Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,276

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1501 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 am

Knicks shouldn't trade for Kevin Durant. He couldn't stop Embiid from getting 50 so how could he possibly help them in any way?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 816

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1502 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 am

Their record overstates their actual ability because they had to go full tilt to avoid the play in.

There's no reason to believe this team will be better next year. Durant, Nurkic, Royce O'Neale, and Beal are all trending down. O'Neale and Nurkic in particular are getting close to the role player cliff where they fall from "useful" to "unplayable" if they lose even one more step. Booker and Grayson Allen are the only other NBA players on the roster.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,617

Post#1503 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 am

But either way:
1) I don't see any scenario in which trading Durant makes them better.
2) I don't see a scenario where they want to get worse.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#1504 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:But either way:

If they could trade Durant for Smart and JJJ, that would absolutely make them better next year and in the following 2-3 years.
HartfordWhalers

Post#1505 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:

If they could trade Durant for Smart and JJJ, that would absolutely make them better next year and in the following 2-3 years.

Post it as a trade thread (with reasons for both) and see what people think ?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,965

Post#1506 » by jayu70 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:06 am

Read on Twitter
HartfordWhalers

Post#1507 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 am

I think maybe I’m swapping Lakers into my top 3 offseason of interest
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,639

Post#1508 » by NYG » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I think maybe I’m swapping Lakers into my top 3 offseason of interest

In theory, yes. They probably keep LeBron and AD then use their picks to add a new starter
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,372

Post#1509 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:

I don't think the Grizzlies put JJJ in the deal, but YMMV.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,075

Post#1510 » by Residual-Heat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 pm

I personally like what ive seen from him, but i havent seen him play much... How good is Vincent William Jr and can he make Marcus Smart expendable?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,212

Post#1511 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,212

Post#1512 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#1513 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 am

Yeah, the Suns are 1000% trading Durant unless they feel humiliated by getting 30% of the return of what they gave up for him.

They need to fix this roster, it's horrible. Beal's NTC and the second apron have them suffocated.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,592

Post#1514 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 am

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope this doesn't interfere with the league pass...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 744

Post#1515 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:07 pm

I'm very curious to see what Morey thinks about George and Harden's recent performances. With Harden's recent playoff performance aganist Mavs, it seems that he is much more effective player than George. However, even though Morey didn't give Harden a max contract, is he really considering offering a max contract to George now, who cannot perform as much as him?
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,488

Post#1516 » by brackdan70 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:

Would it though? I mean I see how it possibly could. But also I think Durant can impact the game much more than those two. Yeah he will be 36 next year so maybe.
Sign here
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#1517 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm

They need guys and they need guys who defend and don't have all of their value coming from isos.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,872

Post#1518 » by psman2 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:I personally like what ive seen from him, but i havent seen him play much... How good is Vincent William Jr and can he make Marcus Smart expendable?

I think as of right now Smart is penciled in to get 30+ minutes and is our 4th most important player. He will get all the backup PG minutes (and starts when Ja misses his 15+ games), he will also be the primary backup at SG and get a lot SF minutes too. He is very likely part of our closing lineup.

Vince likely is going to enter the year as our 7th man (or 7th most important rotation player). Now this could fluctuate some depending on what the offseason additions are, he very likely is going to be in the 20-24 minute range next season. He is best at SG but has the wingspan to play up to SF. He can handle the ball too so will see some PG minutes, especially when Ja is out. He even has a outside chance of starting at SF depending on how we want to balance the starting lineup and Smart's minutes. Now GG Jackson and his improvement is going to be in direct competition for minutes at SF too so this could break in a lot of different ways. I think to start the season we give Smart the start at SF out of respect but as the season progresses we might see Vince or GG Jackson take over for Smart as the starter but Smart overall minutes likely wouldn't decline much.

Minutes breakdown to start the season:
Ja(32)/ Smart (12) / Vince (4)
Bane (32) /Smart (8) / Vince (8)
Smart (10) / GG Jackson (20) /Vince (12)
JJJ (20) Clarke (20) Aldama (8)
(MLE/Trade/Rookie) (24)/ (MLE/Trade/Rookie/Clarke/Aldama) (15) / JJJ (9)

Now this is with us declining Kennard's option which I think we do as of right now if he is not traded first. If we bring Kennard back then all of Smart/Vince/GG/Aldama are likely give up enough minutes to get Kennard 20 minutes. Aldama's minutes could get squeezed out too if LaRavia outplays him, or GG Jackson goes off, or rookie/signing wins some minutes. The 4/5 minutes will could break in a lot of different ways after JJJ's 30 minutes and Clarke 20+.

So no I don't think next season we see Smart as disposable because of Vince. I think we would move Smart in the right type of win now trade for frontcourt help or a part of a star package.... but I think we likely can address out frontcourt needs without needing to move off of Smart.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,075

Post#1519 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm

psman2 wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:I personally like what ive seen from him, but i havent seen him play much... How good is Vincent William Jr and can he make Marcus Smart expendable?

I think as of right now Smart is penciled in to get 30+ minutes and is our 4th most important player. He will get all the backup PG minutes (and starts when Ja misses his 15+ games), he will also be the primary backup at SG and get a lot SF minutes too. He is very likely part of our closing lineup.

Vince likely is going to enter the year as our 7th man (or 7th most important rotation player). Now this could fluctuate some depending on what the offseason additions are, he very likely is going to be in the 20-24 minute range next season. He is best at SG but has the wingspan to play up to SF. He can handle the ball too so will see some PG minutes, especially when Ja is out. He even has a outside chance of starting at SF depending on how we want to balance the starting lineup and Smart's minutes. Now GG Jackson and his improvement is going to be in direct competition for minutes at SF too so this could break in a lot of different ways. I think to start the season we give Smart the start at SF out of respect but as the season progresses we might see Vince or GG Jackson take over for Smart as the starter but Smart overall minutes likely wouldn't decline much.

Minutes breakdown to start the season:
Ja(32)/ Smart (12) / Vince (4)
Bane (32) /Smart (8) / Vince (8)
Smart (10) / GG Jackson (20) /Vince (12)
JJJ (20) Clarke (20) Aldama (8)
(MLE/Trade/Rookie) (24)/ (MLE/Trade/Rookie/Clarke/Aldama) (15) / JJJ (9)

Now this is with us declining Kennard's option which I think we do as of right now if he is not traded first. If we bring Kennard back then all of Smart/Vince/GG/Aldama are likely give up enough minutes to get Kennard 20 minutes. Aldama's minutes could get squeezed out too if LaRavia outplays him, or GG Jackson goes off, or rookie/signing wins some minutes. The 4/5 minutes will could break in a lot of different ways after JJJ's 30 minutes and Clarke 20+.

So no I don't think next season we see Smart as disposable because of Vince. I think we would move Smart in the right type of win now trade for frontcourt help or a part of a star package.... but I think we likely can address out frontcourt needs without needing to move off of Smart.

This is what I was thinking. You are right though, they probably should use other assets if they can.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,639

Post#1520 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:18 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Knicks shouldn't trade for Kevin Durant. He couldn't stop Embiid from getting 50 so how could he possibly help them in any way?

My thing is... let's not even limit it to the trade market and just say the entire NBA. In the entire NBA which players can stop Embiid and Jokic?

Return to Trades and Transactions