The Pick Has Returned (PHI|SAC)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Re: The Pick Has Returned (PHI|SAC) 

Post#21 » by TTP » Thu May 25, 2017 5:46 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Heres the thing, I actually think we will be better than most people think in 2019.

The Kings overrate themselves every year. That's how you lost the pick and swaps in the first place, by thinking you were a playoff team by adding Rondo/Bellinelli/Koufos.

You guys were better than expected at the end of last season, but I still expect you guys to be a bottom 8 team (and possibly significantly lower) when that pick conveys. I'm lower than most on many of your prospects (specifically Hield, WCS, Malachi) and I fully expect your management to continue bungling things over the next few years.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: RE: Re: The Pick Has Returned (PHI|SAC) 

Post#22 » by LightTheBeam » Thu May 25, 2017 6:26 am

TTP wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Heres the thing, I actually think we will be better than most people think in 2019.

The Kings overrate themselves every year. That's how you lost the pick and swaps in the first place, by thinking you were a playoff team by adding Rondo/Bellinelli/Koufos.

You guys were better than expected at the end of last season, but I still expect you guys to be a bottom 8 team (and possibly significantly lower) when that pick conveys. I'm lower than most on many of your prospects (specifically Hield, WCS, Malachi) and I fully expect your management to continue bungling things over the next few years.

You are free to have those opinions. Time will tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using RealGM mobile app
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 548

Post#23 » by They_Them_Hatin » Thu May 25, 2017 7:03 am

I think a fair trade between both teams would be 3+2019 Sac pick swap for 5+10. I think Philly could be at least the 8th seed in 2 years. So 3+15 for 5+10 is fair to me.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#24 » by City of Trees » Thu May 25, 2017 7:16 am

ntsap wrote:I think a fair trade between both teams would be 3+2019 Sac pick swap for 5+10. I think Philly could be at least the 8th seed in 2 years. So 3+15 for 5+10 is fair to me.

With Philly picking up another pick this draft (#10) why dont you send one or two 2017 early-mid 2nd rounders to Sac

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#25 » by freshie2 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:21 am

The seconds are more tolerable, but I'm not sure philly gives up Roco regardless. Maybe 5 and 10 gets you the pick back, but neither team probably does that either.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#26 » by shawn_hemp » Thu May 25, 2017 11:04 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Heres the thing, I actually think we will be better than most people think in 2019. I don't think that pick is a guarantee to be top 7 like most people think. Especially if we add Covington, I predict its more along the 10-15 lines. Id throw in Koufos to make this happen who I think would be a great fit for cheap money in Philly.

Hield is 23, so is WCS, Skal looks ahead of the curve, Bogdan should come over and is already 24. We aren't necessarily a bunch of 19 year olds. Covington is 26 so doesn't really kill our timeline and we have tons of cap space to resign him. Covington isn't blowing anyone out of the water but with Fox/Hield/Skal hes the perfect fit to just shoot 3's and play defense. 35% from 3 isn't great but he shoots 6 a game.

This also gets us out of that bad Philly trade this year. Costs us a pick swap 3 to 5, and the #10 overall but at least Vlade learned his mistake and were done with it.

WCS/Papa/Koufos
Skal/Tolliver/#34
Covington/Richardson
Hield/Bogdan/Temple
Fox/Galloway

Possibly resign one of Collison or Lawson.

I wouldn't be terribly mad about going into next year with this roster and no further picks owed.

I think Philly is willing to take that chance.

I'd do the 2019 pick for #10 and Buddy Hield but I doubt the Kings would trade him
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#27 » by patman52 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:07 am

mksp wrote:Yeah I don't understand this trade at all.

Maaaaaaybe I would do Sac '19 for #10 this year, and would argue that this would be a savvy, forward-thinking trade on Sacramento's part.

But adding Covington is crazy.

Sacremento would do this, I agree I think the kings will be closer to 500 in '19. Philly would Iove to have the bird in the hand of the 10th pick in a deep draft.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,564

Post#28 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu May 25, 2017 11:50 am

ntsap wrote:I think a fair trade between both teams would be 3+2019 Sac pick swap for 5+10. I think Philly could be at least the 8th seed in 2 years. So 3+15 for 5+10 is fair to me.

2019 is not a pick swap. It is an unprotected Kings pick. That's a huge difference.

Now if you want to argue for 3 + lotto protected Philly 19 pick for 5 and 10, that could be that 3 and 15 trade.

But the Kings pick is a lot higher value than you are giving it. It looks like you are actually setting it up not just as a swap, but a swap Sac owns where Sac gets the better pick and Philly gets the mid 1st.
PickMeUpASixer
Junior
And1: 93

Post#29 » by PickMeUpASixer » Thu May 25, 2017 12:13 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:I've mentioned this in 2 other Sixer/Kings trade threads but I like the idea of #10 for Covington plus 2nd's only if the Kings get Fox at #5. It wouldn't make sense if Fox was gone and Kings instead drafted Tatum.

The Sixers would be foolish to trade back unprotected 2019 1st but the following I think works for both teams.

Kings trade #10
Sixers trade Covington and 2 of their 4 2017 2nd's

Again it would have to be preliminary talks and decided upon once the Kings have drafted Fox and are on the clock for #10 to determine if the guy the Sixers want is there. Let's say Monk is there at 10 they'd have a great draft walking away with Josh Jackson and Malik Monk.

I would probably do this if the guy I wanted was there at 10. Even though I've already stated that I think Cov is probably a better player than the 10th pick, his contract timeline could cause cap issues with our "core" prospects. For Sac, however, this seems like a shortsighted move, as they should be in superstar market, which Cov is not going to become, but the #10 has a chance to.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,730

Post#30 » by the_process » Thu May 25, 2017 1:15 pm

City of Trees wrote:

With Philly picking up another pick this draft (#10) why dont you send one or two 2017 early-mid 2nd rounders to Sac

So 3, worse of 2019 SAC/PHI 1st, 39, and 47 for 5 and 10? That's a yes here.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,730

Post#31 » by the_process » Thu May 25, 2017 1:20 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:I've mentioned this in 2 other Sixer/Kings trade threads but I like the idea of #10 for Covington plus 2nd's only if the Kings get Fox at #5. It wouldn't make sense if Fox was gone and Kings instead drafted Tatum.

The Sixers would be foolish to trade back unprotected 2019 1st but the following I think works for both teams.

Kings trade #10
Sixers trade Covington and 2 of their 4 2017 2nd's

Again it would have to be preliminary talks and decided upon once the Kings have drafted Fox and are on the clock for #10 to determine if the guy the Sixers want is there. Let's say Monk is there at 10 they'd have a great draft walking away with Josh Jackson and Malik Monk.

I love this idea, especially if BC for some reason doesn't want to pay Covington. However, it's hard to see BC trading vets for draft picks. It's more likely to be the other way around.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#32 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu May 25, 2017 2:30 pm

The way I see it, the Kings' future pick is likely to go Top 10 (probably even higher) so adding Covington makes this an easy no for Philly.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#33 » by City of Trees » Thu May 25, 2017 3:06 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

2019 is not a pick swap. It is an unprotected Kings pick. That's a huge difference.

Now if you want to argue for 3 + lotto protected Philly 19 pick for 5 and 10, that could be that 3 and 15 trade.

But the Kings pick is a lot higher value than you are giving it. It looks like you are actually setting it up not just as a swap, but a swap Sac owns where Sac gets the better pick and Philly gets the mid 1st.

No I think you misunderstood his post. He is suggesting changing the 2019 Sact 1st from unprotected to a pick swap to equal out value in a trade for 5+10. Philly will still get the Kings high pick in 2019 so you don't lose that nugget. Doing this gives the Kings Philly's 2019 pick which he guessed (#15) and could be a playoff team

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#34 » by LightTheBeam » Thu May 25, 2017 3:35 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Heres the thing, I actually think we will be better than most people think in 2019. I don't think that pick is a guarantee to be top 7 like most people think. Especially if we add Covington, I predict its more along the 10-15 lines. Id throw in Koufos to make this happen who I think would be a great fit for cheap money in Philly.

Hield is 23, so is WCS, Skal looks ahead of the curve, Bogdan should come over and is already 24. We aren't necessarily a bunch of 19 year olds. Covington is 26 so doesn't really kill our timeline and we have tons of cap space to resign him. Covington isn't blowing anyone out of the water but with Fox/Hield/Skal hes the perfect fit to just shoot 3's and play defense. 35% from 3 isn't great but he shoots 6 a game.

This also gets us out of that bad Philly trade this year. Costs us a pick swap 3 to 5, and the #10 overall but at least Vlade learned his mistake and were done with it.

WCS/Papa/Koufos
Skal/Tolliver/#34
Covington/Richardson
Hield/Bogdan/Temple
Fox/Galloway

Possibly resign one of Collison or Lawson.

I wouldn't be terribly mad about going into next year with this roster and no further picks owed.

I think Philly is willing to take that chance.

I'd do the 2019 pick for #10 and Buddy Hield but I doubt the Kings would trade him

Lol I wouldn't give either of those assets straight up for the 2019 pick. 2 years is a long time you make it seem as that pick is a promise to be top 2.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#35 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu May 25, 2017 4:43 pm

I agree with the OP. Covington is going to be costly next year, and I think that money should go elsewhere (Embiid).

If you're taking BPA at 3, it's likely a SF who has a similar style to Cov. So, I don't see a problem including Cov in trades when you're drafting a cheaper, younger, better version of him in Jackson.

As for including the pick, it's a gamble to think it will definitely be a top pick in 19. What you're doing in trading it for #10 this year is getting a solid player right now who fits the process timeline, and the roster, and helps compete sooner. Rather than waiting 2 more years to hopefully get a top guy. I would say I'd rather include one of the Sixers own picks in the next few years instead. But if they want their own pick back, I'm okay with it.

There is still Lakers 18, OKC 20, and PHI 18, 19, and 20.

If the plan is to draft Jackson at 3, I think Cov should be dealt. I'd try to get 5 from them, but 10 would work.

If 4-9 are some combination of Tatum, Fox, Monk, Isaac, Markk, DSJ...or some others who jump into the top 10 as a surprise...

That leaves at a minimum Mitchell, Ntilikina, and a few other interesting guys at 10. If Mitchell and Ntil are ominimums board at 10, one of the above names is available.

I think personally Ntilikina on the right team is going to be a very good player, and fits with the Sixers. Also, Mitchell would be a good fit.

So either of those guys at 10 to me is a good fit. Adding them in with Jackson and Simmons this year would be dynamic. And those guys can all grow together.

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 548

Post#36 » by They_Them_Hatin » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

I know it's unprotected. I meant they change the pick from unprotected where Philly still gets the Kings pick and then the Kings get Philly's 1st which I think will be a mid 1st. Which is fair imo.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,564

Post#37 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu May 25, 2017 5:54 pm

ntsap wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I know it's unprotected. I meant they change the pick from unprotected where Philly still gets the Kings pick and then the Kings get Philly's 1st which I think will be a mid 1st. Which is fair imo.

Making it directly lotto protected Philly 19 pick is much cleaner than giving Sac worse of Sac and Philly 1sts, which could be a top 5 pick still as this year showed.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#38 » by eagereyez » Thu May 25, 2017 6:07 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
ntsap wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Making it directly lotto protected Philly 19 pick is much cleaner than giving Sac worse of Sac and Philly 1sts, which could be a top 5 pick still as this year showed.

The only doomsday scenario is if both Philly and Sac end up with very high picks. I think the odds of that happening are pretty slim. If we are still in the bottom 5 two years from now then something has gone horribly wrong. Even if Embiid goes down I'd still expect a 3rd year Simmons and the rest of our scrubs to be able to scrap together 35-40 wins.

That said the odds of both Philly and Sac being terrible in '19 are >0%, so I can see why you'd prefer the safer approach. I just don't think Sac would go for it.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#39 » by City of Trees » Thu May 25, 2017 6:17 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
ntsap wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Doing it your way makes this less appealing. Having to wait two years for a lotto protected pick is uninspiring to say the least. Then with protections the pick could be delayed further. I'd pass on your suggestion however i totally get why that would be the deal you want the Sixers to make.

Return to Trades and Transactions