Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,065

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#981 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:53 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
NYG wrote:Bogdan Bogdanovic to the Rockets

Bruce Brown to the Hawks

Jae'Sean Tate, Jock Landale, Jeff Green and '24 Kings 1st via Hawks to the Raptors

I think he’s currently a raptor because he couldn’t return a first. I doubt that he can suddenly return a first now that he’s a pure expiring. Atlanta definitely shouldn’t be he team paying a first here. Feels more like Houston should be paying a first (to Atlanta?), and Toronto could negotiate the potential of a 2nd or two?

i think reports were knicks offered a 2024 1st but raptors said no and the knicks pivoted.

I thought it was any offering 2nds, but maybe. If NY offered any of those 3 1sts, Toronto should’ve taken it. Dallas will likely be (and at the deadline was projected to be) around 18-22. Detroit and Washington aren’t likely to convey this year, so no overload of 2024 1sts there. Add in that the Detroit one is almost surely to eventually convey, and I would imagine Washington should, too, but is a little less likely.

But also, with the way Bruce has been playing in Toronto, his on court value may be dropping a bit, too.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#982 » by K_chile22 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 pm

Yeah I'd be very surprised if Brown had FRP offers at the deadline and stunned if he gets one this off-season. Has kind of just looked like a bench player all year. Bench players making $20m aren't exactly a hot commodity.

Everyone (including me) wondering why Dillon Brooks got paid more last off-season were falling victim to jokic tricking us
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,302

Post#983 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
I think he’s currently a raptor because he couldn’t return a first. I doubt that he can suddenly return a first now that he’s a pure expiring. Atlanta definitely shouldn’t be he team paying a first here. Feels more like Houston should be paying a first (to Atlanta?), and Toronto could negotiate the potential of a 2nd or two?

i think reports were knicks offered a 2024 1st but raptors said no and the knicks pivoted.

I thought it was any offering 2nds, but maybe. If NY offered any of those 3 1sts, Toronto should’ve taken it. Dallas will likely be (and at the deadline was projected to be) around 18-22. Detroit and Washington aren’t likely to convey this year, so no overload of 2024 1sts there. Add in that the Detroit one is almost surely to eventually convey, and I would imagine Washington should, too, but is a little less likely.

But also, with the way Bruce has been playing in Toronto, his on court value may be dropping a bit, too.

Yea he def isnt worth a 1st anymore
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,445

Post#984 » by oldncreaky » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:55 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Yea he def isnt worth a 1st anymore

Agree that Brown is underplaying his contract -- looks like an MLE-level player to me. His team option for next year is $10M over the MLE, which makes him negative value

If Toronto's FO has the same assessment, then Brown will be released, and be a FA this summer. It would be good timing for him because the FA class isn't looking all that stacked.
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#985 » by NYG » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:52 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:.

Hey... would this deal work CBA wise?

Nets get:
Jalen Green
Jae'Sean Tate
Jeff Green

Rockets get:
Tyler Herro

Heat get:
Dorian Finney-Smith

Since the Nets are using a TPE to absorb some of the salary, but also receiving salary for DFS, isn't that two separate trades so the Rockets couldn't count all three as outgoing salary for Herro? Or it doesn't matter how the Nets get there, just as long as the Rockets are sending out matching salary?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,112

Post#986 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:59 pm

So what is PG13 signing for this summer? Because I’m starting to think that an OKC reunion isn’t out of the question.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#987 » by NYG » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:00 am

If the play-in involves KD, Booker, Luka, Kyrie, Steph, LeBron and AD, that could be crazy
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,501

Post#988 » by jayjaysee » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:29 am

NYG wrote:

Nets get:
Jalen Green
Jae'Sean Tate
Jeff Green

Rockets get:
Tyler Herro

Heat get:
Dorian Finney-Smith

Since the Nets are using a TPE to absorb some of the salary, but also receiving salary for DFS, isn't that two separate trades so the Rockets couldn't count all three as outgoing salary for Herro? Or it doesn't matter how the Nets get there, just as long as the Rockets are sending out matching salary?

Seems legal and pretty realistic.

Not sure how much Brooklyn would value Green with their 2025 cap space dreams and having Cam Thomas already?

I’m really low on Jalen, but some will think that’s too good/terrible for Brooklyn… I think Orlando with a 2025 first would be a better fit for Brooklyn’s plans..

A unrealistic twist (teams don’t pay value to tank..) would be seeing if Houston would trade the 2025 Brooklyn swap rights back to Brooklyn for Herro and “??” Maybe the Phoenix first?
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#989 » by K_chile22 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:39 am

jayjaysee wrote:
NYG wrote:

Nets get:
Jalen Green
Jae'Sean Tate
Jeff Green

Rockets get:
Tyler Herro

Heat get:
Dorian Finney-Smith

Seems legal and pretty realistic.

Not sure how much Brooklyn would value Green with their 2025 cap space dreams and having Cam Thomas already?

I’m really low on Jalen, but some will think that’s too good/terrible for Brooklyn… I think Orlando with a 2025 first would be a better fit for Brooklyn’s plans..

A unrealistic twist (teams don’t pay value to tank..) would be seeing if Houston would trade the 2025 Brooklyn swap rights back to Brooklyn for Herro and “??” Maybe the Phoenix first?
Those swap rights are worth considerably more than Herro imo. If it was today that's 8th (plus lotto odds) to 29th in what should be a strong draft. Would need to be a juicy +
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#990 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:46 am

NYG wrote:

Nets get:
Jalen Green
Jae'Sean Tate
Jeff Green

Rockets get:
Tyler Herro

Heat get:
Dorian Finney-Smith

Bingo. Remember, each team can “arrange” a trade however best suits their team in a trade call with the league. So, like you said, as far as Houston is concerned, they don’t care how Brooklyn takes back the players, so long as Houston can take back their received player.

In this case, Brooklyn would also hard cap themselves at the first apron by using a TPE.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#991 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:26 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:So what is PG13 signing for this summer? Because I’m starting to think that an OKC reunion isn’t out of the question.

Be surprised if he doesn't get a 3 year max. Game shouldn't fall off a cliff too much if any.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 731

Post#992 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:35 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:So what is PG13 signing for this summer? Because I’m starting to think that an OKC reunion isn’t out of the question.

Be surprised if he doesn't get a 3 year max. Game shouldn't fall off a cliff too much if any.

Ballmer isn't into a let go business. He's going to max out the talent as long as he's the owner. I'd think they will sign him for a 3 year max contract and trade him later in the season for better match because to much talent overlap between Kawhi&PG makes no synergy.

Harden-Kawhi-Possible Big for the new core.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#993 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:11 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:

Ballmer isn't into a let go business. He's going to max out the talent as long as he's the owner. I'd think they will sign him for a 3 year max contract and trade him later in the season for better match because to much talent overlap between Kawhi&PG makes no synergy.

PG13 unrestricted. He has some choice on where he ends up. He might be hesitate to sign with a team that he think is going to trade him.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#994 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=4P34sFh22Otrr6CybjJQ_g
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,894

Post#995 » by Colbinii » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:25 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=4P34sFh22Otrr6CybjJQ_g

You would think every investment team in the US who can afford 300 Million would jump on this. The A-Rod group was able to agree to buy a sports franchise with an evaluation significantly lower than it's actual value.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#996 » by jayjaysee » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:32 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:Be surprised if he doesn't get a 3 year max. Game shouldn't fall off a cliff too much if any.

PG13 unrestricted. He has some choice on where he ends up. He might be hesitate to sign with a team that he think is going to trade him.

It’s really interesting to me. He seemed to always want to end up in LA and they have no choice but to pay him considering their situation.

…if they had extended him, he’d have been trade eligible around the draft, so more flexibility for LAC if they did want to try to retool. But he didn’t get extended. Think he was eligible same as Leonard..

OKC can get right around PG’s max in cap space by trading Giddey, Dieng and the 2024 lottery pick. PG getting to age out on what would be the best team in the league in a city that loved him, org that treated him well and traded him where he wanted..
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,582

Post#997 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:18 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:

It’s really interesting to me. He seemed to always want to end up in LA and they have no choice but to pay him considering their situation.

…if they had extended him, he’d have been trade eligible around the draft, so more flexibility for LAC if they did want to try to retool. But he didn’t get extended. Think he was eligible same as Leonard..

OKC can get right around PG’s max in cap space by trading Giddey, Dieng and the 2024 lottery pick. PG getting to age out on what would be the best team in the league in a city that loved him, org that treated him well and traded him where he wanted..

Or there is always Philly, where he would be perfect between Embiid and Maxey and plenty of cap space to make it happen.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#998 » by jayjaysee » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:16 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Or there is always Philly, where he would be perfect between Embiid and Maxey and plenty of cap space to make it happen.

Yeah, those two options are what confuse me on why they didn’t get an extension done. I don’t see the benefit in waiting to get an extension done, unless you’re just seeing if PG makes it through the post season?

OKC has three young stars he’d be joining and depth behind them, joining a team that would be projected to win 60 games without him..

Philly wouldn’t have the depth, but they have the guy who wins MVP if he plays enough games and George fits beautifully with those two stars..

It’s not like PG has to go to a tanking team to get paid, but you have to know Detroit has the contract waiting for him, Utah as well..
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#999 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=jYPPXwUlm02fAaE9rSSACw
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,112

Post#1000 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:41 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=jYPPXwUlm02fAaE9rSSACw

How does private equity feel about paying luxury taxes?

Return to Trades and Transactions