Make Your Best Offer: Kyle Kuzma

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Make Your Best Offer: Kyle Kuzma 

Post#1 » by NYG » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:51 am

What is the best the Wizards could get in return for Kyle Kuzma this off-season if they shopped him?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Re: Make Your Best Offer: Kyle Kuzma 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:10 am

I think they eventually capitulate and take a package from Dallas that is likely a bit of an overpay. Something like PJ Washington, filler, and a protected 1st.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#3 » by zimpy27 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:31 am

Kyle to Utah for Collins+FRP
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#4 » by penbeast0 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:45 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Kyle to Utah for Collins+FRP

Which pick since that is the greater part of the return?
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,499

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:57 pm

I like that. Probably needs to be two firsts IMO as Washington should have offers with less salary coming back..

But I might just say give up on Hendricks here instead of the future firsts? If you’re locking up Kessler/Kuzma/Lauri.. might as well keep the future assets for the star guard they would need. Maybe a bad idea as I really loved Taylor out of the draft. Just seems to make sense to not bury him.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#6 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:51 pm

Ben Simmons/Whitehead +FRP for Kuzma
1+1=11
penbeast0
And1: 8,679

Post#7 » by penbeast0 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:00 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:Ben Simmons/Whitehead +FRP for Kuzma

Again, the variability on pick value means we need to know which pick to evaluate the offer.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,751

Post#8 » by SkyHook » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:17 pm

I’ve been in favor of a Kuzma return to Utah for a while, but he’s not an upgrade over Collins—not now and not really ever in his career—and there’s nothing that convinces me that he would be more impactful to winning. Much less efficient on far higher usage and substantially weaker on the boards; he is a better secondary distributor. Same money this year, but Kuz is on a declining contract (though he has an additional year). And he’s two years older.

Despite my nostalgia for a reunion with a Ute, I’d pass even without the inclusion of the pick. If someone can make a convincing counter argument I’m all ears.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#9 » by jayjaysee » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I think they eventually capitulate and take a package from Dallas that is likely a bit of an overpay. Something like PJ Washington, filler, and a protected 1st.

Kuzma to Dallas still feels awfully realistic.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#10 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:13 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I think they eventually capitulate and take a package from Dallas that is likely a bit of an overpay. Something like PJ Washington, filler, and a protected 1st.

I think that ship has sailed... for some reason Kuzma doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about the idea of ​​playing for the Mavs, I also think PJ will work out, he was surprised by his good defense
1+1=11
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#11 » by jayjaysee » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:23 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

I think that ship has sailed... for some reason Kuzma doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about the idea of ​​playing for the Mavs, I also think PJ will work out, he was surprised by his good defense

Yeah, I love PJ and think his shooting will get right. The looks are there.

And I never wanted Kuz in Dallas.. Just think that it’s realistic. A decent amount cheaper than Grant. But the trade kicker there..
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#12 » by nate33 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:09 pm

I think the same dynamics are in play for the Wizards this offseason as were in play at the Trade Deadline. The Wizards are happy with Kuzma and feel that his trade value will not depreciate anytime soon so they won't just settle for a ho-hum trade package.

It's going to take more than a mid-to-late FRP and an expiring contract to get him this summer.

I don't think that negotiating dynamic will change until the Trade Deadline next year and possibly not until Summer 2025. If a good offer for Kuzma has not been proposed by Summer 2025, then the Wizards might finally come down off of their asking price, recognizing that Kuzma's value will start to decline as we get closer and closer to the end of his contract.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#13 » by Apz » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:55 pm

jayjaysee wrote:

How? I feel dallas is like the 29th team that would trade for him. He outright said he doesnt want to play for them and he doesnt want to win. Mavs fans were low on him before that, now mavs fans would boo and hate on him from the start and he is such a fragile person, he would break instantly.

That ship has sailed luckily. PJ and a 1st? Never in a million years. Deni is the only player worth a 1st on wizards with expiring, so deni for thj + 1st
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#14 » by babyjax13 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:07 pm

Apz wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

How? I feel dallas is like the 29th team that would trade for him. He outright said he doesnt want to play for them and he doesnt want to win. Mavs fans were low on him before that, now mavs fans would boo and hate on him from the start and he is such a fragile person, he would break instantly.

That ship has sailed luckily. PJ and a 1st? Never in a million years. Deni is the only player worth a 1st on wizards with expiring, so deni for thj + 1st

He didn't say any of that, though, he said he wants to play for Washington. I like PJ, but Kuzma is a better player.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#15 » by jayjaysee » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:23 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Apz wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

He didn't say any of that, though, he said he wants to play for Washington. I like PJ, but Kuzma is a better player.

Yeah, thank you. He sort of said Dallas isn’t a contender even with him. Which I read as he wants to be a first option for a while? But nothing like that.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#16 » by Frichuela » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:49 pm

Apz wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Deni is not for sale and even less for that crappy package. Dream on.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#17 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:35 am

jayjaysee wrote:

I like that. Probably needs to be two firsts IMO as Washington should have offers with less salary coming back..

But I might just say give up on Hendricks here instead of the future firsts? If you’re locking up Kessler/Kuzma/Lauri.. might as well keep the future assets for the star guard they would need. Maybe a bad idea as I really loved Taylor out of the draft. Just seems to make sense to not bury him.

Kuzma does have a better contract, maybe Collins, a #1 and 2 2nds. Utah has a lot of picks there's 3 in 2029 and 4 in 2027, but that far out it's hard to say what they'll be worth.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#18 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:36 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:Ben Simmons/Whitehead +FRP for Kuzma

I do think it would take 2 #1's if Simmons is in the deal with his high salary and problems.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#19 » by jayjaysee » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:46 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Kuzma does have a better contract, maybe Collins, a #1 and 2 2nds. Utah has a lot of picks there's 3 in 2029 and 4 in 2027, but that far out it's hard to say what they'll be worth.

Yeah I’d do two 2025 firsts and get it over with. Keep the higher variance ones.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#20 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:53 am

jayjaysee wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Yeah I’d do two 2025 firsts and get it over with. Keep the higher variance ones.

I'd say washington should jump on that, Collins and 2 25 #1's for Kuzma. Collins might look better with the Wizards, he has looked pretty good this season in spite of the bad rap he gets. The Wiz might be able to move him at the dead line 2025 and bring in some more picks.

Return to Trades and Transactions