Western Conference - Your Team Gets Eliminated Round 1: What Happens Next?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Re: Western Conference - Your Team Gets Eliminated Round 1: What Happens Next? 

Post#61 » by NYG » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:02 am

Any chance the Suns, Beal and Wizards all decide to return Beal to Washington?

Poole, Bagley III/Holmes and Kispert for Beal based concept?
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,676

Post#62 » by nzahir » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:24 am

Wolveswin wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Lakers don’t have assets for Mitchell, or Trae, maybe enough for Murray.

Why does this keep being said?

The cavs got Mitchell for Markennan (averaging 16 ppg at the time and definitely not an all star, but a solid guy on a good deal), Sexton (who is solid, but a lower end pg starter), 3 1sts, 2 swaps, and Abaji

This was when he had 3 years left and was 2 years younger

How far off is
Reaves: Similar to Markennan at the time, but Reaves has actually had very good playoff moments
Dlo/Rui: Probably not as good as Sexton, but guys who could be weaker starters on a contender
3 1sts: Mind you Lakers have an aging Lebron, AD, and then thats it. While the Cavs had a young core in Garland, Allen, and Mobley. So I think our picks are even potentially worth more
2 swaps: Similar
JHS: Compares to Abaji

Mitchell has 1 year left as well, so what if he says I want out and only want a contender in a big city like NY, LA, BKN, MIA?

I think the NY fit is poor. We have seen him and a small guard. Cle looked better being bigger it looks like
I dont see LAC moving Kawhi or PG
BKN has more assets, but what is the team? Mitchell, Bridges, Johnson, and Claxton as the locked in core?
Miami: They can do a similar package with Herro, filler, Jovic, 3 1sts, 2 swaps I think? I dont think they move Jacquez

Trae has multiple years left, I dont see him forcing his way out

"Maybe enough for Murray is beyong laughable"

This has been rehashed too many times.

One of the Lakers 1sts will be 2024. 13th in a meh draft. A player already drafted. Not a pick. That would be equal to Agbaji.

Your side of the coin is aging Lakers roster. Other side it’s the Lakers who will attract players. Fact is, owed 1sts are 29 and 31. No way team is trading a stud player and not getting to draft anyone until 5 (FIVE) drafts away. And whole time hope for 5 years Lakers don’t figure out a major free agent to join stud they just traded for.

Lastly, Lakers don’t live in a vacuum. Lakers offer is already weak, but really weak compared to the many teams with war chests ready to spend on same players Lakers want. Lakers lose every bid, ever day, twice on Sunday. Murray is only in their sights.

I will add, Lakers best bet, is a AD 2.0 happening. A star needs to demand LA. Demand needs to scare all other teams off. Then GM of team holding star has to say yes to Lakers offer. AD 1.0 was a perfect storm. Lakers need that again.

Fair enough to point that Abaji is equivalent to the pick this year, I forgot he didnt play a year

I was comparing him to JHS, but that isnt accurate then

So we give up another swap?

Mind you this is for a guy who has ONE year left

If he says he just wants a major city AND a contender, then what? BKN isn't a contender with him

NYK is a meh fit at best

So that leaves LA and Miami? We have seen how Pat is when it comes to making trades and not overpaying

Is DJM even better than Dlo rn for us?
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#63 » by Devilanche » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:34 am

nzahir wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
nzahir wrote:Why does this keep being said?

The cavs got Mitchell for Markennan (averaging 16 ppg at the time and definitely not an all star, but a solid guy on a good deal), Sexton (who is solid, but a lower end pg starter), 3 1sts, 2 swaps, and Abaji

This was when he had 3 years left and was 2 years younger

How far off is
Reaves: Similar to Markennan at the time, but Reaves has actually had very good playoff moments
Dlo/Rui: Probably not as good as Sexton, but guys who could be weaker starters on a contender
3 1sts: Mind you Lakers have an aging Lebron, AD, and then thats it. While the Cavs had a young core in Garland, Allen, and Mobley. So I think our picks are even potentially worth more
2 swaps: Similar
JHS: Compares to Abaji

Mitchell has 1 year left as well, so what if he says I want out and only want a contender in a big city like NY, LA, BKN, MIA?

I think the NY fit is poor. We have seen him and a small guard. Cle looked better being bigger it looks like
I dont see LAC moving Kawhi or PG
BKN has more assets, but what is the team? Mitchell, Bridges, Johnson, and Claxton as the locked in core?
Miami: They can do a similar package with Herro, filler, Jovic, 3 1sts, 2 swaps I think? I dont think they move Jacquez

Trae has multiple years left, I dont see him forcing his way out

"Maybe enough for Murray is beyong laughable"

This has been rehashed too many times.

One of the Lakers 1sts will be 2024. 13th in a meh draft. A player already drafted. Not a pick. That would be equal to Agbaji.

Your side of the coin is aging Lakers roster. Other side it’s the Lakers who will attract players. Fact is, owed 1sts are 29 and 31. No way team is trading a stud player and not getting to draft anyone until 5 (FIVE) drafts away. And whole time hope for 5 years Lakers don’t figure out a major free agent to join stud they just traded for.

Lastly, Lakers don’t live in a vacuum. Lakers offer is already weak, but really weak compared to the many teams with war chests ready to spend on same players Lakers want. Lakers lose every bid, ever day, twice on Sunday. Murray is only in their sights.

I will add, Lakers best bet, is a AD 2.0 happening. A star needs to demand LA. Demand needs to scare all other teams off. Then GM of team holding star has to say yes to Lakers offer. AD 1.0 was a perfect storm. Lakers need that again.

Fair enough to point that Abaji is equivalent to the pick this year, I forgot he didnt play a year

I was comparing him to JHS, but that isnt accurate then

So we give up another swap?

Mind you this is for a guy who has ONE year left

If he says he just wants a major city AND a contender, then what? BKN isn't a contender with him

NYK is a meh fit at best

So that leaves LA and Miami? We have seen how Pat is when it comes to making trades and not overpaying

Is DJM even better than Dlo rn for us?

I don’t love the lakers package , but on the premise that he’s asking out, lakers have to be 1 of the team in with a chance on him .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#64 » by theBigLip » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:48 am

You would think as a Pistons fan I wouldn’t care about this thread. But it’s exciting because there will be teams that will be extremely disappointed. Not sure which ones yet. And the Pistons will have $70M+ in cap space to pick up some talent when the inevitable rebuilds start. Can’t wait for the playoffs!

Return to Trades and Transactions