Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,605

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1261 » by NYG » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:20 am

Would a cap space team give anything up to take on Jaden McDaniels outright?

This is under the hypothetical of operating below the tax.
NYG
RealGM

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1262 » by NYG » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:50 am

Rank the trade value of...

Bogdan Bogdanovic
Zach LaVine
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Tyler Herro
Anfernee Simons
Kevin Huerter
Collin Sexton
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,556

Post#1263 » by Devilanche » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:35 pm

NYG wrote:Would a cap space team give anything up to take on Jaden McDaniels outright?

OKC ? A future first ?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,507

Post#1264 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:56 pm

NYG wrote:Would a cap space team give anything up to take on Jaden McDaniels outright?

I think they would. And I think teams would pay a cap space team to take on their contract and pay Minnesota to get McDaniels..

I would break up the two bigs and bank on Naz before trading McDaniels and banking on NAW or the raw prospects they have.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,307

Post#1265 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:40 pm

jayjaysee wrote:

I think they would. And I think teams would pay a cap space team to take on their contract and pay Minnesota to get McDaniels..

I would break up the two bigs and bank on Naz before trading McDaniels and banking on NAW or the raw prospects they have.

ya when i saw that report my first thought was Towns is gone
NYG
RealGM

Post#1266 » by NYG » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:27 am

I don't really see any of the following players getting traded this off-season:

Trae Young - I could envision the Hawks doing a full rebuild, but Hawks fans are adamant it will not happen so I have to believe that means keeping Trae.

Dejounte Murray - If Trae is staying... in a recent interview he mentioned how badly he wants to win so I don't see the Hawks downgrading talent in a Murray deal and I don't see who they're getting that's such a better fit as a lateral move/upgrade.

Jaylen Brown - I don't care what happens in the playoffs. I think Boston is keeping this team together.

Mikal Bridges - His salary is so low it won't interfere with their 2025 cap plan and they're likely to use him to recruit free agents.

Karl-Anthony Towns - I can't think of a team that is trying to contend ever trading a player of KAT's caliber unless it was requested.

Brandon Ingram - The Pelicans would need to find a lateral move for a better fit, but who is that guy? I don't see them downgrading talent this off-season.

Lauri Markkanen - I see them extending him, not trading him. The only thing is that he definitely wants the MAX, but if Ainge has other ideas and negotiations go badly, I could see him pivoting and getting a king's ransom for Lauri in a dry market.
NYG
RealGM

Post#1267 » by NYG » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:36 am

NYG wrote:I don't really see any of the following players getting traded this off-season:

Trae Young - I could envision the Hawks doing a full rebuild, but Hawks fans are adamant it will not happen so I have to believe that means keeping Trae.

Dejounte Murray - If Trae is staying... in a recent interview he mentioned how badly he wants to win so I don't see the Hawks downgrading talent in a Murray deal and I don't see who they're getting that's such a better fit as a lateral move/upgrade.

Jaylen Brown - I don't care what happens in the playoffs. I think Boston is keeping this team together.

Mikal Bridges - His salary is so low it won't interfere with their 2025 cap plan and they're likely to use him to recruit free agents.

Karl-Anthony Towns - I can't think of a team that is trying to contend ever trading a player of KAT's caliber unless it was requested.

Brandon Ingram - The Pelicans would need to find a lateral move for a better fit, but who is that guy? I don't see them downgrading talent this off-season.

Lauri Markkanen - I see them extending him, not trading him. The only thing is that he definitely wants the MAX, but if Ainge has other ideas and negotiations go badly, I could see him pivoting and getting a king's ransom for Lauri in a dry market.

On the other hand... players that I could see a path to being traded...

Donovan Mitchell - I could see a world where he doesn't extend and makes it known he is going to explore free agency leading to an inevitable trade.

Joel Embiid - I have this one as very unlikely, but I could also see a path where he looks at how good of a soldier he's been through Philly's ups and downs combined with Philly striking out in free agency/trades for a 3rd star and asks out. Again, very unlikely, but if Philly just runs it back then maybe?

Kevin Durant - He doesn't care, he wants what he wants and if Phoenix gets eliminated Round 1 or earlier then I could see him wanting to go back East given the Suns limited ability to improve this off-season.

There really isn't any one else noteworthy besides KD or Mitchell (and mayyyyybe Embiid)
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,289

Post#1268 » by mademan » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:56 am

jayjaysee wrote:

Depends on what kind of FO they have. Jaden McDaniels doesnt really pop in the advanced stats department and he gets paid a lot for a guy who's impact isnt seen in the numbers.
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 552

Post#1269 » by aguiar95 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:44 am

NYG wrote:Rank the trade value of...

Bogdan Bogdanovic
Zach LaVine
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Tyler Herro
Anfernee Simons
Kevin Huerter
Collin Sexton

1) Herro
2) Lavine
3) Simons
4) Sexton
5) Huerter
6) Bogdanovic
7) Hardaway
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Post#1270 » by HornetJail » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:41 am

LaVine
Sexton
Anf
Herro
Bogdan
Huerter
THJ

The "neutral" line falls right below Herro
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1271 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:19 am

Bogdan Bogdanovic
Zach LaVine
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Tyler Herro
Anfernee Simons
Kevin Huerter
Collin Sexton

1. Bogdanovic
2. Sexton
3. Simons
4. Herro
5. THJ
6. Huerter
7. Lavine
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,301

Post#1272 » by babyjax13 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:27 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:

Bogdan Bogdanovic
Zach LaVine
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Tyler Herro
Anfernee Simons
Kevin Huerter
Collin Sexton

1. Bogdanovic
2. Sexton
3. Simons
4. Herro
5. THJ
6. Huerter
7. Lavine

I agree with this list.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,990

Post#1273 » by Richard4444 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:10 am

1) anf
2) sexton
3) herro
4) bog
5) lavine
6) huerter
7) tim
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1274 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:48 pm

Just find it hard to put Lavine anywhere but dead last, he’s a lock for one of the 5 worst contracts in the NBA.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,289

Post#1275 » by mademan » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:59 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Just find it hard to put Lavine anywhere but dead last, he’s a lock for one of the 5 worst contracts in the NBA.

Lavine should be last; dude makes 40mill/year (up to 50 in the last year) to not play and when he does, his impact is negligible. But im also 100% sure some terrible GM would pay positive value for him on name alone whereas guys like THJ or Huerter would return almost nothing
NYG
RealGM

Post#1276 » by NYG » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:41 am

Could Matisse Thybulle land a future 1st from a team absorbing him into the non-tax MLE?
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,045

Post#1277 » by daoneandonly » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:58 am

babyjax13 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

Bogdan Bogdanovic
Zach LaVine
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Tyler Herro
Anfernee Simons
Kevin Huerter
Collin Sexton

1. Bogdanovic
2. Sexton
3. Simons
4. Herro
5. THJ
6. Huerter
7. Lavine

I agree with this list.

Not sure if I have Bogdan first, but definitely think Lavine is last and THJ above Huerter. I'd even have THJ value wise ahead of Herro considering the 2 contracts
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,455

Post#1278 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:16 am

For a contender, Bogi is at the top of the list, he's the most impactful, and you know what you get, his contract is 2 years with 2nd year under control of the team and it's ~MLE sized so it's matched easily, Sexton is second, for a young team that's play in/barely PO or still building Bogi obviously isn't a good fit and moves towards the end of the lst.
I have Simmons above Herro, THJ is the best contract, but Simmons/Herro are the better players.
Huerter's value took a nosedive, Lavine is just an albatross, even though he's the best player in the bunch.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,307

Post#1279 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:19 am

I have it as:

Sexton or Simons
Bogdanovic
Herro
THJ or Huerter
Lavine
tester551
Analyst
And1: 817

Post#1280 » by tester551 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:37 am

NYG wrote:Could Matisse Thybulle land a future 1st from a team absorbing him into the non-tax MLE?

I dont think so. Maybe if Portland threw in another minor asset or two (ie - #40 pick or Duop Reath)

Return to Trades and Transactions