Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,343

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1481 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:14 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Top 3-5 teams of interest this summer?

-- I think Philly has to be one, their range of outcomes goes from adding a superstar to losing a superstar.
-- Minnesota because the ownership and tax situation, although that is less on the court. But we could have an outgoing owner making the team more expensive against the wishes of an incoming owner, which is just wild.
-- Atlanta because both the Trae Murray thing seems not working, and even more so, this is a team that hasn't sat on their hands and waited for stuff to fix itself. When they needed guard defense, they aggressively traded for Murray. When they needed less me first scorers they dumped Collins.

I think I stop there. Lauri in Utah will be interesting, and whether SAS gets the Toronto pick or tries to speed up around Wemby I guess. LAC with PG and Harden free agency would probably sneak into 4th for me. What else am I missing?

Milwaukee if things go squirrelly? Doc has that effect...

Phoenix may (or may not) blow up
GSW may (or may not) go all in for curry
Cleveland and Mitchell will be a storyline to follow
Chicago has to make a decision about lavine and DDR

I have all these more interesting than philly :P
Astaluego
Freshman
And1: 34

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1482 » by Astaluego » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:19 pm

I don't see KD returning to the Thunder...however they should go after Markkanen and Brook Lopez this offseason
Old Mike Lorenzo
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,546

Post#1483 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:32 pm

-- I think Philly has to be one, their range of outcomes goes from adding a superstar to losing a superstar.
-- Minnesota because the ownership and tax situation, although that is less on the court. But we could have an outgoing owner making the team more expensive against the wishes of an incoming owner, which is just wild.
-- Atlanta because both the Trae Murray thing seems not working, and even more so, this is a team that hasn't sat on their hands and waited for stuff to fix itself. When they needed guard defense, they aggressively traded for Murray. When they needed less me first scorers they dumped Collins.

I think I stop there. Lauri in Utah will be interesting, and whether SAS gets the Toronto pick or tries to speed up around Wemby I guess. LAC with PG and Harden free agency would probably sneak into 4th for me. What else am I missing?

I have to keep going back to Presti. Top 3 record, MVP level player, 2 young guys look like stars, a quality bench.. 30+ million cap space.. a lottery pick., a Giddey, that’s as good as most teams best prospect, who seems likely to be moved (by me, no sourcing)

Not much they can’t do..
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,605

Post#1484 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:42 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:

I have GS boring. Klay walks (to Orlando or Charlotte or such and such) and they run it back. Even if he stays, does it matter?
Mitchell stays (for now) and it is boring.
Chicago cannot find anything for LaVine and how exciting is a DDR free agent bonanza really?

I'm fine with Philly kicked out of top 3, but those don't seem to have much there in them. I mean if you told me Curry was on the move that is #1. Same with Phx. Don't see a blow up just expect boring =/
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#1485 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:48 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I have GS boring. Klay walks (to Orlando or Charlotte or such and such) and they run it back. Even if he stays, does it matter?
Chicago cannot find anything for LaVine and how exciting is a DDR free agent bonanza really?

I'm fine with Philly kicked out of top 3, but those don't seem to have much there in them. I mean if you told me Curry was on the move that is #1. Same with Phx. Don't see a blow up just expect boring =/

To me its clear as daylight what Morey is trying to do; there's no suspense its just a matter of do they get that 3rd star (ie george) or not. The aforementioned 4 teams has alot of decision making to make which makes it more interesting to me
HartfordWhalers

Post#1486 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:48 pm

jayjaysee wrote:

I have to keep going back to Presti. Top 3 record, MVP level player, 2 young guys look like stars, a quality bench.. 30+ million cap space.. a lottery pick., a Giddey, that’s as good as most teams best prospect, who seems likely to be moved (by me, no sourcing)

Not much they can’t do..

Maybe. Presti seems usually like a take it slow guy, but you are right, that has some real potential. How many Lauri to OKC threads have existed already, in some ways I guess I'm tired of the concept and thuis forgot it. Still, I'm game to look for a Brooklyn Bridge to OKC thread, or similar. I think that replaces Minnesota before moving out on Philly to me, but I do have some biases here. Still Philly has anything from adding Paul George to dumping Embiid (too early?)...
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,555

Post#1487 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 pm

Phoenix since Ishbia seems impatient and likes to make trades
HartfordWhalers

Post#1488 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:52 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

To me its clear as daylight what Morey is trying to do; there's no suspense its just a matter of do they get that 3rd star (ie george) or not. The aforementioned 4 teams has alot of decision making to make which makes it more interesting to me

I have the surprise if it works or not. And how well 'works' is. In theory the team could trade everything for Lauri, sign PG and have a:
Maxey
?
PG
Lauri
Embiid

or they could have:
Maxey
nobody
nobody
nobody
Embiid (who maybe at this point wants out)

The range of outcomes is just huge.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,184

Post#1489 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:20 am

Dr Positivity wrote:

What can they trade? They have no assets, but even more problemsome they have no matching salary and are a 2nd apron team. They can want to do stuff but their hands are going to be largely tied.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,555

Post#1490 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:35 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:

What can they trade? They have no assets, but even more problemsome they have no matching salary and are a 2nd apron team. They can want to do stuff but their hands are going to be largely tied.

That’s why they’re of interest cause they would have to make a splashy Booker or Durant trade
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 798

Post#1491 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:57 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:

They HAVE to trade Durant, he's just an abysmal fit with Booker and Beal and they need real players at PG and C and Durant is the only way they can get those guys.
HartfordWhalers

Post#1492 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:18 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:

They HAVE to trade Durant, he's just an abysmal fit with Booker and Beal and they need real players at PG and C and Durant is the only way they can get those guys.

I vote no.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,627

Post#1493 » by NYG » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:22 am

For different reasons, the teams I'm most interested in is a long list of the following...

Atlanta - Trae/Dejounte
Chicago - Break it up? What does that look like?
Detroit - How do they bounce back with their tons of cap space
Golden State - Do they get aggressive or just sit it out
LA Clippers - PG13 and Harden?
Miami - Do they just pay to run it back or do they try to reduce costs?
Milwaukee - They feel weird to me
Minnesota - Ownership/reducing costs
Orlando - Young core with cap space and assets... just how aggressive will they get?
Oklahoma City - Cap Space, Young Core, Tons of Picks
Philadelphia - Such a wide variance of outcomes
Phoenix - Are they doing nothing or do Booker/KD already want out?
Portland - How are they getting below the tax?
San Antonio - How are they building around Wemby?
Utah - What direction are they going in?
HartfordWhalers

Post#1494 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am

I mean I guess I'm interested in 29 teams. But I was focused more on trying to pin it to a smaller list in the 3-5 range
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#1495 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:I mean I guess I'm interested in 29 teams. But I was focused more on trying to pin it to a smaller list in the 3-5 range

Which one are you not interested in?
NYG
RealGM

Post#1496 » by NYG » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:I mean I guess I'm interested in 29 teams. But I was focused more on trying to pin it to a smaller list in the 3-5 range

haha fine... for me it's Atlanta, Chicago and Philadelphia
HartfordWhalers

Post#1497 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 am

Godaddycurse wrote:

Which one are you not interested in?

Whichever one I'm currently being told I don't watch and am biased against. So I guess all of them? :wink:
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 798

Post#1498 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I vote no.

Beal's contract+NTE just has them in hell, they have no options other than trading Durant or just rolling with a worse version of this year's team.

If Durant declines again next year, they could miss the playoffs while having the largest payroll in the NBA. There's massive downside potential and very little upside if they keep Durant.
NYG
RealGM

Post#1499 » by NYG » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 am

On the Phoenix note... what if Booker asks out if KD asks out or vice versa? Is the best Booker offer coming from the Spurs?

I'd imagine Booker to the Spurs and what that would return plus KD to the Thunder and what that would return could make the Suns replace the picks they lost and then some.
HartfordWhalers

Post#1500 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:48 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

I vote no.

Beal's contract+NTE just has them in hell, they have no options other than trading Durant or just rolling with a worse version of this year's team.

If Durant declines again next year, they could miss the playoffs while having the largest payroll in the NBA. There's massive downside potential and very little upside if they keep Durant.

Another 5 healthy Beal games and they could have been a top 4 seed this year, even with the first year integration of their core.

But either way:
1) I don't see any scenario in which trading Durant makes them better.
2) I don't see a scenario where they want to get worse.

Makes me rule out them picking to trade Durant and initiating it. Could Durant possibly demand a trade somewhere? Maybe, but that isn't what we are talking about, right?

Return to Trades and Transactions