Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,432

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1121 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:42 am

jayjaysee wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:are the post-trade Mavericks like good? Seems like they are. And everyone important is under contract for next year save Derrick Jones Jr. So Dallas tries to use the THJ contract and limited assets to replace him right? Would be nice if Prosper looked like he could take some minutes next year, but that doesn't appear likely.

Does DJJ really cost more than the taxMLE to keep though? I think he can be kept for that..

I think Dallas is really good and set Luka/Kyrie up to be stars and maybe go on a run. But I thjnk they’re underdogs against 4 teams in an series even with the recent success. But that’s a great improvement and exciting..

I have no idea what Jones will command. I'm assuming off a min deal he might be seeking the biggest deal possible(maybe TMLE is it). Or maybe he realizes this is a good fit playing on this team and takes a one year TMLE deal to get early Bird Rights?

Even with him back, I still think trying to turn THJ/assets into a better version of him should be a priority. Find a team that needs/wants to shed some long-term money maybe?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,375

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1122 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:26 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:are the post-trade Mavericks like good? Seems like they are. And everyone important is under contract for next year save Derrick Jones Jr. So Dallas tries to use the THJ contract and limited assets to replace him right? Would be nice if Prosper looked like he could take some minutes next year, but that doesn't appear likely.

Does DJJ really cost more than the taxMLE to keep though? I think he can be kept for that..

I think Dallas is really good and set Luka/Kyrie up to be stars and maybe go on a run. But I thjnk they’re underdogs against 4 teams in an series even with the recent success. But that’s a great improvement and exciting..

I have no idea what Jones will command. I'm assuming off a min deal he might be seeking the biggest deal possible(maybe TMLE is it). Or maybe he realizes this is a good fit playing on this team and takes a one year TMLE deal to get early Bird Rights?

Even with him back, I still think trying to turn THJ/assets into a better version of him should be a priority. Find a team that needs/wants to shed some long-term money maybe?

I can't imagine a team offering the full MLE, so I think Dallas can retain him.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Rand10
Starter
And1: 39

Post#1123 » by Rand10 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:55 pm

NYG wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Rand10 wrote:Pre-trade: 117.6 ORTG / 117.4 DRTG (+0.2) 52 games
Post-trade: 118.4 ORTG / 111.7 DRTG (+6.7) 21 games

+6.7 net would be 3rd in the league if they had sustained it all season. If there's an achilles heel (other than Luka's) it's 3pt shooting. They're finding other ways to win, but I wonder if that can continue in a playoff series.

I'd be looking to turn THJ plus a pick into a player like Cam Johnson who can replace his shooting without being a turnstile on defense. Or you could look to upgrade the DJJ/Exum/Green position with someone like Caruso.

Dude before I scrolled down from Texas Chuck’s post you quoted, this was exactly the trade I was gonna suggest.

What would Dallas need to add to THJ/Powell for Cam?

I'm not sure exactly how Brooklyn values Cam. I don't see him commanding a huge haul due to the contract though. I'd probably give a lightly protected 25 1st. You could add a smaller asset like the Toronto 25 2nd or Omax, but that might not be necessary.
colangelo wrote:Nowitzki walk in with Maytricks and says welcome to horse team and championship time.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,073

Post#1124 » by daoneandonly » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:49 pm

Rand10 wrote:
NYG wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Dude before I scrolled down from Texas Chuck’s post you quoted, this was exactly the trade I was gonna suggest.

I'm not sure exactly how Brooklyn values Cam. I don't see him commanding a huge haul due to the contract though. I'd probably give a lightly protected 25 1st. You could add a smaller asset like the Toronto 25 2nd or Omax, but that might not be necessary.

I don't think Cam is worth a first with his deal. If Thj/Green for CamJo and filler isn't enough, Dallas should walk away
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#1125 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:21 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Rand10 wrote:
NYG wrote:

I don't think Cam is worth a first with his deal. If Thj/Green for CamJo and filler isn't enough, Dallas should walk away

Green cannot be part of the deal, he’s a RFA.

Something like THJ/Hardy should get it done imho.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,001

Post#1126 » by Apz » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:05 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Rand10 wrote:I'm not sure exactly how Brooklyn values Cam. I don't see him commanding a huge haul due to the contract though. I'd probably give a lightly protected 25 1st. You could add a smaller asset like the Toronto 25 2nd or Omax, but that might not be necessary.

Green isnt RFA, he signed last summer which made him PPP this season
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#1127 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:34 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Rand10 wrote:
NYG wrote:

Green is a pretty bad contract. Not saying Cams is great, but I think Brooklyn is owed in that swap.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,425

Post#1128 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:40 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Rand10 wrote:I'm not sure exactly how Brooklyn values Cam. I don't see him commanding a huge haul due to the contract though. I'd probably give a lightly protected 25 1st. You could add a smaller asset like the Toronto 25 2nd or Omax, but that might not be necessary.

Green is a pretty bad contract. Not saying Cams is great, but I think Brooklyn is owed in that swap.

Hardy or Prosper with THJr not sure if the money works but that makes more sense to me.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#1129 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:23 pm

Apz wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Green isnt RFA, he signed last summer which made him PPP this season

Ooooh. My fault, should have checked Spotrac.

If I’m the Nets FO, I’m looking to get a playable expiring like THJ and a young kid with upside with at least a couple years of rookie scale and a smaller more manageable cap hold when he becomes a RFA.

Don’t think Nets FO would do a deal just to slice off 20-30% of Cam’s yearly number, while downgrading, especially without a reasonable 1st coming back.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,073

Post#1130 » by daoneandonly » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:13 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Mods, is there an And75??

I've been saying this before the ink dried and the guy has gotten worse. Yet there's still Mav fans who think he's good, worth it, or even playable
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#1131 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:47 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

I've been saying this before the ink dried and the guy has gotten worse. Yet there's still Mav fans who think he's good, worth it, or even playable

I mean, he's an alright backup. If he were making 5 to 7 million I think that'd be fine.

JColl
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,168

Post#1132 » by BeiBeau » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:22 am

babyjax13 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Green is a pretty bad contract. Not saying Cams is great, but I think Brooklyn is owed in that swap.

I mean, he's an alright backup. If he were making 5 to 7 million I think that'd be fine.

Say what you want about Green but he is better than Cedi Osman, Dean Wade, and Kira Lewis which is the level of NBA player that 5-7 million gets you. You’re living with a perception of salaries that is much closer to 2015.

You can’t listen to Daoneandonly about Green, he irrationally hates him. Just in that post alone he lied about him twice. Green is easily playable and is literally playing the same he did last season.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1133 » by BeiBeau » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:34 am

I am curious to see what Dallas can do with THJ’s expiring. What semi competitive team would like the 3pt shooting and cap flexibility that THJ could offer?

I do disagree that Dallas should be looking to upgrade that spot. I think Hardy, Green, Exum can fill in that role. Hardy had a rough night tonight but I think he is on his way to being better than THJ.

I’m looking for Dallas to upgrade the start 3 with a defensive stopper. If Dallas can do that plus keep DJJ with the TMLE then 2024-25 could look like,
Starters:
Luka - Kyrie - Starting SF - PJ - Gafford

Bench
Exum - Green - Hardy - DJJ? - Maxi - Lively

Depth
Powell - OMax. - Lawson
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,413

Post#1134 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:36 am

BeiBeau wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Say what you want about Green but he is better than Cedi Osman, Dean Wade, and Kira Lewis which is the level of NBA player that 5-7 million gets you. You’re living with a perception of salaries that is much closer to 2015.

I think MLE money is about 5th starter to 6th man. 7-8th man about 10M, 9-10th man is 6-7M (not counting ring chasing vets).

How over paid Green is depends on your perception of his role off the bench?
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,413

Post#1135 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:38 am

BeiBeau wrote:I am curious to see what Dallas can do with THJ’s expiring. What semi competitive team would like the 3pt shooting and cap flexibility that THJ could offer?

I do disagree that Dallas should be looking to upgrade that spot. I think Hardy, Green, Exum can fill in that role. Hardy had a rough night tonight but I think he is on his way to being better than THJ.

I’m looking for Dallas to upgrade the start 3 with a defensive stopper. If Dallas can do that plus keep DJJ with the TMLE then 2024-25 could look like,
Starters:
Luka - Kyrie - Starting SF - PJ - Gafford

Bench
Exum - Green - Hardy - DJJ? - Maxi - Lively

Depth
Powell - OMax. - Lawson

Brown for thj/omax
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1136 » by BeiBeau » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:56 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I mean, he's an alright backup. If he were making 5 to 7 million I think that'd be fine.

I think MLE money is about 5th starter to 6th man. 7-8th man about 10M, 9-10th man is 6-7M (not counting ring chasing vets).

He’s a 7-8th man. But if you listen to Daoneandonly he would have you believe he is the worst basketball player who has ever touched an NBA court. I think you might be slightly low on those numbers as the salary cap is ever increasing. But I can agree with the idea. So by that logic and accounting for the salary cap going up you would have green as over priced by about 1.5 - 2 million dollars per year. Which I can’t disagree with, but I just call that the cost of doing business in the NBA and keeping your young talent.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#1137 » by babyjax13 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:57 am

BeiBeau wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

You can’t listen to Daoneandonly about Green, he irrationally hates him. Just in that post alone he lied about him twice. Green is easily playable and is literally playing the same he did last season.

Kira Lewis isn't an NBA caliber player, Osman is overpaid, and I'm not convinced Green is appreciably better than Wade - imo they are similar caliber players with an edge toward Wade.

I liked him quite a bit before the extension, now he's overpaid.

JColl
Texas Chuck

Post#1138 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:03 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I mean, he's an alright backup. If he were making 5 to 7 million I think that'd be fine.

I think he's overpaid and the team should be open to moving him, but THJ being an expiring, a well-respected veteran, and a shooter with size, he's just more attractive as salary matching to most teams(maybe all? Or maybe there are a couple teams that like Green?)

But if you trade Tim, you need to keep Green. Hardy has shown nothing to suggest he's ready for a bigger role and while Exum has been solid in his minutes, his health is always going to be a huge concern so you have to cover for that. And if Jones leaves that's more minutes to cover.

I get he's not some great player, but he's been an on court positive his first 3 years and nearly neutral this year. He's not killing the team when he plays. Obviously you'd love to upgrade him and when he gets healthy it will be interesting to see if he can force his way back into the rotation in a meaningful way or if he just takes the 6-8 minutes Hardy has been getting in his absence. But I love that right now he and Tim have to prove they deserve that 9th playoff rotation spot instead of just being defaulted in because they have no options.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1139 » by BeiBeau » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:05 am

babyjax13 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Kira Lewis isn't an NBA caliber player, Osman is overpaid, and I'm not convinced Green is appreciably better than Wade - imo they are similar caliber players with an edge toward Wade.

I like Wade but you have a fundamentally poor understanding of who Green is as a player if you have an edge going to Wade.

I do agree has overpaid. But not by 8 million a year.
Texas Chuck

Post#1140 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:10 am

BeiBeau wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

I like Wade but you have a fundamentally poor understanding of who Green is as a player if you have an edge going to Wade.

I do agree has overpaid. But not by 8 million a year.

I'd say its more likely you simply aren't familiar with Wade if you think Josh Green is on some tier above Wade. And if you agree they are on the same tier, him giving Wade an edge shouldn't trouble you in any way.

Return to Trades and Transactions