What star or great role players could the Lakers get with their assets?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

What star or great role players could the Lakers get with their assets? 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:03 pm

Laker tradeable assets other than LeBron and AD.

Austin Reaves (13m)
Jarred Vanderbilt (10.7m)
Rui (17m)
Gabe Vincent (11m)
JHS (3.8m)
Max Lewis (minimum)

Player selected with 2024 pick if Pelicans defer to receive pick in 2025
2026 swap
2027 pick (owed to Jazz but top 4 protected so could trade the rights to the pick if it's in the top 4 to another team)
2028 swap
2029 pick
2030 swap
2031 pick
5 second round picks

If LeBron re-signs for a 3 year max contract, he and AD will make 65% of the cap next year and 70% of the cap two years from now. I assume DLo's contract will make up 15% of the cap (whether they keep him or he goes elsewhere). The second apron is set at around 134.4% of the salary cap IIRC.

It's not clear how far in the team would want to go when this old is a reason they may not trade all/most/any of these assets, but it is interesting to think about.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Re: What star or great role players could the Lakers get with their assets? 

Post#2 » by MessiahUjiri » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:52 pm

None of those are blue chip assets, tbh.

But they can likely bid for Dejounte or Trae and see what shakes out.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,415

Post#3 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

DDR and Caruso
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,500

Post#4 » by Wolveswin » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:42 pm

It’s really only 2x future 1sts (and swaps) Lakers have. When that 2031 becomes available, the 2024 has already become a Lakers player - and really meh for a GM to take who Lakers picked in a ‘weak draft.’

They should watch close how Mavs do this postseason. Irving could be Lakers prize, paired with James yet again.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#5 » by gswhoops » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:27 pm

Murray or Zach LaVine are probably the best players you could get for that list.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#6 » by penbeast0 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:44 pm

Kyle Kuzma back could be worked out.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#7 » by ChettheJet » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:03 pm

They could get Caruso from the Bulls, Vanderbilt and an actual pick, no swapping. The reasoning behind taking Vanderbilt is he young, signed, can rebound the basketball and what you hope is that when out from under the LBJ and AD umbrella his game opens up like Kuzma did when he moved on.

I don't see a way they match salaries to get DeRozan. The Bulls have plenty of guards, even before Lavine comes back healthy and were Lonzo Ball be active, WAY too many. They have Javon Carter so look at Vincent and explain why the Bulls need both or why Vincent off the bench is worth 3+ times what Carter is signed for.

I don't see how they send back enough salary of players the Bulls could use or try to use in exchange for Lavine.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,415

Post#8 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:15 pm

ChettheJet wrote:They could get Caruso from the Bulls, Vanderbilt and an actual pick, no swapping. The reasoning behind taking Vanderbilt is he young, signed, can rebound the basketball and what you hope is that when out from under the LBJ and AD umbrella his game opens up like Kuzma did when he moved on.

I don't see a way they match salaries to get DeRozan. The Bulls have plenty of guards, even before Lavine comes back healthy and were Lonzo Ball be active, WAY too many. They have Javon Carter so look at Vincent and explain why the Bulls need both or why Vincent off the bench is worth 3+ times what Carter is signed for.

I don't see how they send back enough salary of players the Bulls could use or try to use in exchange for Lavine.

Bulls should take back DLo in the DDR Deal, move White for picks and rebuild.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,049

Post#9 » by wablty » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:11 am

gswhoops wrote:Murray or Zach LaVine are probably the best players you could get for that list.

I actually like LaVine on the Lakers if there's a doable trade. Just feels like it'd work.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#10 » by Apz » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:54 am

Wolveswin wrote:It’s really only 2x future 1sts (and swaps) Lakers have. When that 2031 becomes available, the 2024 has already become a Lakers player - and really meh for a GM to take who Lakers picked in a ‘weak draft.’

They should watch close how Mavs do this postseason. Irving could be Lakers prize, paired with James yet again.

Mavs not taking roleplayers for kai tho, so i guess u are suggesting AD for Kai? Think mavs atleast would think about it

Return to Trades and Transactions