I am Utah, and want to make deals

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

meat tray
Junior
And1: 10

Re: I am Utah, and want to make deals 

Post#41 » by meat tray » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:56 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:I didn’t know you were a Wizard who could see the future but you are forgetting Minny in 27 and their swaps. We also have young players who are rookies or on value contracts. Are you an angry OKC fan that didn’t get Lauri?

A lot of people tell me I am lucky every year when I evaluate where specific teams will finish. Utah trading for a second star player will yield the same waste of time until they accept they need to bottom out and rebuild that OKC wasted by trading for PG13. Are you under the false impression that Minny is going to drop off and not continue to have picks that are in the mid to late 20s? Unless you believe Minny is going to somehow implode into a lottery team there is no reason to mention them. Just like OKCs pick swaps with LAC are not worth mentioning in their assets, because while the LAC pick might be lower than OKC's own it is still going to be 20+ and picks in the 20+ range have very limited value.

5 years is a lifetime in the NBA. Min will be a second apron team next year. KAT, Rudy and Conley will be 33/36/41 and Ant will be a UFA by the time that last pick conveys. It's not unreasonable at all to see a scenario where they implode or at least have a down year at some point over that timeframe.
Hoppy1
Rookie
And1: 294

Post#42 » by Hoppy1 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:50 pm

shrink wrote:
Hoppy1 wrote:I am willing to trade players and any picks. Players off limits are:
Markkanen, Hendricks, Kessler, and George

What can you do to get me out of the churning and into the playoffs next year?

Hello Utah. My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!’

To me, the issue with Utah is that they don’t have a legitimate “#1 guy on a playoff team” to build around. Markannen would be a great #2, but I think those three players (and maybe all four) shouldn’t be off limits, if they and the picks can get Danny Ainge a star to build around. Without that, they look to me like a team that, even if they make the playoffs, is a quick out on Round One.

Agreed but you have to start with some sort of foundation.
If an offer blows Ainge away, take it. But it is best to start with some pieces and continue to improve.

For instance, if San Antonio or OKC were to offer multiple picks and young player or 2 for Markkanen, both sides should jump at it.
Imagine OKC with Holmgren, SGA and Markkanen. Assume the cost was Wallace/Dort and 2 picks from 24 and 2 from 25.

Or SA sent Johnson and similar picks. I think Ainge would have to consider it.
When you look for the bad in something, expecting to find it, you certainly will.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#43 » by Hoops Addict » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:04 pm

Hoppy1 wrote:
mg wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Expiring and Denver first would be my ask.

I think Ainge would want more than a late FRP for him. If that's the case Orlando should be all over that although they would likely want to dump Cole Anthony.

What if the counter was Isaacs - 1 for 1?

I also like Sexton to OKC for Giddey/Dieng. Gives OKC another ball handler and scorer.
Gives Utah size and cost reduction.

I like Iassacs!

Sexton for Giddy......Jazz say yes.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#44 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:53 pm

Trade1.

T.Hendricks +K.George +2 future FRP (unpro) for Lamelo

Trade2 ..
Kessler+FRP for H.Jones

sign a center..if Claxton is out..Hartestein or J.Smith

Ball/Sexton/H.Jones/Lauri/Collins..
1+1=11
Hugi Mancura
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#45 » by Hugi Mancura » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:34 am

Utah should trade Markkanen.

Does Markkanen want to extend with Utah? He has looked disinterested in last games. I don't think he likes Utah's FO anymore after the stunt they did on trade deadline. By not signing extension Markkanen keeps the control of his future on his hands, so he might just say no on the summer and then Utah pretty much have to trade him or they might lose him for nothing.

Also Utah is not going to reach playoffs in the near future. Why would they keep player on his prime all those years and not get those multiple picks. It wouldn't make any sense. I don't think Ainge believes he can make trades that would make Utah much better so it would probably be smarter try to get Flagg on the next draft and to make that happen it means losing as much as possible and getting as many 1:st round picks as possible.
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#46 » by MKWB » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:50 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:Trade1.

T.Hendricks +K.George +2 future FRP (unpro) for Lamelo

Trade2 ..
Kessler+FRP for H.Jones

sign a center..if Claxton is out..Hartestein or J.Smith

Ball/Sexton/H.Jones/Lauri/Collins..

H.Jones not available, Daniels could be for Kessler.
MKWB
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by MKWB » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:02 am

Hugi Mancura wrote:Utah should trade Markkanen.

Does Markkanen want to extend with Utah? He has looked disinterested in last games. I don't think he likes Utah's FO anymore after the stunt they did on trade deadline. By not signing extension Markkanen keeps the control of his future on his hands, so he might just say no on the summer and then Utah pretty much have to trade him or they might lose him for nothing.

Also Utah is not going to reach playoffs in the near future. Why would they keep player on his prime all those years and not get those multiple picks. It wouldn't make any sense. I don't think Ainge believes he can make trades that would make Utah much better so it would probably be smarter try to get Flagg on the next draft and to make that happen it means losing as much as possible and getting as many 1:st round picks as possible.

Yea, soon to be 27, does Lauri want to be at the center of a long rebuild after Ainge punted 2 seasons in a row of his prime? I guess if the extend and max gets him the super money sooner, then that could be enough to get him to be okay with it.

Still would be such a fun addition for Pelicans. Dyson, Hawkins and the multiple pick package-- a nice reset and tank package for Ainge. Pels can send out CJ to a cap space team (Magic? Pistons? 76ers? Nets for expirings?) or can wait til 2025 offseason to trade/clear his salary. Have plans to extend or re-sign some or all of Ingram, Murphy and Lauri this offseason or next. Re-sign Jonas as big-bodied C option from the bench, or another C option (Drummond, Goga, etc.) if JV doesn't want a bench role or wants to much $. Sign cheap depth along the way.

Lauri/ JV
Zion/ Naji
Ingram/ Ryan
Murphy/
Herb / Jose
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#48 » by AingesBurner » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:43 pm

MKWB wrote:
Hugi Mancura wrote:Utah should trade Markkanen.

Yea, soon to be 27, does Lauri want to be at the center of a long rebuild after Ainge punted 2 seasons in a row of his prime? I guess if the extend and max gets him the super money sooner, then that could be enough to get him to be okay with it.

Still would be such a fun addition for Pelicans. Dyson, Hawkins and the multiple pick package-- a nice reset and tank package for Ainge. Pels can send out CJ to a cap space team (Magic? Pistons? 76ers? Nets for expirings?) or can wait til 2025 offseason to trade/clear his salary. Have plans to extend or re-sign some or all of Ingram, Murphy and Lauri this offseason or next. Re-sign Jonas as big-bodied C option from the bench, or another C option (Drummond, Goga, etc.) if JV doesn't want a bench role or wants to much $. Sign cheap depth along the way.

Lauri/ JV
Zion/ Naji
Ingram/ Ryan
Murphy/
Herb / Jose

Utah would want a Godfather and this is not that.
MKWB
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by MKWB » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:11 pm

AingesBurner wrote:

Marlon Brando or Al Pacino? Multiple picks and swaps and 2 promising young lottery picked prospects. Seems solid. This was responding to a poster who said Jazz should trade Markkanen. I don't see a team really making a 'Godfather offer' that's extremely lopsided. So I suppose you envision him staying with the Jazz long term, which is always the most likely scenario.

What kind of "Godfather offers" could you realistically see a team making for Markkanen?
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,498

Post#50 » by Wolveswin » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:23 pm

MKWB wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

Marlon Brando or Al Pacino? Multiple picks and swaps and 2 promising young lottery picked prospects. Seems solid. This was responding to a poster who said Jazz should trade Markkanen. I don't see a team really making a 'Godfather offer' that's extremely lopsided. So I suppose you envision him staying with the Jazz long term, which is always the most likely scenario.

What kind of "Godfather offers" could you realistically see a team making for Markkanen?

If Markkanen gets traded, it will be after his ‘renegotiate and extend’ this offseason contract work. Not sure how long Jazz need to wait to trade after such extension. Otherwise…

As expiring contract, or with very few teams having ability to ‘renegotiate and extend’ themselves, the godfather offer just isn’t coming in for Ainge.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,032

Post#51 » by mg » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:35 pm

Hoops Addict wrote:
Hoppy1 wrote:
mg wrote:
I think Ainge would want more than a late FRP for him. If that's the case Orlando should be all over that although they would likely want to dump Cole Anthony.

What if the counter was Isaacs - 1 for 1?

I also like Sexton to OKC for Giddey/Dieng. Gives OKC another ball handler and scorer.

I like Iassacs!

I don't know if Giddey is an Ainge type player at all not to mention all the off court social media and weirdness this season. Utah wants to run a 5 out system and Giddey isn't really a fit for that either. I do think Ainge really likes Sexton but would deal him for the right player/prospect/pick at this point of their rebuild.

I also think Kessler could also be had for the right price but he wouldn't be cheap. Again they seem to want a 5 who can shoot. Could Hendricks fill out and fill that type role? He seemed to actually hold his own against Wemby this week. Kessler's prototype would be very valuable to alot of teams.

Obviously outside of Lauri and their warchest of picks/prospects, Kessler and Sexton are probably the only 2 players on the roster with any trade value. I don't see Clarkson or Collins bringing back anything of value. Ainge already got what value he could from Fontecchio/Olynyk/Agbaji at the trade deadline.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,032

Post#52 » by mg » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:42 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
MKWB wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

If Markkanen gets traded, it will be after his ‘renegotiate and extend’ this offseason contract work. Not sure how long Jazz need to wait to trade after such extension. Otherwise…

As expiring contract, or with very few teams having ability to ‘renegotiate and extend’ themselves, the godfather offer just isn’t coming in for Ainge.

Ainge could potentially deal Lauri for someone like Ingram who is in the same contract situation? Not sure what that really accomplishes for them though.. Maybe depends on their draft or ultimately what frontcourt position they believe Hendricks will eventually play. I don't really see an Ingram or Lauri type turning down a max contract extension(30% or whatever) from any team. Lauri still hasn't secured a big bag yet to this point of his career so that might be the first priority for him regardless of the team offering it.

I think OKC would be the one team that could unload a bunch of picks for Lauri regardless of the contract situation. Of course that would require Presti talking to Lauri's camp before the trade to establish he was on board to either resign or extend there.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#53 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:00 pm

mg wrote:
Hoops Addict wrote:
Hoppy1 wrote:What if the counter was Isaacs - 1 for 1?

I like Iassacs!

I don't know if Giddey is an Ainge type player at all not to mention all the off court social media and weirdness this season. Utah wants to run a 5 out system and Giddey isn't really a fit for that either. I do think Ainge really likes Sexton but would deal him for the right player/prospect/pick at this point of their rebuild.

I also think Kessler could also be had for the right price but he wouldn't be cheap. Again they seem to want a 5 who can shoot. Could Hendricks fill out and fill that type role? He seemed to actually hold his own against Wemby this week. Kessler's prototype would be very valuable to alot of teams.

Obviously outside of Lauri and their warchest of picks/prospects, Kessler and Sexton are probably the only 2 players on the roster with any trade value. I don't see Clarkson or Collins bringing back anything of value. Ainge already got what value he could from Fontecchio/Olynyk/Agbaji at the trade deadline.

I felt like Hendricks was a 4/5 in the draft, so with Lauri being 7-0 tall, I would not be surprised if that is the fit we decided on. I love Kessler, but if that's the case I think you capitalize on his value.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

Post#54 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:40 am

mg wrote:
Hoops Addict wrote:
Hoppy1 wrote:What if the counter was Isaacs - 1 for 1?

I like Iassacs!

Hendricks would be way better at the 5, but the issue is he's 215 pounds right now and it's not clear how much weigh he can put on.

If he can eventually get to 245, then he becomes much more intriguing than he is now. At 215, he's just a PF who can't do anything against closeouts.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 172

Post#55 » by QMemphis » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:40 am

I would trade Grizz lottery pick and salary for Lauri now. Take a chance we can convince him to stay given the best core in the league. Ja/Des/Smart/Lauri/JJJ
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#56 » by AingesBurner » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:32 pm

QMemphis wrote:I would trade Grizz lottery pick and salary for Lauri now. Take a chance we can convince him to stay given the best core in the league. Ja/Des/Smart/Lauri/JJJ

Not enough, it would take that pick, 2 more, a swap, and something else.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

Post#57 » by HadAnEffectHere » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:38 pm

The Jazz's logic for trading Lauri is pretty obvious. The Jazz have no interest being a 45-50 win team (as shown by Ainge repeatedly sabotaging .500 teams to tank instead of adding pieces and becoming a 50+ win team) and the Jazz have no realistic path to adding a #1 guy as no trade target would ever want to play in Utah over San Antonio, OKC, and various big markets. San Antonio and OKC are potential dynasties with established superstars, Markkanen is not really close to the level of Wemby or SGA. The Jazz need to tank for Flagg/Bailey next year and Boozer/AJ the year after so they need to trade Lauri and Sexton as Lauri is a great #2 and Sexton is a really nice floor raiser.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 172

Post#58 » by QMemphis » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:48 pm

AingesBurner wrote:
QMemphis wrote:I would trade Grizz lottery pick and salary for Lauri now. Take a chance we can convince him to stay given the best core in the league. Ja/Des/Smart/Lauri/JJJ

Not enough, it would take that pick, 2 more, a swap, and something else.

I’m not opposed to it only if Lauri commits to resign.

Return to Trades and Transactions