suns and knicks

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

suns and knicks 

Post#1 » by shagadelic45 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:01 am

phx trades: knight, tucker

ny trades: rose, ndour

suns clear their logjam of pgs and save some $, knicks move the unhappy rose and get younger
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,178

Re: suns and knicks 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:04 am

Suns should do this.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#3 » by Knickfan1982 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:06 am

The Knicks shouldn't unless they offset some of Knights salary.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
csuriano
Junior
And1: 65

Post#4 » by csuriano » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:03 am

shagadelic45 wrote:phx trades: knight, tucker

ny trades: rose, ndour

suns clear their logjam of pgs and save some $, knicks move the unhappy rose and get younger

While trading away Knight and Tucker is good for us and cap space is always good, we don't need to make any moves ASAP so we should wait for the right one. We don't need the cap space now but I would definitely do it if we got another good young player out of the deal. Maybe O'Quinn? I'll admit I don't know the Knick's roster too well though.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#5 » by NashtyNas » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:37 am

Why not make it a bit bigger since Melo isn't leaving?
Knight, Chandler, Tucker for Noah, Rose, Ndour, Hernangomez

Actually I already like it less for the Suns now that I think about it..

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#6 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:19 am

incredible as it may sound, Knight has already proven to be a 20PPG scorer on a losing team when given the ball, which is more than Rose is able to pump out right now and on slightly better efficiency as a starter. Knight is also good for more assists, rebounds and steals as a starter for Jeff Hornacek. Knight even with all of his on-court troubles has been very professional about his benching. Rose has some decent off-court troubles in addition to his declining production. Rose is also expiring, which is good in one way, but not in another. I don't think Knight is a PJ Tuckers away in value from Knight at this point. Rose is just not a good fit also. It's a no all around.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#7 » by NashtyNas » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 am

SideSwipe wrote:incredible as it may sound, Knight has already proven to be a 20PPG scorer on a losing team when given the ball, which is more than Rose is able to pump out right now and on slightly better efficiency as a starter. Knight is also good for more assists, rebounds and steals as a starter for Jeff Hornacek. Knight even with all of his on-court troubles has been very professional about his benching. Rose has some decent off-court troubles in addition to his declining production. Rose is also expiring, which is good in one way, but not in another. I don't think Knight is a PJ Tuckers away in value from Knight at this point. Rose is just not a good fit also. It's a no all around.

The idea is to dump salary - I doubt we'd ever keep Rose going forward.
I don't mind it, but I'm not sure there isn't something better out there.

Knight could go on a tear the rest of the season like he's done in the past and maybe play himself into a better value so that we get something we like in return. Unlikely, could happen.

We're in no rush and have no need for cap space this off season... so I can see the argument against the trade. That's for sure.
But it's not as bad as you make it sound.

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#8 » by DirtyDez » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 am

Makes sense for those with a realistic viewpoint of Knight's value. Looking for his 4th different team.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#9 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:41 am

DirtyDez wrote:Makes sense for those with a realistic viewpoint of Knight's value. Looking for his 4th different team.

If that's his value, the deal doesn't get done. McD will not make this trade. You are basically using Tucker then to salary dump Knight. Not going to happen under McD, I don't think. Regardless of whether there are other teams value his as highly, McD does value him, and will just keep him on the bench if there is not good value to be had.
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#10 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 am

I_Socrates wrote:
SideSwipe wrote:incredible as it may sound, Knight has already proven to be a 20PPG scorer on a losing team when given the ball, which is more than Rose is able to pump out right now and on slightly better efficiency as a starter. Knight is also good for more assists, rebounds and steals as a starter for Jeff Hornacek. Knight even with all of his on-court troubles has been very professional about his benching. Rose has some decent off-court troubles in addition to his declining production. Rose is also expiring, which is good in one way, but not in another. I don't think Knight is a PJ Tuckers away in value from Knight at this point. Rose is just not a good fit also. It's a no all around.

The idea is to dump salary - I doubt we'd ever keep Rose going forward.
I don't mind it, but I'm not sure there isn't something better out there.

Knight could go on a tear the rest of the season like he's done in the past and maybe play himself into a better value so that we get something we like in return. Unlikely, could happen.

We're in no rush and have no need for cap space this off season... so I can see the argument against the trade. That's for sure.
But it's not as bad as you make it sound.

In your scenario we use Tucker to salary dump Knight. Does that sound like a McD move? Not going to happen. We won't keep Rose. If that is your goal, this type of deal won't happen during the season, it is more likely in the offseason with another team. There are certainly other competing teams that will pony up for Tucker and not see his as filler in a salary dump. Knight is as good or close to as good as Rose is now, makes less money and is locked up for three more years- is far younger and still has upside. Sorry, but I just can't get there at all.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#11 » by DirtyDez » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:55 am

SideSwipe wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Makes sense for those with a realistic viewpoint of Knight's value. Looking for his 4th different team.

If that's his value, the deal doesn't get done. McD will not make this trade. You are basically using Tucker then to salary dump Knight. Not going to happen under McD, I don't think. Regardless of whether there are other teams value his as highly, McD does value him, and will just keep him on the bench if there is not good value to be had.

I agree. McD values him differently which we found out two years ago.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#12 » by NashtyNas » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 am

SideSwipe wrote:
In your scenario we use Tucker to salary dump Knight. Does that sound like a McD move? Not going to happen. We won't keep Rose. If that is your goal, this type of deal won't happen during the season, it is more likely in the offseason with another team. There are certainly other competing teams that will pony up for Tucker and not see his as filler in a salary dump. Knight is as good or close to as good as Rose is now, makes less money and is locked up for three more years- is far younger and still has upside. Sorry, but I just can't get there at all.

If you're saying McD values Knight too highly and wouldn't do this, I don't disagree with you.
If you're saying it's a bad move because McD thinks it's a bad move, I do disagree with you.

I would trade Knight+Tucker for Rose + W.Hernangomez or some minor asset very quickly and get a do-over on that Knight contract/trade that's been nothing but horrible thus far. I agree McD won't, but that doesn't make him right.

Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,346

Post#13 » by Jellybeans » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:14 am

I_Socrates wrote:Why not make it a bit bigger since Melo isn't leaving?

Hernangomez wont be traded!KP's BFF and damn rook
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#14 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 am

I_Socrates wrote:
SideSwipe wrote:

If you're saying McD values Knight too highly and wouldn't do this, I don't disagree with you.
If you're saying it's a bad move because McD thinks it's a bad move, I do disagree with you.

I would trade Knight+Tucker for Rose + W.Hernangomez or some minor asset very quickly and get a do-over on that Knight contract/trade that's been nothing but horrible thus far. I agree McD won't, but that doesn't make him right.

On this point we will disagree, because I think McD is right to wait.
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

Post#15 » by shagadelic45 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:20 am

rose for knight, straight up, works also.....maybe simpler and better
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#16 » by Knickfan1982 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:38 pm

I_Socrates wrote:Why not make it a bit bigger since Melo isn't leaving?

Edit. I got Tucker mixed up with Dudley. I still don't like including Hernangomez.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.

Return to Trades and Transactions