Dunn for Nance jr.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,835

Re: Dunn for Nance jr. 

Post#21 » by Duffman100 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Still think the Wolves should have drafted Murray.

I think giving up on Dunn this early would be a mistake. Nance may end up having the better career, but Dunn's ceiling is still too high to give up on his rookie year.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#22 » by DanishLakerFan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:50 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Lakers get a good perimeter defender to partner with Russel. Dunn can guard PGs and SGs so you can hide Russel on a weaker scorer.

Wolves get a PF. Plus I like Larry way more than Kris :D

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hgm8u4m

I'm kinda surprised that a Minny fan would post a deal like this as it is quite early to move on from a guy they picked last summer. At the same time i think Dunn has been quite underwhelming this season and since he's 22 already (a year older than KAT, Wiggins and LaVine).

For the Lakers, i think they'd have to agree to a deal like this because as bad as he's been i think Dunn still has higher upside than Nance and he's a bit younger and has an extra year on his deal. Also, with Randle as the starting 4 and with major defensive issues in the back-court i think Dunn is a slightly better fit.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,643

Post#23 » by shrink » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:12 pm

HotelVitale wrote:Quick homer check: Lou Williams is setting the world on fire this year, he's probably been one of the best 15 offensive players in the league. And most doubt that Shabazz could be a contributor to a good team soon

I always smile when a post about a player on a bad team (Laker are 19-37) makes the "good stats on a bad team" argument about some other player (MIN is 20-34), but it would never dawn on them to apply their same standard to both players.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,643

Post#24 » by shrink » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:17 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Still think the Wolves should have drafted Murray.

I think giving up on Dunn this early would be a mistake. Nance may end up having the better career, but Dunn's ceiling is still too high to give up on his rookie year.

That might be the call now, but on draft night, I think most thought that Dunn was the obvious choice. They received several offers when Dunn fell to them, and it sounds like the Jimmy Butler trade was close. Dunn has shown flashes defensively, but so far, he has under-performed expectations.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#25 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:28 pm

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:Lakers get a good perimeter defender to partner with Russel. Dunn can guard PGs and SGs so you can hide Russel on a weaker scorer.

Wolves get a PF. Plus I like Larry way more than Kris :D

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hgm8u4m

I'm kinda surprised that a Minny fan would post a deal like this as it is quite early to move on from a guy they picked last summer. At the same time i think Dunn has been quite underwhelming this season and since he's 22 already (a year older than KAT, Wiggins and LaVine).

For the Lakers, i think they'd have to agree to a deal like this because as bad as he's been i think Dunn still has higher upside than Nance and he's a bit younger and has an extra year on his deal. Also, with Randle as the starting 4 and with major defensive issues in the back-court i think Dunn is a slightly better fit.

Well, the second he was drafted called him a bust and had been a huge skeptic pre-draft. So there :D
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#26 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Biggest hurdle in moving Dunn is Thibs. That would be quite the ego check to trade the first player you drafted as coach/GM. A #5 overall no less.

Should he trade Dunn? If he has been won over by Rubio, and he thinks Jones could be his youth project PG...yes. This might be a set of variables he didn't have a grasp on during draft time. And if he could swallow his pride, admit he has come around due to having a half season with Rubio and Jones, sure, make Dunn available.

I think he should trade Dunn (assuming he would) to a team with its own underwhelming player who fills a position of purpose for Thibs. S Johnson on Pistons comes to mind. Maybe WCS from Kings.

He could also package him with Bazz to Charlotte for MKG. I am not a huge MKG fan, but seeing a half season of him starting next to Wiggins at SG could be awesome sample size (data to analyze in what to do with this roster moving forward).
sanitylaker
Senior
And1: 314

Post#27 » by sanitylaker » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Surprised to see Minny fans giving up on Dunn so soon. Said that, LA does not need another PG prospect. I'd rather keep Nance.
Peezo
Rookie
And1: 79

Post#28 » by Peezo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:46 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Peezo wrote: Man I wasn't gonna get in, but that last trade is just awful for the wolves. If we turned Dunn (less than a year after making him the #5pick) and Shabazz, THEN add a random 2nd to bring in a nice player but non-star and an old vet PG when we already have two on the roster, then I will just assume Thibs hates this fanbase. LAL gets Nene, Dunn, and a first, and we get Nance (<Dunn) and Lou (=<Shabazz)? Yuck.

Quick homer check: Lou Williams is setting the world on fire this year, he's probably been one of the best 15 offensive players in the league. And most doubt that Shabazz could be a contributor to a good team soon; he's not terrible but it's not looking good overall, and he's due for a contract this year.

What's astoundingly laughable about that trade is that HOU would give up a 1st, Nene, and KJ for Shabazz and Nick Young. However homer-ish your suggestion was, this one is twenty times worse.

What suggestion was I making? I was saying another trade was bad. I didn't propose anything. Also I would agree that Lou is better than Shabazz, but from a Wolves perspective? We don't need an old backup PG when we have 3 PGs. So I'm going to do that homer check you've requested, I'd just ask you to read more closely. Reading check.
Turnover_21 wrote:So who do we get? Capspace? Is Capspace white?
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#29 » by Woody Allen » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Dunn is a 23 year old PG with huge holes in his game. It's not a given that he'll evolve into a starter in this league. I think Minnesota should take this.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#30 » by FNQ » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:50 pm

I mean value-wise, sure.. but its been reported a lot that Rubio is the on the block to make way for Dunn. So Thibs must see something in Dunn that he really likes.

Return to Trades and Transactions