Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,043

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1041 » by daoneandonly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:17 pm

I'd like to see Dallas fire KIdd and make a run at Coach Hurley from UCONN
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,300

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1042 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:43 pm

NYG wrote:There's a few teams where I'm not totally sure what their off-season plan is... could fans of these teams let me know.

Charlotte
Dallas
Houston
Indiana
Minnesota
Sacramento
Toronto

we will get back to you after the lottery? i assume if we keep our pick then we try to be competitive for next year. if we lose the pick this year then we tank for another year
Tripod
Head Coach
And1: 6,291

Post#1043 » by Tripod » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:21 pm

NYG wrote:There's a few teams where I'm not totally sure what their off-season plan is... could fans of these teams let me know.

Charlotte
Dallas
Houston
Indiana
Minnesota
Sacramento
Toronto

Raps will try and add more talent and try and get better from within. They only started "tanking" once Yak and Barnes got hurt.

They will hope to see growth from Barnes, IQ, RJ, Dick and Ochai to go along with the stable vets Yak and KO.

Trent Jr is a UFA, what happens with him us a complete guess, just like last summer
Brown, is his TO picked up? Traded beforehand to a team that doesn't pick it up to clear cap?
Boucher, seems to be on the outs

The big question is their pick. Do they keep it at 6? Do they move up? Do they drop out and lose the pick? Questions that can't be answered right now.

But they will be trying to be a playoff team regardless of what happens and the offseason will be treated as such.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#1044 » by K_chile22 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:30 pm

Devilanche wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:There is a contingent of Sengun honor guard out there who will attempt to shut down any reasonable discussion on him, and put him on a pedestal, so its pointless to engage on a dialogue with them on that.

However, based on what our relevant insiders have said, the organization does not view him as an untouchable piece, and has demonstrated that in some of their maneuvering. There is no reasonable reason that he could not be included in trade, specifically one that brings back a better piece. Now they certainly aren't shopping him for shopping's sake, as he is an outstanding player, but he could absolutely be moved in a consolidation type deal.

Interestingly, this is something we have seen with Sengun's closest contemporary, in Sabonis, a promising young player, who was traded not once, but twice, for a superior player.

The first time sabonis was traded he wasn’t really a player of any note though.

Plus Sengun is much further along the developmental curve than Sabonis was at 21, already a better defender by every single metric plus the eye and the Haliburton trade was supposed to be a step back to get younger until he blew up, not really comparable to the idea of trading for an upgrade.

If they're going to package a young guy for a win now guys it's not going to be the only one who's actually a consistent positive player who is ready to win now. Now ofc if some team offers you something stupid and unrealistic like Luka for him you do it, but if we're being real nothing is going to be offered worth unloading your 21 yo near all star for, which is why I said he's not getting traded, not because he's completely untouchable but because realistically he kinda is

A lot of Rockets fans are caught up on what they think a center is "supposed" to do and eager to dump their best offensive player for rim protector when they're already a top 5 defense and need offense
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#1045 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:11 pm

daoneandonly wrote:I'd like to see Dallas fire KIdd and make a run at Coach Hurley from UCONN

Kyrie going to approve him?
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,441

Post#1046 » by oldncreaky » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:32 pm

Tripod wrote:

Charlotte
Dallas
Houston
Indiana
Minnesota
Sacramento
Toronto

Raps will try and add more talent and try and get better from within. They only started "tanking" once Yak and Barnes got hurt.

They will hope to see growth from Barnes, IQ, RJ, Dick and Ochai to go along with the stable vets Yak and KO.

Trent Jr is a UFA, what happens with him us a complete guess, just like last summer
Brown, is his TO picked up? Traded beforehand to a team that doesn't pick it up to clear cap?

The big question is their pick. Do they keep it at 6? Do they move up? Do they drop out and lose the pick? Questions that can't be answered right now.

But they will be trying to be a playoff team regardless of what happens and the offseason will be treated as such.

Mostly agree -- although any push for the playoffs will be based on internal growth rather than a FA signing or trading for a star with picks and space/expirings. Also suspect Brown will not be picked up - he's worth a NTMLE, but not $23M

I don't know if Toronto will act as an "under the cap team" or "over the cap but non-taxpaying team". If they convey the FRP to SAS, decline Brown, and renounce Trent they''ll have about $30M in space. Probably depends on lottery luck as you say, and whether they want to retain either Trent or Brown.
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1047 » by daoneandonly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:03 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:I'd like to see Dallas fire KIdd and make a run at Coach Hurley from UCONN

Kyrie going to approve him?

Very fair question, but dont think Dallas should bend over to acquiesce to Kyrie. Hurley seems to be an incredible coach and can maybe do wonders with Luka and Lively.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#1048 » by NYG » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:24 pm

Tripod wrote:

Charlotte
Dallas
Houston
Indiana
Minnesota
Sacramento
Toronto

What does adding more talent look like for Toronto?
NYG
RealGM

Post#1049 » by NYG » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:26 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Charlotte
Dallas
Houston
Indiana
Minnesota
Sacramento
Toronto

DAL needs to figure out whether Green is the 3&D guard in the starting lineup, DJJ is better than him defensively, but DJJ problems is lack of spacing, and need an offensive guard off the bench after THJ regressed since January and Hardy isn't breaking out, but the biggest question is on the sidelines, Kidd was a foot and half out of the door in January, it took 73 points from Luka in ATL and a tight win in ORL despite Kidd making a late game mistake to fend off the axe, team pulled off a 7-0 run after that, then again the team went on 1-5 losing stretch that they responded from with 6-1 run.
If Mavs don't finish the season strong, he's getting replaced.

I think Kidd should be replaced regardless, he's just so bad at his job and always deflects blame on everyone else, that's not a leader. Dallas also needs to part ways with THJ and Green, and somehow get a starting caliber SF

THJ + ?? = Cam Johnson
Tripod
Head Coach

Post#1050 » by Tripod » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:55 pm

NYG wrote:
Tripod wrote:

Charlotte
Dallas
Houston
Indiana
Minnesota
Sacramento
Toronto

Well they possibly have a top 6 pick as well as Indy's pick(15-20), and Detroits 2nd.

They could use Brown, Bouchers cap hits + picks for an upgrade.

They have options...but really they added lots of new guys and they need time playing together. So that's why I say improvement from within.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#1051 » by pacers33granger » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:02 am

Charlotte
Dallas
Houston
Indiana
Minnesota
Sacramento
Toronto
For Indy it's resign Siakam and hope for a jump through internal improvement and the team having a full offseason together.

For the other free agents:
- Maybe bring back Doug if he's cheap.
- Bring back one of Smith (top preference) or Toppin but unlikely both. Likely Smith gets an offer too rich elsewhere, Washington maybe.

Then shop Jackson if Smith resigns as he's in the last year of his deal. Probably sign a vet center who can play a bit when we have injuries, someone like Biyombo but hopefully a bit better.

Really it should be a pretty basic offsesson. I'm sure we'd like to get a cheap playable vet wing defender for the bench too but so would a lot of teams. I'm sure we'll sell one of the late 2nds we have or two but may take an upside swing on someone. Doubt we try to get back into the first.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
NYG
RealGM

Post#1052 » by NYG » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:26 am

Tripod wrote:
NYG wrote:
Tripod wrote:Raps will try and add more talent and try and get better from within. They only started "tanking" once Yak and Barnes got hurt.

Well they possibly have a top 6 pick as well as Indy's pick(15-20), and Detroits 2nd.

They have options...but really they added lots of new guys and they need time playing together. So that's why I say improvement from within.

What is Toronto's biggest needs?
NYG
RealGM

Post#1053 » by NYG » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:28 am

Lots of great responses here guys... awesome!

Any Kings fans that can chime in?
Tripod
Head Coach

Post#1054 » by Tripod » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:26 am

NYG wrote:
Tripod wrote:
NYG wrote:

Besides a scoring star? :lol:

Honestly, a cheaper, younger version of OG would fit IQ, RJ, Barnes and Yak perfectly.

They went for having lots of 6'8-6'9 guys, to very little. Adding an athletic backup C who can make a 3 sure would be nice and fit a need.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1055 » by daoneandonly » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:32 am

NYG wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
DAL needs to figure out whether Green is the 3&D guard in the starting lineup, DJJ is better than him defensively, but DJJ problems is lack of spacing, and need an offensive guard off the bench after THJ regressed since January and Hardy isn't breaking out, but the biggest question is on the sidelines, Kidd was a foot and half out of the door in January, it took 73 points from Luka in ATL and a tight win in ORL despite Kidd making a late game mistake to fend off the axe, team pulled off a 7-0 run after that, then again the team went on 1-5 losing stretch that they responded from with 6-1 run.
If Mavs don't finish the season strong, he's getting replaced.

I think Kidd should be replaced regardless, he's just so bad at his job and always deflects blame on everyone else, that's not a leader. Dallas also needs to part ways with THJ and Green, and somehow get a starting caliber SF

THJ + ?? = Cam Johnson

I would add Green in a second, but thinking BKN passes
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,441

Post#1056 » by oldncreaky » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 pm

Tripod wrote:
NYG wrote:
Tripod wrote:Well they possibly have a top 6 pick as well as Indy's pick(15-20), and Detroits 2nd.

Besides a scoring star? :lol:

Honestly, a cheaper, younger version of OG would fit IQ, RJ, Barnes and Yak perfectly.

They went for having lots of 6'8-6'9 guys, to very little. Adding an athletic backup C who can make a 3 sure would be nice and fit a need.

Agree. With Yak, Scottie and Boucher injured, they're playing tiny line ups and getting killed inside

They also still need a legit backup PG :(
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,499

Post#1057 » by jayjaysee » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:38 pm

How many future firsts are needed to turn Collins into Randle? I know the default answers are NY would only trade Randle to upgrade him and Utah would aim higher than Randle. Just checking in.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,278

Post#1058 » by mademan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

jayjaysee wrote:How many [b]future[/] firsts are needed to turn Collins into Randle? I know the default answers are NY would only trade Randle to upgrade him and Utah would aim higher than Randle. Just checking in.

Far more than the Jazz would be willing to offer. Im not even sure where Randle fits for the Jazz either on the court or timeline wise
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,499

Post#1059 » by jayjaysee » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:52 pm

mademan wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:How many future* firsts are needed to turn Collins into Randle? I know the default answers are NY would only trade Randle to upgrade him and Utah would aim higher than Randle. Just checking in.

Far more than the Jazz would be willing to offer. Im not even sure where Randle fits for the Jazz either on the court or timeline wise

If you’re building around, or holding onto Lauri, then your window is now. Randle is only 2.5 years older than Lauri. I think you could play them together plenty of minutes. Whether they are your two bigs, or you have Kessler on the court with them. Seems to work from an outsiders point of view.

Utah could add say Murray and Randle without losing all of the 2027 firsts, any of the 2029 firsts, Kessler, Hendricks, George, or Sexton. That sets up a win now team with the flexibility of trading for a superstar if one comes available.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#1060 » by babyjax13 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:58 pm

jayjaysee wrote:How many future firsts are needed to turn Collins into Randle? I know the default answers are NY would only trade Randle to upgrade him and Utah would aim higher than Randle. Just checking in.

So, I don't think Utah would be interested in Randle for any reason unless New York capitulated a ton of value. My answer to this is probably 3 abstract lightly protected 1sts - but it isn't going to be the Jazz offering them (so this would need to be a 3-team deal where Collins goes to NYK, Randle goes to team X, and team X sends picks to NYK with Collins).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions