Greg Monroe to the Knicks...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Greg Monroe to the Knicks... 

Post#1 » by sportscrazy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Milwaukee Bucks get:
Lance Thomas
Kyle O'Quinn
Justin Holiday
Mindaugas Kuzminskas

-The Bucks add a few pieces to their bench for depth to replace Greg Monroe who has not been a great fit in Milwaukee.

New York Knicks get:
Greg Monroe

-The Knicks add a sixth man that should fit great in the triangle offense with this group of Knicks players especially next to Kristaps Porzingis. Signing Lance Stephenson likely follows this move, too.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Djh7475
Pro Prospect
And1: 422

Re: Greg Monroe to the Knicks... 

Post#2 » by Djh7475 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:20 pm

This is actually not bad for a Greg Monroe thread. Most fans seem to think he'd return significant assets, but this deal just has the Knicks giving up guys that he would make unnecessary while allowing them to fulfill their "super team" prophecy. Bucks could actually use several of the players the Knicks would be sending out, but a 4 for 1 deal seems relatively unlikely.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#3 » by sportscrazy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Djh7475 wrote:This is actually not bad for a Greg Monroe thread. Most fans seem to think he'd return significant assets, but this deal just has the Knicks giving up guys that he would make unnecessary while allowing them to fulfill their "super team" prophecy. Bucks could actually use several of the players the Knicks would be sending out, but a 4 for 1 deal seems relatively unlikely.

Yeah, I don't see Milwaukee having a way to create 3 roster spots on January 15th when this trade could go down unless a third team were involved to spread it out for players in vs. players out.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,839

Post#4 » by giberish » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:33 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
Djh7475 wrote:This is actually not bad for a Greg Monroe thread. Most fans seem to think he'd return significant assets, but this deal just has the Knicks giving up guys that he would make unnecessary while allowing them to fulfill their "super team" prophecy. Bucks could actually use several of the players the Knicks would be sending out, but a 4 for 1 deal seems relatively unlikely.

Yeah, I don't see Milwaukee having a way to create 3 roster spots on January 15th when this trade could go down unless a third team were involved to spread it out for players in vs. players out.

If Noah's health remains poor the Knicks would be one of the few teams that could use an extra center. But as noted, they can't match salaries easily.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#5 » by sportscrazy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:40 pm

giberish wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

If Noah's health remains poor the Knicks would be one of the few teams that could use an extra center. But as noted, they can't match salaries easily.

Yeah limiting Noah's minutes after this deal (January 15th) until the playoffs could make sense to keep his legs fresh for then.

C-Greg Monroe
PF-Kristaps Porzingis
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Courtney Lee
PG-Derrick Rose

That's not a bad line-up with Joakim Noah, Lance Stephenson (I mentioned the Knicks would sign him after the deal) and Brandon Jennings on the bench.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#6 » by dakomish23 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Knicks need the depth, even if those guys aren't studs. Too many injury concerns to do it IMO
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#7 » by patman52 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:43 pm

The bucks can't fit all these guys on their roster.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#8 » by MotownMadness » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Monroe might not be a bad fit next Kristaps
wise1-2
Senior
And1: 116

Post#9 » by wise1-2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:07 am

I like it. Thomas and O'Quinn are good fits for the Bucks. Monroe is a good fit with Porzingis.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#10 » by brackdan70 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:06 am

I think i like the idea for both teams...but Mindaugas Kuzminskasis is the deal deal breaker IMO. Knicks need to keep that young stud.
Sign here
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#11 » by sportscrazy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:12 am

patman52 wrote:The bucks can't fit all these guys on their roster.

Is there a third team with enough cap space to absorb Holiday and Kuzminskas that would send Milwaukee a second round pick?

*Completed after January 15th*

Milwaukee Bucks get:
Kyle O'Quinn
Lance Thomas
Team X Second Round Draft Pick
Traded Player Exception (Roughly worth $7 Million)

New York Knicks get:
Greg Monroe

Team X gets:
Justin Holiday
Mindaugas Kuzminskas
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,492

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:57 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Milwaukee Bucks get:
Kyle O'Quinn
Lance Thomas
Team X Second Round Draft Pick
Traded Player Exception (Roughly worth $7 Million)

New York Knicks get:
Greg Monroe

Team X gets:
Justin Holiday
Mindaugas Kuzminskas

I don't think Holiday is needed here?

13.1 for 18.8 (NY's three for Monroe+1-2 min contracts) should be legal as you are allowed to take on a minimum contract) I think...

Without Holiday, assuming Milwaukee keeps a roster spot open.. You are just looking for a team to give up a min contract and a 2nd for one of Kuzminskas, Thomas, or KOQ. I don't know enough about Kuzminskas to know his value, but I think Thomas would be the most attractive piece for Milwaukee.

Unless Kuzminskas is better than I think, and my opinion of him is solely based on never hearing of him and him being 26yo - which isn't a very good evaluation clearly.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,157

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:15 pm

So the Knicks are going to gut their bench in order to pay $35 million per to Noah and Monroe?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#14 » by patman52 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:01 pm

jbk1234 wrote:So the Knicks are going to gut their bench in order to pay $35 million per to Noah and Monroe?

It has been a few years since they made the playoffs, NY teams always seem to like to make a splash.
tacos
Senior
And1: 385

Post#15 » by tacos » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:46 pm

I really like this trade only due to the fact that it is not Monroe to Portland again
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#16 » by buckboy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:19 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
giberish wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

Yeah limiting Noah's minutes after this deal (January 15th) until the playoffs could make sense to keep his legs fresh for then.

C-Greg Monroe
PF-Kristaps Porzingis
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Courtney Lee
PG-Derrick Rose

That's not a bad line-up with Joakim Noah, Lance Stephenson (I mentioned the Knicks would sign him after the deal) and Brandon Jennings on the bench.

I would tune in just to watch that team try to play defense.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#17 » by M-C-G » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Lance Thomas
Kyle O'Quinn
Justin Holiday
Mindaugas Kuzminskas

-The Bucks add a few pieces to their bench for depth to replace Greg Monroe who has not been a great fit in Milwaukee.

New York Knicks get:
Greg Monroe

-The Knicks add a sixth man that should fit great in the triangle offense with this group of Knicks players especially next to Kristaps Porzingis. Signing Lance Stephenson likely follows this move, too.

I guess you could make the case Kyle O'Quinn is a decent third string center on a good deal. But the rest of the pieces do nothing for me at all and I don't like the idea of taking on salary when it is so likely Moose will opt out. Even if he stays this season, it isn't like he was negative player for us as so many people around here make it sound. If he comes off the bench with the second unit and gets his numbers we can play winning basketball.

So I'd say if you can find someone, anyone that would give you something of value for Thomas, Holiday, Mindaugas, then send that back to the Bucks with KOQ. Otherwise, I don't see the point for us.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#18 » by sportscrazy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:09 am

M-C-G wrote:
Lance Thomas
Kyle O'Quinn
Justin Holiday
Mindaugas Kuzminskas

New York Knicks get:
Greg Monroe

I guess you could make the case Kyle O'Quinn is a decent third string center on a good deal. But the rest of the pieces do nothing for me at all and I don't like the idea of taking on salary when it is so likely Moose will opt out. Even if he stays this season, it isn't like he was negative player for us as so many people around here make it sound. If he comes off the bench with the second unit and gets his numbers we can play winning basketball.

So I'd say if you can find someone, anyone that would give you something of value for Thomas, Holiday, Mindaugas, then send that back to the Bucks with KOQ. Otherwise, I don't see the point for us.

What would you consider something of value that could get Monroe with O'Quinn as the other piece going to the Bucks?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#19 » by M-C-G » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:14 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Lance Thomas
Kyle O'Quinn
Justin Holiday
Mindaugas Kuzminskas

New York Knicks get:
Greg Monroe

What would you consider something of value that could get Monroe with O'Quinn as the other piece going to the Bucks?

For instance, let's say Trevor Ariza was coming back in the deal, even if we had to eat Brewer's contract. That would be something of value
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#20 » by sportscrazy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Does Mindaugas Kuzminskas, Lance Thomas, 2017 & 2019 Houston Rockets Second Round Draft Picks plus the resulting TPE get Corey Brewer and Trevor Ariza?

Return to Trades and Transactions