MIN-UTA-ORL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Re: MIN-UTA-ORL 

Post#21 » by jjohns828 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:36 pm

shrink wrote:
jjohns828 wrote:No offense to KAT but I don't really think he's the right target for the Magic. If we decided to make a change at C it should almost be the opposite direction with a more defensively minded player coupled with upgrading the offensive capability at point guard to make up for losing WCJ.

I don’t think a trade is likely for any player, but for discussion’s sake, do you think a Gobert/Mike Conley package fits ORL better?

Conley only makes sense if you are a full believer in Anthony Black as the long-term answer at PG and see him as a bridge starter/mentor. I'm a little skeptical so I'd probably prefer someone a little younger. Not as young as our other core guys but young enough where he can run the point for the team longer than I could see Conley doing so.

Gobert is the type of player I think would be a better C to pair with Banchero and Wagner as long as we've upgraded the shooting and overall scoring ability of our backcourt to more than compensate for the loss on offense of WCJ. I say more than compensate since we already need to improve with him starting let alone if we go for a full defensive minded center.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,642

Re: MIN-UTA-ORL 

Post#22 » by Skybox » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:58 pm

jjohns828 wrote:
shrink wrote:
jjohns828 wrote:No offense to KAT but I don't really think he's the right target for the Magic. If we decided to make a change at C it should almost be the opposite direction with a more defensively minded player coupled with upgrading the offensive capability at point guard to make up for losing WCJ.

I don’t think a trade is likely for any player, but for discussion’s sake, do you think a Gobert/Mike Conley package fits ORL better?

Conley only makes sense if you are a full believer in Anthony Black as the long-term answer at PG and see him as a bridge starter/mentor. I'm a little skeptical so I'd probably prefer someone a little younger. Not as young as our other core guys but young enough where he can run the point for the team longer than I could see Conley doing so.

Gobert is the type of player I think would be a better C to pair with Banchero and Wagner as long as we've upgraded the shooting and overall scoring ability of our backcourt to more than compensate for the loss on offense of WCJ. I say more than compensate since we already need to improve with him starting let alone if we go for a full defensive minded center.

Gobert would be a Mosley wet dream. I'd be more than a little hesitant to have that much money committed to a guy that old, but he's been reliable for years. ORL could then turn to ATL with a handful of picks and get DJM to make the nastiest defensive lineup in NBA history (with more scoring punch than it had yesterday)...I'm assuming ORL would send out(at least) WCJ + Black + picks, and let Ingles, Harris, Fultz, Okeke, and Goga fade away in order to have the salary space.

Murray/Conley
Suggs/Jett Howard
Franz/Houstan
Paolo/Isaac
Gobert/M. Wagner

Return to Trades and Transactions