The Embiid Sweepstakes

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,605

The Embiid Sweepstakes 

Post#1 » by NYG » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:15 am

Based on the "You're Daryl Morey" thread, I don't see a lot of options beyond signing a star or a star requesting a trade with Philly having the best offer that would be a good enough off-season to keep Embiid happy. If there were no star free agents that changed teams and they either got outbid for a star or none asked out this off-season then what would they be able to do that would make them better?

What if that made Embiid ask out?

1. Which teams would make his list?
2. Which of those teams would have the best offer?
NYG
RealGM

Re: If Embiid Asked Out... 

Post#2 » by NYG » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:26 am

Celtics, Mavericks, Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Miami, New York is probably the list, right?

If Boston put Brown on the table they could make the best offer... otherwise I have it between Miami and NY
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,426

Post#3 » by JRoy » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:47 am

Okc?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
NYG
RealGM

Post#4 » by NYG » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:54 am

JRoy wrote:Okc?

I could see them being one of the teams that doesn't make the initial list, but when they outbid everyone and they run it by him, he actually considers.... what do they use in addition to their cap space to match salary?
NYG
RealGM

Post#5 » by NYG » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:02 am

The Knicks offer would probably be Mitchell Robinson, Julius Randle, Miles McBride, Jericho Sims and all of the picks ('25, '27, '29 and '31 Knicks 1sts + Conditional Wizards 1st, Conditional Pistons 1st and Conditional Bucks 1st) for Embiid... I didn't include the '24 picks because any Embiid deal would be later in the off-season.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,509

Post#6 » by Wolveswin » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:09 am

I am a little confused, I think this thread is about where would Embiid land if he asks out?

It has to be an instant, just-add-water championship ready roster - even after trading for Embiid.

Embiid is aging fast. He has to look in the mirror and see his own NBA mortality.

Brown plus all possible picks is a great start.

OKC has the assets for sure.

Suns for Booker would have merit.

And outside the box, Memphis. JJJ plus a top 6 pick this year is a good start to an offer. Embiid would have his Wade in Ja (Shaq/Wade reference).
NYG
RealGM

Post#7 » by NYG » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:25 am

Wolveswin wrote:I am a little confused, I think this thread is about where would Embiid land if he asks out?

It has to be an instant, just-add-water championship ready roster - even after trading for Embiid.

Embiid is aging fast. He has to look in the mirror and see his own NBA mortality.

And outside the box, Memphis. JJJ plus a top 6 pick this year is a good start to an offer. Embiid would have his Wade in Ja (Shaq/Wade reference).

Yeah I think if Embiid asked out, Boston would be a very realistic destination.
NYG
RealGM

Post#8 » by NYG » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:31 am

Actually.. can't be Boston as Brown will make less than Embiid and they'll be in the second apron.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 149

Post#9 » by louc1970 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:38 am

NYG wrote:Celtics, Mavericks, Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Miami, New York is probably the list, right?

If Boston put Brown on the table they could make the best offer... otherwise I have it between Miami and NY

Those might be his choices, but only 2 have assets to get him.
The teams with the quantity of picks are best suited.
The other team in the hunt could be Cleveland -sending Mitchell and Allen plus anything else Philly wants pick wise.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Wolveswin » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:41 am

louc1970 wrote:
NYG wrote:Celtics, Mavericks, Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Miami, New York is probably the list, right?

Those might be his choices, but only 2 have assets to get him.
The teams with the quantity of picks are best suited.
The other team in the hunt could be Cleveland -sending Mitchell and Allen plus anything else Philly wants pick wise.

Just so I read this right, Cavs wouldn’t have any picks to offer (maybe 2031), so Embiid would be left with Garland and Mobley, and empty war chest? In Cleveland?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,750

Post#11 » by the_process » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:31 pm

OKC, MEM, NOP, PHX.

I imagine Jo picks Phoenix. Booker is a great start to a trade package.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,328

Post#12 » by brackdan70 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:20 pm

NYG wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:I am a little confused, I think this thread is about where would Embiid land if he asks out?

Yeah I think if Embiid asked out, Boston would be a very realistic destination.

I would be a bit surprised if Boston makes that trade. With Embiids age and injury likelihood and also with the Cs having a really good thing going and Porzingas already there…I don’t see the upside for Boston.
Yeah on paper it might be a good value trade but does it really help the Cs?
Sign here
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#13 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:18 pm

Even if Embiid requested a trade, there's just no way we would trade him to Boston. That goes for any team in the Atlantic Division but especially Boston
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,193

Post#14 » by Slim Charless » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:24 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:

Even if Embiid requested a trade, there's just no way we would trade him to Boston. That goes for any team in the Atlantic Division but especially Boston

Yeah. I saw the Celts on that list and I'm thinking the same. The 2 cities, teams and fanbases have no love for each other and that goes across many sports lol. Philly isn't trading him for Brown....Tatum, yes but Boston won't do that.

Like others, I think Morey's 1st call would be to PHX as they would make Biid's list. The ask would be Booker. Who knows what Ishbia says to that. I would say no, but Ish has made a number of moves 'I don't like.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#15 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:45 pm

Surprised that no one mentions the Nets and it would seem like a priority destination to me...the 76ers could recover their selections, they obtain the valuable future of the Mavs and those of the Suns.... C.Thomas/Clowney.. and the 76ers could sign Claxton directly into their slot.. and the Nets consolidate by looking for someone like Murray
1+1=11
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,677

Post#16 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:59 pm

Embiid list will be NY or LA let's not kid ourselves. Dude loves the bright lights and attention.

MSG would treat him like Ewing in his prime.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,750

Post#17 » by the_process » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:02 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:Surprised that no one mentions the Nets and it would seem like a priority destination to me...the 76ers could recover their selections, they obtain the valuable future of the Mavs and those of the Suns.... C.Thomas/Clowney.. and the 76ers could sign Claxton directly into their slot.. and the Nets consolidate by looking for someone like Murray

I cannot believe the Sixers would trade Embiid to Boston, New York, or Brooklyn. That is just asking to get fired. Morey is nuts, though?
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,666

Post#18 » by Clav » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:02 pm

Dallas for me would make a lot of sense if they can work it out with assets too...?

Kyrie, Lively, THJ for Embiid and min. 2.5M of new PHL salary

Another thought would be Utah

Markannen, Kessler, Clarkson + 2-3x picks for Embiid and BBall Pall Reed
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Wolveswin » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:04 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:Surprised that no one mentions the Nets and it would seem like a priority destination to me...the 76ers could recover their selections, they obtain the valuable future of the Mavs and those of the Suns.... C.Thomas/Clowney.. and the 76ers could sign Claxton directly into their slot.. and the Nets consolidate by looking for someone like Murray

Not sure Nets would want to sacrifice 2025 offseason CAP space AND spend all/most of their saved assets for a couple years of prime Embiid. Seems short sided. But maybe.

How about a 3 teamer…

To Suns: Embiid (seems like his best landing spot)

To Nets: Booker + Nurkic

To 76ers: Simmons (buyout) + Cam + Whitehead (and/or Clowney) + Picks-a-Plenty

Yes, Simmons back to 76ers. But he is bought out and never sets foot back in Philly nor remains in Brooklyn for when Booker arrives. Philly can start a proper rebuild around Maxey (not Booker who is flight risk).

As for picks to 76ers, with Nets and Suns involved, teams can get real creative. Including returning all current owed Suns 1sts and refreshing owed Suns amount to Philly. Return of 27 76ers owed (via Nets) of course.

Nets:
Nurkic
Johnson or DFS
Bridges
Booker
Schroder

Suns:
Embiid
KD
Committee
Beal
Committee

76ers:
Claxton (free agent or S&T?)
Reed
Committee
Cam Thomas
Maxey
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,246

Post#20 » by BBallFreak » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:09 pm

I would imagine Miami would be on his list and I would hope Adebayo would be the key piece Miami offers.

Return to Trades and Transactions