Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1461 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:14 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
What two picks? That seems real high for what the 16th pick and a 2nd rounder?

That was via spotrac. I think it calculates 120 percent for 16, but I may need to refer to the realgm rookie scale page.

I see 4m and some change:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/philadelphia-76ers/cap/?callback=in&code=YJG2M2M3NJKTZTVMNS0ZZMZJLTG0YWETOWE2ODVKNTQZN2ZM&state=d7ac622c4c67439fa76acb0602f589f2

I have bo idea what I was looking at, then! That gets some breathing room, they can keep Reed and their picks.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,601

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1462 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:18 pm

So, the detail I haven't seen and really would love to:
Taylor supposedly is evil and prearranged to cancel the deal because he bought 2.96 from a limited partner Bill Sexton while waiting a year to sell 40%... including Bill Sexton's 2.96%. I'm real curious on the price paid.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,616

Post#1463 » by NYG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:So, the detail I haven't seen and really would love to:
Taylor supposedly is evil and prearranged to cancel the deal because he bought 2.96 from a limited partner Bill Sexton while waiting a year to sell 40%... including Bill Sexton's 2.96%. I'm real curious on the price paid.

Am I misunderstanding or can Lore/ARod still easily come out of this as the owners? If that is the case and I'm understanding correctly, what would be that timeline of playing out?
HartfordWhalers

Post#1464 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:07 am

NYG wrote:

Am I misunderstanding or can Lore/ARod still easily come out of this as the owners? If that is the case and I'm understanding correctly, what would be that timeline of playing out?

Depends who you believe. If you believe Lore/ARod they have it ironclad. If you believe Taylor, he has it all done as well.

I posted something along these lines elsewhere, but it will be very interesting to see how the supposed 40% last round would have split. We know it is as of now: 27% Lore, 9% ARod, and 37% Taylor, 28% other (18% of that other being Orbit iirc).

Dyal cannot be more than 20% (NBA rules), so some breakdown between Schmidt, Arod, Lore or other had to add up the remaining 20%.

And that would also enable Taylor to have a put option on the last 20%. Note this is not Lore/ARod choice if they stay at 80% or go to 100%, it would be entirely Taylor's. And Dyal would be capped already, so not available as the buyer of last resort for minority shareholders they have historically been. And there isn't a no thank clause, but rather a if you don't find the money immediately you pay 12% per year each year until you do. So there is a lot of extra finances that I would be requiring to see proof of to approve the team next stage happening, at least if I were the NBA.

I've seen iirc May 1st mediation, then somewhere like July the actual arbitration, which wouldn't be scheduled yet as the arbiters aren't picked but more a general idea. I personally think it will go to July at least, there really isn't a reason for Taylor to go to here and not keep going to July at least. I guess an arbitration that it is without a doubt Taylor will win could happen and then ARod/Lore decide to cut their losses, but I think staying in the headlines is probably worth it for Lore if not ARod as well.
NYG
RealGM

Post#1465 » by NYG » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:30 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
NYG wrote:

Depends who you believe. If you believe Lore/ARod they have it ironclad. If you believe Taylor, he has it all done as well.

I posted something along these lines elsewhere, but it will be very interesting to see how the supposed 40% last round would have split. We know it is as of now: 27% Lore, 9% ARod, and 37% Taylor, 28% other (18% of that other being Orbit iirc).

Dyal cannot be more than 20% (NBA rules), so some breakdown between Schmidt, Arod, Lore or other had to add up the remaining 20%.

And that would also enable Taylor to have a put option on the last 20%. Note this is not Lore/ARod choice if they stay at 80% or go to 100%, it would be entirely Taylor's. And Dyal would be capped already, so not available as the buyer of last resort for minority shareholders they have historically been. And there isn't a no thank clause, but rather a if you don't find the money immediately you pay 12% per year each year until you do. So there is a lot of extra finances that I would be requiring to see proof of to approve the team next stage happening, at least if I were the NBA.

I've seen iirc May 1st mediation, then somewhere like July the actual arbitration, which wouldn't be scheduled yet as the arbiters aren't picked but more a general idea. I personally think it will go to July at least, there really isn't a reason for Taylor to go to here and not keep going to July at least. I guess an arbitration that it is without a doubt Taylor will win could happen and then ARod/Lore decide to cut their losses, but I think staying in the headlines is probably worth it for Lore if not ARod as well.

If the ARod/Lore duo win and get outright below the tax. I see them dumping Jaden McDaniels salary outright. I don't see a team looking to make money trading a player as profitable as KAT or Gobert, but I could see them overlooking a useful role player to save money.
NYG
RealGM

Post#1466 » by NYG » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 am

Cason Wallace, Lu Dort and what picks = KD?
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 765

Post#1467 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 am

NYG wrote:Cason Wallace, Lu Dort and what picks = KD?

KD is a really awful fit for that team... KAT should be their #1 option, followed by Bridges or Markkanen.

This team doesn't need more iso scoring from guys who can't defend Jokic.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,041

Post#1468 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:

KD is a really awful fit for that team... KAT should be their #1 option, followed by Bridges or Markkanen.

I'd love OKC to call Minnesota about Towns.

"Sure, either Chet or Jdub".

Not really a plausible trade partner and likely needs a 3rd team, unless OKC wants to part with their young core, which they don't.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#1469 » by babyjax13 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 am

Colbinii wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

I'd love OKC to call Minnesota about Towns.

"Sure, either Chet or Jdub".

Not really a plausible trade partner and likely needs a 3rd team, unless OKC wants to part with their young core, which they don't.

What if OKC sent picks for a third "star" (e.g. Trae or Murray) that went back as part of the package to Minnesota?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,533

Post#1470 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:

Outside of specifically building a roster around the Denver playoff matchup, I think KD is a great fit with their core stars. And his two year contract expires with Chet/Jalen raise.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#1471 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:45 am

jayjaysee wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

Outside of specifically building a roster around the Denver playoff matchup, I think KD is a great fit with their core stars. And his two year contract expires with Chet/Jalen raise.

KD is worse than SGA at scoring and might be worse than Jalen Williams at scoring by next year and KD is pretty miserable as a complementary piece.

All these extremely hard contested jumpers KD is settling for at this age are really not helpful for winning.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#1472 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:08 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

KD is worse than SGA at scoring and might be worse than Jalen Williams at scoring by next year and KD is pretty miserable as a complementary piece.

All these extremely hard contested jumpers KD is settling for at this age are really not helpful for winning.

Maybe Rudy and McDaniels are as good at defense as everyone has been saying?

I know sometimes Realgm is championship or bust, but yeah. Minnesota is the higher seed for a reason. Phoenix having KD and Booker means it’s not a fun matchup for any team, but they are losing to a better seed/team..

If KD took Josh Giddey’s role.. You don’t think that would improve the team immensely? I think KD’s fit is actually perfect. Secondary rim protection. Can switch on defense out. Can spread defenses on offense. Can create for himself.. I think it checks all the boxes OKC fans want?

And his two year contract means Jalen/Chet get to develop as 3rd/4th options, by the time they are on their first deals - KD can walk or sign at a much lesser rate. OKC can still find a bench 7 footer for those that feel OKC needs that, whether with the room exem or by trade..

The history means I have it as very unlikely, but the on court/financials make for a beautiful pairing.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#1473 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:17 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

I know sometimes Realgm is championship or bust, but yeah. Minnesota is the higher seed for a reason. Phoenix having KD and Booker means it’s not a fun matchup for any team, but they are losing to a better seed/team..

If KD took Josh Giddey’s role.. You don’t think that would improve the team immensely? I think KD’s fit is actually perfect. Secondary rim protection. Can switch on defense out. Can spread defenses on offense. Can create for himself.. I think it checks all the boxes OKC fans want?

And his two year contract means Jalen/Chet get to develop as 3rd/4th options, by the time they are on their first deals - KD can walk or sign at a much lesser rate. OKC can still find a bench 7 footer for those that feel OKC needs that, whether with the room exem or by trade..

The history means I have it as very unlikely, but the on court/financials make for a beautiful pairing.

Ignore the postseason and look at his season as a whole and Durant has harshly declined this year, with more declines being even more likely. He can't get to the line anymore, and can't create separation anymore. His efficiency dropped a ton and his BPM went from +7 to +4. But despite his clear declines, Durant isn't taking more threes and his shot selection is as bad as ever, which are two very bad traits for a complementary player. He wasn't the clear cut best player on a team that was only a +3.1 SRS... And again, he's probably going to be a good bit worse next year. With Durant, they still have zero players who can defend Jokic or Embiid either.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#1474 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:52 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

Ignore the postseason and look at his season as a whole and Durant has harshly declined this year, with more declines being even more likely. He can't get to the line anymore, and can't create separation anymore. His efficiency dropped a ton and his BPM went from +7 to +4. But despite his clear declines, Durant isn't taking more threes and his shot selection is as bad as ever, which are two very bad traits for a complementary player. He wasn't the clear cut best player on a team that was only a +3.1 SRS... And again, he's probably going to be a good bit worse next year. With Durant, they still have zero players who can defend Jokic or Embiid either.

Yeah, I’d compare KD to Josh Giddey, not to a younger KD right? Of course KD is 36 years old, we all wish to watch 28 year old KD again.. OKC is likely trading to upgrade Josh Giddey’s role, not with the expectation of getting cupcake version of KD..

KD’s shooting numbers from this year (TS%, 2/3%) were all above his own career averages..
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,089

Post#1475 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 pm

I know I don't want any good players on my team if they cannot shut down the guys who have the last 3 MVP's (and this one too).

I mean we really need to stop with such reductive reasoning with every post. It's just I've decided I hate this player. I've decided this is the only need to fill. And because said player can't do the impossible, he's trash. Rinse/repeat.

Does he make the team better? Obviously. So if the price is right and it doesn't prevent a better addition, why wouldn't OKC consider a return of KD?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers

Post#1476 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 pm

So to review we have:
Prime KD > older KD > Giddey.

And it is in debate?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#1477 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:59 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:So to review we have:

And it is in debate?

But prime KD couldn’t guard Jokic, so shrug.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,126

Post#1478 » by tcheco » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:21 pm

Should OKC trade for DJM and Capela/OO?

Giddey + Dieng + picks?

DJM/Wallace
SGA/Joe
Dort/Wiggins
Williams/Chet/Kenrich
Chet/Capela or OO

Exchange Giddey for a better defender in DJM, add big bodie to help against jokic and other bigs to help Chet.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,041

Post#1479 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:So to review we have:

And it is in debate?

But prime KD couldn’t guard Jokic, so shrug.

Neither could Prime LeBron. If Prime LeBron were a Free Agent, Oklahoma City Thunder should pursue Andre Drummond instead.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
HartfordWhalers

Post#1480 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:07 pm

Top 3-5 teams of interest this summer?

-- I think Philly has to be one, their range of outcomes goes from adding a superstar to losing a superstar.
-- Minnesota because the ownership and tax situation, although that is less on the court. But we could have an outgoing owner making the team more expensive against the wishes of an incoming owner, which is just wild.
-- Atlanta because both the Trae Murray thing seems not working, and even more so, this is a team that hasn't sat on their hands and waited for stuff to fix itself. When they needed guard defense, they aggressively traded for Murray. When they needed less me first scorers they dumped Collins.

I think I stop there. Lauri in Utah will be interesting, and whether SAS gets the Toronto pick or tries to speed up around Wemby I guess. LAC with PG and Harden free agency would probably sneak into 4th for me. What else am I missing?

Milwaukee if things go squirrelly? Doc has that effect...

Return to Trades and Transactions