What Now? 2024 Off-Season Predictions

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,498

Re: What Now? 2024 Off-Season Predictions 

Post#141 » by Wolveswin » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:51 pm

NYG wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
NYG wrote:
Who do you think asks out post-playoffs?

This depends a ton on the playoff results, lol.

KAT is the most likely star to be traded if the Wolves lose in the first or second round (the financial situation is really bad for the Wolves). Durant is probably the most likely to demand a trade if the Suns lose in the first round. Donovan Mitchell will probably get traded if the Cavs lose in the first-round. If Mitchell extends, Darius Garland could be traded if the Cavs' lack of size gets exploited. If the Cavs' lack of shooting gets exploited, Evan Mobley is definitely gone. Giannis could demand a trade if the Bucks lose again in the first-round, but probably not likely. Luka could demand a trade if the Mavs lose in the first-round or miss the playoffs again, but maybe not likely. Unclear how well the Clippers have to do to re-sign Paul George to a max. Trae Young probably should be traded, but it's not clear what the Hawks will do. Mikal Bridges will probably be traded if the Rockets are willing to give back the picks and the Nets strike out on stars, but this scenario seems unlikely.

KAT to Brooklyn and they let Claxton get paid elsewhere?

Mitchell to the Lakers

I think ultimately Phoenix gets creative around KD but don't know what that even looks like so maybe he asks out.

KAT to Nets makes too much sense. Nets don’t have pieces Wolves want, but assets for the job. Meaning, 3rd team would be needed.

Then S&T Claxton, assuming Nets don’t want Claxton at C and Towns at PF - has worked amazingly in MN.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#142 » by NYG » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:13 am

I could see no stars get traded this off-season. Typically there's an obvious one, but at this moment there isn't.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,557

Post#143 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:22 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Grizz desperately need a center so I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade their pick for a center. Maybe like the #7 pick for Walker Kessler and a mid to late first?

Deal
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#144 » by K_chile22 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:59 pm

Think Jalen Green is gone. Probably not for much. Both sides need a change at this point. What's the Delta in value to go from him to Sexton?
NYG
RealGM

Post#145 » by NYG » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:47 am

If LaVine and Dejounte Murray are the best players dealt this off-season... where do they end up?

What do Dallas, Golden State, the Lakers, Miami and Philadelphia do as a result?
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#146 » by K_chile22 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:30 am

NYG wrote:If LaVine and Dejounte Murray are the best players dealt this off-season... where do they end up?

What do Dallas, Golden State, the Lakers, Miami and Philadelphia do as a result?
Was trying to think up something along the lines of 8 for Dejounte and Houston sending FVV to either of Orlando or SAS since I think Dejounte needs to go back to PG then Houston tries to find a starter that can shoot it at SG.

Fred is doing what he was signed to do but they thought they'd get a lot more out of his backcourt-mate and they need a bit more of a scorer there since they're not getting that
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#147 » by tmorgan » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:05 am

I loved everything about Jalen Green except his attitude, but this seems to be a reminder that extremely few players enter the league ready to be good, and attitude is one of the primary components to developing well (along with injury prone-ness, basketball IQ, work ethic, and obviously talent).

Maybe if Green gets humbled and dealt, he’ll actually get better.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#148 » by SFrush » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:35 am

NYG wrote:If LaVine and Dejounte Murray are the best players dealt this off-season... where do they end up?

I can't imagine Lavine will have much value in the summer.
NYG
RealGM

Post#149 » by NYG » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:44 am

Which teams will have new coaches next season?

Nets
Hornets
Cavaliers if bad in playoffs
Mavericks if Luka wants it
Pistons
Lakers
Trail Blazers
Kings if they miss the playoffs
Wizards
NYG
RealGM

Post#150 » by NYG » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:45 am

NYG wrote:Which teams will have new coaches next season?

Nets
Hornets
Pistons
Lakers
Trail Blazers
Wizards

Who are the best candidates to replace them?
letsgobulls23
Pro Prospect
And1: 510

Post#151 » by letsgobulls23 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:44 pm

SFrush wrote:

I can't imagine Lavine will have much value in the summer.

The Bulls would probably have to attach assets to him just get off his contract. He's got zero value right now.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#152 » by penbeast0 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:01 pm

Nets
Hornets
Pistons
Lakers
Trail Blazers
Wizards

Not sure if the Wiz keep Bryan Keefe as head coach. They aren't committed to it but he's worked with our front office before and has been more impressive than Wes Unseld Jr. so far in his tenure (not that that's a terribly high bar).
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#153 » by babyjax13 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:06 pm

Nets
Hornets
Pistons
Lakers
Trail Blazers
Wizards

I think Milwaukee should fire Doc & probably will. They've shown a willingness to axe guys when it isn't working. I could see Snyder on the hot seat, though I would not think he deserves it.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions