moore's contract was a little pricey but defensible. Galloway was a nice temporary signing. Hill....ugh $48M for a 7th-9th man. NOP would've been better off acquiring a couple 2nd's and/or keeping the cap space open.

34-37 wins, 9th-11th in the WC
geometry

Return to Trades and Transactions