Draft Day Scenario Indy-LaL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

LARobbed
Ballboy
And1: 0

Draft Day Scenario Indy-LaL 

Post#1 » by LARobbed » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:04 am

Hello All, long time reader, 1st time posting

So 2 scenario

Scenario 1, La lands #1 pick
LA-PG13, Al Jefferson
Indy- #1 pick, Hou 1st, Randle, Deng

Scenario 2, La lands #2 or #3
La- Pg 13, Al Jeff
Indy- Russell, #2 or #3 Pick, Deng, Brewer

Indy- well Pg has put it out there if Bird doesn't get him help he's not signing ext, either scenario gives Indy enough assets to build around Turner, Dlo could get their pg of the future or fultz or ball

La-well STAR power, basic as that. I'm not giving Indy Ingram because I dont want to repeat Indy mistake, had they not traded for Hill they might have had Pg13 and Kawahi. I could see Pg as a great mentor and role model for Ingram. Al Jeff could be our scoring punch of the bench

thoughts?
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: Draft Day Scenario Indy-LaL 

Post#2 » by lakerhater » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:07 am

Could you please post reasons for both teams to do your offers?
LARobbed
Ballboy

Post#3 » by LARobbed » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 am

lakerhater wrote:Could you please post reasons for both teams to do your offers?

edited with reasons....thanks for input
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#4 » by lakerhater » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:13 am

LARobbed wrote:
lakerhater wrote:Could you please post reasons for both teams to do your offers?

edited with reasons....thanks for input

Thank you for the reasons. When the board sees the rationale behind an idea(s) you always get better responses.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: RE: Draft Day Scenario Indy-LaL 

Post#5 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:31 am

LARobbed wrote:Hello All, long time reader, 1st time posting

So 2 scenario

LA-PG13, Al Jefferson

La- Pg 13, Al Jeff

Indy- well Pg has put it out there if Bird doesn't get him help he's not signing ext, either scenario gives Indy enough assets to build around Turner, Dlo could get their pg of the future or fultz or ball

La-well STAR power, basic as that. I'm not giving Indy Ingram because I dont want to repeat Indy mistake, had they not traded for Hill they might have had Pg13 and Kawahi. I could see Pg as a great mentor and role model for Ingram. Al Jeff could be our scoring punch of the bench

thoughts?

No interest in taking one if the worst contacts in basketball, Deng is washed up. Heres a deal if LA has the #1 pick. Russell, Ingram, Nance, the 2017 #1 pick and a 2021 #1 pick. No Deng and no Mozgov.

Sent from my SM-G360T using RealGM mobile app
LARobbed
Ballboy

Post#6 » by LARobbed » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:38 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:

So 2 scenario

LA-PG13, Al Jefferson

La- Pg 13, Al Jeff

thoughts?

No interest in taking one if the worst contacts in basketball, Deng is washed up. Heres a deal if LA has the #1 pick. Russell, Ingram, Nance, the 2017 #1 pick and a 2021 #1 pick. No Deng and no Mozgov.

if thats the price we'll wait till 2018 and take our chances
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#7 » by Karmaloop » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:No interest in taking one if the worst contacts in basketball, Deng is washed up. Heres a deal if LA has the #1 pick. Russell, Ingram, Nance, the 2017 #1 pick and a 2021 #1 pick. No Deng and no Mozgov.

Good luck finding anyone who can AND will offer that kind of package for Paul George. Thats almost LOL bad.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#8 » by NashtyNas » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:15 am

Karmaloop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:No interest in taking one if the worst contacts in basketball, Deng is washed up. Heres a deal if LA has the #1 pick. Russell, Ingram, Nance, the 2017 #1 pick and a 2021 #1 pick. No Deng and no Mozgov.

Good luck finding anyone who can AND will offer that kind of package for Paul George. Thats almost LOL bad.

It's really not as bad as you're making it sound.
It's a far better starting point than what the OP suggests, that's for sure. No chance IND eats Deng or Mozgov while sending out George.

The best of both worlds is one of Russell or Ingram, the 2017 pick (long as it's top 3) and the HOU pick. Fillers can be worked on as needed but I think that's a good starting point and competitive enough to any offer Boston would realistically make.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,147

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:19 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:

So 2 scenario

LA-PG13, Al Jefferson

La- Pg 13, Al Jeff

thoughts?

That's an overpay if you're not taking back bad contracts which you shouldn't care about entering a rebuild. L.A. only does the quick fix route if they have cap space to sign other players to put around PG.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LARobbed
Ballboy

Post#10 » by LARobbed » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 am

I_Socrates wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

It's a far better starting point than what the OP suggests, that's for sure. No chance IND eats Deng or Mozgov while sending out George.

The best of both worlds is one of Russell or Ingram, the 2017 pick (long as it's top 3) and the HOU pick. Fillers can be worked on as needed but I think that's a good starting point and competitive enough to any offer Boston would realistically make.

IF Bos doesn't offer both BK pick, then LA isn't offering a top 3 pick and one of russell or Ingram either.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#11 » by NashtyNas » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:40 am

LARobbed wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

IF Bos doesn't offer both BK pick, then LA isn't offering a top 3 pick and one of russell or Ingram either.

Ok, then LA isn't getting George either. ;)

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#12 » by DanTown8587 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:34 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:

So 2 scenario

LA-PG13, Al Jefferson

La- Pg 13, Al Jeff

thoughts?

You think a year before George can opt out of a deal is worth a top #3 pick, two former top three picks in the past two drafts (one who is 21, the other 19), a solid rotation player in Nance, and ANOTHER future first?
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#13 » by DanishLakerFan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:45 am

DanTown8587 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

So 2 scenario

LA-PG13, Al Jefferson

La- Pg 13, Al Jeff

thoughts?

You think a year before George can opt out of a deal is worth a top #3 pick, two former top three picks in the past two drafts (one who is 21, the other 19), a solid rotation player in Nance, and ANOTHER future first?

Clearly he's joking - or delusional - or more likely just angry that the PG13-era could be coming to an end pretty soon.

If LA gets the #1 or #2 pick i think a deal would be something along the lines of Randle+Clarkson+pick+ (maybe) 2019 pick (lottery protected). No big Al, Deng, Ingram or Russell attached. If they balk at that, then perhaps Chicago would pull the trigger in a Butler deal instead. Or maybe LA just wait and see if PG13 will hit free agency.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#14 » by Karmaloop » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:40 pm

I_Socrates wrote:It's really not as bad as you're making it sound.

It really is. There's not a team that can (or would) give up a package that is even remotely close to that proposal. Based on the assumption that wacko made that the Lakers keep their top 3 pick, what team can offer a top 3 pick, a former top-2 pick a year before, another top 3 pick, along with a nice young player and a future 1st? I think that it's pretty safe to say that there are only two teams that can offer a significant rebuilding package in Boston and Philadelphia. I'll start with Philadelphia. Any offer has to start with Embiid and their pick, and I don't think it's crazy to say that a top 3 pick this year and Ingram are worth more than Embiid and a pick in the 6-8 range this year. But then you look at the "add ons" that the Lakers are giving, and there isn't a single piece that Philadelphia can match for Russell. Now would they do that knowing that George is a pending FA? No. But let's revisit a Celtics package. Assuming the C's get a pick above the Lakers, their pick is more valuable. Their "secondary" piece would likely be Jaylen Brown which is inferior to Brandon Ingram, so depending on how big of a gap you think there is between the second and third (or first and second), we could call it a wash if you want to. So then you get into that third piece which is likely Brooklyn's pick in 2018, which is a huge unknown and I'd argue is less valuable than D'Angelo Russell. Than the C's have to make up the value of Larry Nance and a future 1st. It's not a package the Lakers would make, and it's not a package that any team would offer knowing George fully plans on exploring free agency.

And that's assuming the Lakers aren't picking #1 overall.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#15 » by Karmaloop » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:53 pm

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:Clearly he's joking - or delusional - or more likely just angry that the PG13-era could be coming to an end pretty soon.

If LA gets the #1 or #2 pick i think a deal would be something along the lines of Randle+Clarkson+pick+ (maybe) 2019 pick (lottery protected). No big Al, Deng, Ingram or Russell attached. If they balk at that, then perhaps Chicago would pull the trigger in a Butler deal instead. Or maybe LA just wait and see if PG13 will hit free agency.

I mean, I don't mind wanting full value for your star player, but teams are only going to pay what they're comfortable giving up. And nobody is going to empty their cabinet of all their assets in one trade for anything short of a locked up superstar. George isn't a superstar, nor is he locked up beyond next year so the notion that George is going to fetch Ingram, Russell, AND a top 3 pick is completely out of the question. If the Lakers land a top 3 pick, I might consider using that pick as part of a George trade, but only if they got a *wink, wink* from George. And if I'm giving up a top 3 pick, I'm not adding Ingram or Russell in it as well let alone both of them. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the best package the Lakers offered was Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, the HOU pick, and fillers.
Kirito
Senior
And1: 223

Post#16 » by Kirito » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:37 pm

So 2 scenario

LA-PG13, Al Jefferson

La- Pg 13, Al Jeff

thoughts?

Lol As a Laker fan did you not learn anything from Dwightmare?
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#17 » by LakersLegacy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:04 pm

If somehow the Lakers get the #1 pick then we should do what the Cavs did and wait for a great player to come home in free agency. Coming home is trendy, LeBron, DWade, Dwight
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#18 » by Dr Aki » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:11 am

There is just ZERO incentive to get a deal done from LA's side unless it helps the Lakers clear enough salary (Mozgov, Deng, Clarkson and/or Randle) to get another star besides George. The timeline simple doesn't fit with trading for George, as with him and Deng and Mozgov and whatever scraps leftover, the Lakers aren't a playoff team anyway. All that for a 1 year rental of George, and after the Dwightmare, there's no appetite for gambling any of the top #3 pick, Ingram or Russell for that.

Indy on the other hand should trade him ASAP for whatever value they can get, just know that George is actively tanking his value and Bird has 6-12 months to find a buyer that will pay enough for a rental, all the while George's value diminishes week by week as his new team controls him for less time without a commitment to re-sign.

If George truly wants the Lakers, he can wait and sign for free in 2018. If he's not serious, and someone else lands him, there's no need for the Lakers to cry over something that can't control. Bird should try to find a suitable deal from Boston as they seem to have the most to gain from a George acquisition.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,147

Post#19 » by jbk1234 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:17 am

Dr Aki wrote:There is just ZERO incentive to get a deal done from LA's side unless it helps the Lakers clear enough salary (Mozgov, Deng, Clarkson and/or Randle) to get another star besides George. The timeline simple doesn't fit with trading for George, as with him and Deng and Mozgov and whatever scraps leftover, the Lakers aren't a playoff team anyway. All that for a 1 year rental of George, and after the Dwightmare, there's no appetite for gambling any of the top #3 pick, Ingram or Russell for that.

Indy on the other hand should trade him ASAP for whatever value they can get, just know that George is actively tanking his value and Bird has 6-12 months to find a buyer that will pay enough for a rental, all the while George's value diminishes week by week as his new team controls him for less time without a commitment to re-sign.

If George truly wants the Lakers, he can wait and sign for free in 2018. If he's not serious, and someone else lands him, there's no need for the Lakers to cry over something that can't control. Bird should try to find a suitable deal from Boston as they seem to have the most to gain from a George acquisition.

The incentive is that he doesn't get traded to a contending team and decides not to leave. See, Kevin Love & DeMar Derozan.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
sterfry94
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#20 » by sterfry94 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:00 am

I think this would be a good starting point since all signs point to PG leaving.

IND Trades:

PG13

LAL Trades:

17' First (1-3)

Randle or Russel (I'd ideally push for Ingram but I'd settle here)

Either the HOU 1st or the soonest available 1st LA can offer if they won't include Ingram.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Trades and Transactions