Raptors/Kings - Dec 15th

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Raptors/Kings - Dec 15th 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:42 pm

Ill offer this idea for the Raps to acquire more depth while Kings get a athletic wing to replace Gay long term while getting a pick.

To Toronto
-Ben McLemore
-Matt Barnes

To Sacramento
-Terrence Ross
-2017 Raptors 2nd round pick

Why?
-McLemore gives Raps a 3rd SG who can fight for minutes with Powell. Barnes gives the Raps a veteran SF on a shorter term contract to align with development of Caboclo as he progresses.

Lowry/Joseph/Wright
DeRozan/Powell/McLemore
Carroll/Barnes/Caboclo
Sullinger/Patterson/Siakam
Valinciunas/Poeltl/Noguiera

-Ross gives Kings an athletic wing who can compliment Casspi as their long term SF fixtures. The clear current glut of SG/SFs while getting back a 2017 2nd round pick

Collison/Temple/Lawson/Cousins
Affalo/Ross/Richardson
Gay/Casspi/
Stein/Tolliver/Labisiere
Cousins/Koufos/Papagiannis
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,275

Re: Raptors/Kings - Dec 15th 

Post#2 » by mademan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Ross is in our rotation and provides a skill we have little of. Both Mclemore/Barnes would be out of the rotation, or, at least, in Barnes case, receive limited minutes
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,857

Post#3 » by Duffman100 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Nah. Why downgrade from Ross and give up a 2nd rounder?
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#4 » by Kings2013 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:20 pm

at this point I consider Ben not a worse prospect, especially given age
BismackonLebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#5 » by BismackonLebron » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:18 am

Lord no from raps
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,187

Post#6 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:21 am

Terrible for Toronto, Ben McLemore is not what we need he is pretty much a 10/11th guy off the bench. Barnes provides scrappy play and a can be a decent defender when he wants to be but I take Ross' three point shooting and offensive game plus a second round pick any day of the week

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using RealGM mobile app
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#7 » by dalton749 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Ross is much better than both of them at this point, it's a downgrade that isn't worth a head case in Barnes disrupting a very good locker room
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,174

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Yeah I'm not high on Ross but I don't see why the Raptors let him go for this package. Powell showed more than McLemore has.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,830

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:33 pm

mademan wrote:Ross is in our rotation and provides a skill we have little of. Both Mclemore/Barnes would be out of the rotation, or, at least, in Barnes case, receive limited minutes

Barnes is a better player right now than Ross. He would play.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,275

Post#10 » by mademan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
mademan wrote:Ross is in our rotation and provides a skill we have little of. Both Mclemore/Barnes would be out of the rotation, or, at least, in Barnes case, receive limited minutes

Ross is a better shooter, from every distance, and is not a downgrade defensively (if at all, tbh). If they were both on the Raps right now, there's no doubt Ross would get more minutes as he provides shooting that we do not have in excess
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,830

Post#11 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:57 pm

mademan wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Ross is a better shooter, from every distance, and is not a downgrade defensively (if at all, tbh). If they were both on the Raps right now, there's no doubt Ross would get more minutes as he provides shooting that we do not have in excess

The argument isn't if Ross would get more minutes than Barnes because Ross is off the team in this scenario. I'm just pointing out Barnes would definitely play if this deal happened.

I won't argue with Raps fans about how good Ross is or isn't at basketball. That's just a waste of everyone's time. But Matt Barnes continues to be good at basketball.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#12 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:35 pm

I think its more about what potential Ross has vs. what Barnes and McLemore bring to the table. Raps fans believe Ross can get better as Matt Barnes is a declining asset. Based on his skill set, he would give Raps solid time at 14-18 mpg over the duration of his contract. Sure, he is 10 years older than Ross but at some point the Raps have to identify what they are doing with Caboclo in terms of further development over the next 12-18 months.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#13 » by Duffman100 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:52 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:I think its more about what potential Ross has vs. what Barnes and McLemore bring to the table. Raps fans believe Ross can get better as Matt Barnes is a declining asset. Based on his skill set, he would give Raps solid time at 14-18 mpg over the duration of his contract. Sure, he is 10 years older than Ross but at some point the Raps have to identify what they are doing with Caboclo in terms of further development over the next 12-18 months.

Caboclo shouldn't even be in the conversation. If he EVER gives us rotation minutes, it's a miracle.

I've had this argument many times on this board, but Mclemore is a step down from Ross...as hard as that is to believe. Ross is just meh, Mclemore is bad.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#14 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:32 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:I think its more about what potential Ross has vs. what Barnes and McLemore bring to the table. Raps fans believe Ross can get better as Matt Barnes is a declining asset. Based on his skill set, he would give Raps solid time at 14-18 mpg over the duration of his contract. Sure, he is 10 years older than Ross but at some point the Raps have to identify what they are doing with Caboclo in terms of further development over the next 12-18 months.

Caboclo shouldn't even be in the conversation. If he EVER gives us rotation minutes, it's a miracle.

I've had this argument many times on this board, but Mclemore is a step down from Ross...as hard as that is to believe. Ross is just meh, Mclemore is bad.

Would you do McLemore/Barnes straight up for Ross?. Ultimately this idea is predicated on the Raps making more minutes available for Caboclo over the next 2 years as Barnes skills diminish, Caboclo gets more minutes while he is under rookie contract.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#15 » by Duffman100 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:40 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
Would you do McLemore/Barnes straight up for Ross?. Ultimately this idea is predicated on the Raps making more minutes available for Caboclo over the next 2 years as Barnes skills diminish, Caboclo gets more minutes while he is under rookie contract.

I still wouldn't...McLemore would be behind Barnes and Powell on the depth chart. Barnes would replace Ross. So the question is whether Barnes' production is THAT much better than Ross to trade that. Sure you get out of Ross' contract, but we won't have cap room to take advantage of that anyways. I'd rather stick with Ross' potential at this point.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#16 » by MotownMadness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Ross is better then Ben and locked in on a good deal, I would pass if I were raps

Return to Trades and Transactions