Pacers, Wizards, Wolves Trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

lalvar13
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1 » by lalvar13 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:06 am

Pacers get: John Wall, Shabazz Muhammad

Wizards get: Ricky Rubio, Adrien Payne, Pacers 2017 1st Round Draft Selection, Swapping Rights for 2017 pick with Wolves

Wolves get: Jeff Teague, Monta Ellis

Pacers accept because they get the best player, capitalizing on PG13 and Wall's prime hoping to at least challenge LeBron and Kyrie.

Wizards go into full rebuild mode rebuild hoping that either their own pick or the Wolves pick turns into a top 5 pick in a deep draft and get a probable late 1st rounder with Indiana's pick. Rubio is a solid PG who is not the solution but is a solid enough piece with a contract that is not horrible.

The Wolves admittedly would be the hardest to convince, they could very possibly have another top 10 selection this year and Jeff Teague is a flight risk come years end and Monta doesn't put them near championship contenders. This is all about more clearly defining their future Teague and Monta are savvy, competent veterans who can shore up the offensive struggles the Wolves often face during the second half of games all while allowing Wiggins and KAT learn how to execute together in critical situations.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,568

Re: Pacers, Wizards, Wolves Trade 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:12 am

lalvar13 wrote:Pacers get: John Wall, Shabazz Muhammad

Wizards get: Ricky Rubio, Adrien Payne, Pacers 2017 1st Round Draft Selection, Swapping Rights for 2017 pick with Wolves

Wolves get: Jeff Teague, Monta Ellis

Pacers accept because they get the best player, capitalizing on PG13 and Wall's prime hoping to at least challenge LeBron and Kyrie.

Wizards go into full rebuild mode rebuild hoping that either their own pick or the Wolves pick turns into a top 5 pick in a deep draft and get a probable late 1st rounder with Indiana's pick. Rubio is a solid PG who is not the solution but is a solid enough piece with a contract that is not horrible.

The Wolves admittedly would be the hardest to convince, they could very possibly have another top 10 selection this year and Jeff Teague is a flight risk come years end and Monta doesn't put them near championship contenders. This is all about more clearly defining their future Teague and Monta are savvy, competent veterans who can shore up the offensive struggles the Wolves often face during the second half of games all while allowing Wiggins and KAT learn how to execute together in critical situations.

Welcome to the boards! Hope to see you posting more.

As for the trade, if I am the Wizards, I want more for Wall. I really like Rubio, but after the Pacers get Wall that shouldn't be a great draft pick and the swap rights won't mean much if Washington keeps losing.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#3 » by TGW » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:17 am

The Wizards say no. A mediocre Rubio and middling picks doesn't cut it.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 657

Post#4 » by YourBuddy » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:01 am

I feel like the Wolves would simply cut the Pacers out of the deal, toss in Kris Dunn, and take John Wall for themselves. As for the trade the proposed trade, there is no chance the Wolves offer a pick swap for Jeff Teague.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,991

Post#5 » by wolves_89 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:27 am

The Wolves give up most of the value going to WAS but get Teague instead? Based on the proposed price for Wall MIN would just deal directly with WAS to acquire him.

I really can't see the Wolves having any interest in Teague and Ellis. Teague is expiring and I don't know that Ellis even has positive value, so the original trade is an easy no from Minnesota and it's not remotely a close call.
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,318

Post#6 » by Walmart » Mon Dec 5, 2016 5:35 am

Nope, Teague and Ellis should never play together for another franchise.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#7 » by Pacersike » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:56 am

I think the idea is right for all 3 teams, but Indiana needs to add more value to it if they can.

I don't think they can without adding Turner, which they won't do, and Teague and Ellis are not exactly a perfect fit as backcourt (even though they might be good enough as backcourt to make the playoffs, which not all teams can say of their backcourt) so I think Minnesota goes after Wall for themselves here.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#8 » by NashtyNas » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:14 am

Pacersike wrote:I think the idea is right for all 3 teams, but Indiana needs to add more value to it if they can.

I don't think they can without adding Turner, which they won't do, and Teague and Ellis are not exactly a perfect fit as backcourt (even though they might be good enough as backcourt to make the playoffs, which not all teams can say of their backcourt) so I think Minnesota goes after Wall for themselves here.

Absolutely agree here. Indy needs to bring more to the table if they want Wall, but they don't have much they'd want to add on top of that which has value. Minny could simply cut them out and offer Washington a better deal for Wall, which they would if they're giving up all that value but getting only Teague in return.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#9 » by Golabki » Mon Dec 5, 2016 1:52 pm

The wolves are giving up way way to much for Teague, who I see as a downgrade on rubio anyway

For indy this offer has to start with Turner... Otherwise it's a joke.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#10 » by Wizop » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:13 pm

Indy just gave up a top pick and GHill to get Young and Teague and aren't giving up another top pick to dump Teague. Ellis can be had and CJ Miles could as well given the promise shown by GRobIII but point guard isn't our problem.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#11 » by Streakers33 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:27 pm

Wolves need more to be in this convo.. gotta add turner to get wall.. give up potential for proven star.. wolves would need turner here. And u can keep the other guys..

Or Rubio, Dunn, shbazz may get wall talks to wolves to progress..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Trades and Transactions