Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,850

Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:43 pm

Let's start with I hope all this Kuzma to Dallas talk is nothing. But since Dallas always trades with Washington, let's get a Gafford.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:45 pm

i am only here for the Eddie "Mexicat" Najera
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,044

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:47 pm

Najera was a treat and brings back fond memories
Gafford is solid and knows his role
Kuzma sucks every kind of suck
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,751

Post#4 » by SkyHook » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:48 pm

Dropping this here since I posted it right before the previous general thread was locked.

From the Hardwood Knocks podcast w/ Smitty…

"(OKC should get) a 4/5 that can play w Chet & back him up. John Collins is shooting the ball well again, playing the 5 almost exclusively for Utah. You can go get Collins for relatively easy; Bertans & a pick or 2 to Danny Ainge. Whether as a starter or high minutes backup.”

That would certainly surprise me based on discussions on this board.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,501

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:52 pm

SkyHook wrote:That would certainly surprise me based on discussions on this board.

Based off what Utah paid to get him, he’s still the same guy they traded for.. this isn’t Lauri breakout
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,501

Post#6 » by jayjaysee » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:56 pm

I’m less upset about trading for Kuz than other Dallas fans. Until I think of what Washington would get, considering what Dallas has to offer... And then I feel like other Dallas fans.
Texas Chuck

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:58 pm

I mean I haven't listened to the pod, but sure just sounds like Smitty spitballing, not reporting. So I don't think you need to worry about a big shock. OKC should be either aiming higher or aiming cheaper. A fairly mediocre highly compensated big who has issues in the past with reduced roles isn't who a very good young team with tons of assets should be settling for.

If Collins moves its to a talent and asset poor team. Which I realize sounds exactly like my Mavs, but I'd rather have Kuzma that's how little I want Collins. We had him, only a better fitting version in Wood. It was not an experience to repeat.

But there are other teams who might feel desperate enough to liberate Utah from the deal? But not giving them 2 firsts to do so lol.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#8 » by bkohler » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:58 pm

SkyHook wrote:Dropping this here since I posted it right before the previous general thread was locked.

"(OKC should get) a 4/5 that can play w Chet & back him up. John Collins is shooting the ball well again, playing the 5 almost exclusively for Utah. You can go get Collins for relatively easy; Bertans & a pick or 2 to Danny Ainge. Whether as a starter or high minutes backup.”

2 Top 55 protected seconds should do the trick.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,439

Post#9 » by Mavrelous » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:01 pm

Collins is the antithesis of a Presti move, if Prestinis calling Ainge, it's about other forward.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,751

Post#10 » by SkyHook » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:09 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I mean I haven't listened to the pod, but sure just sounds like Smitty spitballing, not reporting. So I don't think you need to worry about a big shock. OKC should be either aiming higher or aiming cheaper. A fairly mediocre highly compensated big who has issues in the past with reduced roles isn't who a very good young team with tons of assets should be settling for.

If Collins moves its to a talent and asset poor team. Which I realize sounds exactly like my Mavs, but I'd rather have Kuzma that's how little I want Collins. We had him, only a better fitting version in Wood. It was not an experience to repeat.

But there are other teams who might feel desperate enough to liberate Utah from the deal? But not giving them 2 firsts to do so lol.

Definitely in spitballing mode.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,581

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:17 pm

Just here to represent nba champion nba Danny Green.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#12 » by Diop » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:19 pm

Najera >>>>>>>> Collins
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#13 » by Devilanche » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:19 pm

SkyHook wrote:Dropping this here since I posted it right before the previous general thread was locked.

Dropping this twice doesn’t mean he worth 2 picks.

But in all honesty, if someone still believe, he’s a cheap upgrade. Where is that someone though.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Texas Chuck

Post#14 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:46 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Just here to represent nba champion nba Danny Green.

When he has this, we can talk.

Clav
Starter
And1: 1,662

Post#15 » by Clav » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:54 pm

Najera went to OU! My alma mater. Though I was there after he played. I'm here for Najera too. :lol:
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#16 » by gswhoops » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:59 pm

Najera was one of my all time favorite Warriors benchwarmers; glad to see he's not forgotten lol.
Texas Chuck

Post#17 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:00 pm

so pleased by all the Najera love.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#18 » by gswhoops » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:03 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:so pleased by all the Najera love.

My dad used to break out into fake laughter every time Na-ja-ja-ja-ja-era touched the ball. Quality multilingual dad humor.
OxAndFox
Veteran
And1: 2,142

Post#19 » by OxAndFox » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:43 pm

What are people's thoughts on the deadline ATM?
There are reports that it's really quiet. Is it quiet or is it just the calm before the storm?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,112

Post#20 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Absolutely love this move for Houston. Pretty envious atm.

Return to Trades and Transactions