Kings/Jazz/Cavs; Kings/Nets; Kings/Suns;

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Kings/Jazz/Cavs; Kings/Nets; Kings/Suns; 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Ill offer these 3 trades for Kings to get back as many picks as possible for rebuild.

To Utah (Trade Mack, 1st)
-Darren Collison
-2017 Philadelphia 2nd round pick

To Sacramento (Trade Collison, cash)
-2017 Utah 1st round pick
-2019 LAL or Minnesota 2nd round pick
-$2 million TPE

To Cleveland (Trade TPE, 2nd)
-Shelvin Mack
-$750,000 cash from Sacramento to pay for Mack remaining salary

-Utah upgrades PG spot short term
-Kings get picks
-Cavs get veteran backup PG to fit one of their remaining TPEs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Brooklyn
-Ben McLemore

To Sacramento
-Randy Foye
-2017 Boston 2nd round pick

-Nets get a younger SG to add to rebuilding roster
-Kings already have 2 young SGs, get a 2nd round pick

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Sacramento
-Brandon Knight
-2018 Suns 2nd round pick

To Phoenix
-Arron Affalo

Why?
-Kings get a younger potential 6th man
-Suns get further 2017 off-season salary relief

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kings Trade:
-Collison, Affalo, McLemore, Cash, 2017 Philly 2nd

Kings Get:
-Knight, Foye, 2017 Utah 1st 2017 Boston 2nd, 2018 Suns 2nd, 2019 LAL or Minnesota 2nd
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Re: Kings/Jazz/Cavs; Kings/Nets; Kings/Suns; Kings/Cavs 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Utah wants more than a second for Mack. I'd be okay with it the OP but teams are trying to leverage the Cavs b/c of need so I don't see a move being made.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:46 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Utah wants more than a second for Mack. I'd be okay with it the OP but teams are trying to leverage the Cavs b/c of need so I don't see a move being made.

You think Mack is worth more than the #35 pick in the draft?

This is way I saw it:
Collison = Utah 1st (#23)
Mack = Philly 2nd (#35)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Utah wants more than a second for Mack. I'd be okay with it the OP but teams are trying to leverage the Cavs b/c of need so I don't see a move being made.

You think Mack is worth more than the #35 pick in the draft?

This is way I saw it:
Collison = Utah 1st (#23)
Mack = Philly 2nd (#35)

Do I? Hell no. But I'm not running the Jazz.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: Kings/Jazz/Cavs; Kings/Nets; Kings/Suns; 

Post#5 » by loserX » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:01 pm

I don't think Mack is worth more than a 2nd, and I don't think the Jazz do either. But you need a reason to do a trade other than "it's fair". In a vacuum, Utah has no reason to trade Mack for a 2nd.

We don't need the roster spot, we don't need to save money, we don't need to remove possible contributors from our bench, and we don't need more 2nd rounders (we sell them off for cash as it is). So if we do trade Mack, we need an overpay (...unless any of those circumstances change, and they might).

I think the value here is fine, even good. I'm just still not convinced that we need to spend more draft assets on point guards...even swapping Mack out for Collison, we'd still have five guys playing the position.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#6 » by lakerhater » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:04 pm

First 2 sound realistic but bailing the Suns out of Knight's contract with AA's virtually expiring deal while only getting a 2nd round pick looks like highway robbery for the Suns.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#7 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:10 pm

lakerhater wrote:First 2 sound realistic but bailing the Suns out of Knight's contract with AA's virtually expiring deal while only getting a 2nd round pick looks like highway robbery for the Suns.

Yeah, good point. However, I dont see the Suns trading a 1st rounder along with Knight just to dump him. Perhaps it might take 2 2nds. Hard to gauge what is 'fair' from Suns perspective
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#8 » by lakerhater » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
lakerhater wrote:First 2 sound realistic but bailing the Suns out of Knight's contract with AA's virtually expiring deal while only getting a 2nd round pick looks like highway robbery for the Suns.

Yeah, good point. However, I dont see the Suns trading a 1st rounder along with Knight just to dump him. Perhaps it might take 2 2nds. Hard to gauge what is 'fair' from Suns perspective

If the Suns aren't willing to part with a first then they're stuck with Knight for a while.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#9 » by kalenclayton » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:18 pm

1st trade: I love Collison as a player and think he could be a really good quarterback for the young'ns, but I actually like this trade. Sac uses Collison to move up in the draft. Utah gets Collison, who would be fantastic(!) off the bench for them. Cleveland gets a nice backup PG. I like it.

2nd trade: I kinda like this trade and I kinda don't. The Kings get an ok 2nd and a vet who could help the young guys. I would rather look elsewhere. The Nets would be silly not to take this trade, but this is coming from a guy who still sees a solid future in McLemore.

3rd trade: I love this trade for both parties. The Suns get out of Knight's contract and pickup a good locker room presence/solid vet. The Kings get a player who needs a change of scenery and a future 2nd.

Great job OP!
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#10 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:20 pm

lakerhater wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:

If the Suns aren't willing to part with a first then they're stuck with Knight for a while.

Youre probably right. Timing is bad now with a PG heavy draft coming up and the fact he's had a down year. Perhaps they'll get 1-2 2nd rounders for him 12 months from now.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#11 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:22 pm

I dont' expect Collison has this type of value.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#12 » by stitches » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:23 pm

I don't think the Jazz want more than a second for Mack. But I also am not sure if they will give up a first for 25 games of Collison.

Return to Trades and Transactions