Utah offseason denotation

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

Utah offseason denotation 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:06 pm

If the Jazz want to tank for top picks in 2025 and 2026.

Trade 1

Utah gets: Gabe Vincent, Max Lewis, 1-2 second round picks
LAL gets: Jordan Clarkson

Why for Utah: Trading Clarkson to where he wants to go and getting some picks back, hopefully can rehab Vincent's value and trade him at the deadline.

Why for Lakers: Trade a guy who hasn't contributed at all for someone who was 6MotY recently.

Trade 2:

Jazz get: David Roddy, two second round picks from Suns, unprotected Suns 2031 first
Hornets get: Jusuf Nurkic
Suns get: Walker Kessler, Grant Williams, Nic Richards

Why for Utah: More denotation
Why for Hornets: Cut a year off Grant Williams' salary, can move Jusuf Nurkic later if Mark Williams' back eventually heals
Why for Suns: Gamble on an obtainable young player in Kessler and then turn Nurkic into more depth in terms of Williams and Richards.

Trade 3:

Jazz get: Terry Rozier, top 4 protected 2027 swap for worst Utah pick if Miami has already conveyed pick to the Hornets in 2026. If not conveyed due to Hornets still being owed a pick in 2027 or due to being top 4 in 2027, Miami then owes a top 4 protected 2029 swap for the worst Utah pick.
Heat get: Collin Sexton

Why for Utah: More denotation
Why for Miami: Assuming Terry Rozier continues to struggle, they move him for a player of a similar archetype who is much better and saves them $8m in second apron space

Trade 4:

Jazz get: Zach Collins, Raptors 2024 pick, Hawks 2025 pick, best of Spurs or Hawks 2026 pick
Spurs get: Lauri Markkanen, Donovan Mitchell
Cavs gets: Devin Vassell, Jeremy Sochan, Hawks 2027 pick, best of Spurs or Mavs 2030 pick

This assumes that Mitchell doesn't want to extend with the Cavs, but would extend with the Spurs if they added another star along with him and VW (as this core would be incredible)

Why for Jazz: More tanking, tons of pretty good picks
Why for Spurs: Get two excellent stars that fit great together
Why for Cavs: Get a strong return for Mitchell and a bunch of stuff they can trade later
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,499

Re: Utah offseason denotation 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:54 pm

Miamis first to Charlotte is 2027.

And I don’t think you swap Terry for Sexton at the cost of another distant first. Seems like doubling down on a bad idea..

Only getting one first for Kessler feels short. But it’s a really high variance first. I don’t think Utah would do it personally. Kessler isn’t going to stop them from having the worst record in the league, same as Duren in Detroit. But it will be nice to have him once the tank in hopefully over in 12 months.

The Cleveland/SAS trade feels bigger than it needs to be and a bit questionable. But Vassell is a nice piece for Cleveland as he’s young and locked up.. If Utah takes that for Lauri, that deal can be done without Cleveland though. Pick 7 or 8 and the hope that Atlanta blows up. Feels about right, but lower than most asks here.

And I think unless Vincent has a really decent return, LAL owes more.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:20 pm

Trade 1 is fine
Trade 2 I really hate. Trading a young player who is good for a pick 7 drafts into the future?
Trade 3 Rozier is just as good as, if not better than Sexton.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

Post#4 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:32 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Trade 1 is fine
Trade 2 I really hate. Trading a young player who is good for a pick 7 drafts into the future?

Rozier is having a disaster of a season with Miami and the major issue for the Heat is that they're at the second apron next offseason already. Sexton makes $8m less.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:22 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Trade 1 is fine

Rozier is having a disaster of a season with Miami and the major issue for the Heat is that they're at the second apron next offseason already. Sexton makes $8m less.

They aren't going to have to sacrifice a 1st to move him for that little in savings. Give him some time, he's played 11 games for them.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#6 » by AingesBurner » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:25 pm

Don’t like any of it and wonder how you are a Jazz fan.

Return to Trades and Transactions