Make Your Best Offer: Anfernee Simons

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

mg
General Manager
And1: 4,032

Re: Make Your Best Offer: Anfernee Simons 

Post#21 » by mg » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:22 pm

Charlotte already tried a small guard (Rozier) next to Ball and it didn't work especially on the defensive side of the court.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#22 » by BlazersBroncos » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:34 pm

mg wrote:Charlotte already tried a small guard (Rozier) next to Ball and it didn't work especially on the defensive side of the court.

Rozier isnt nearly the shooter Simons is - that off ball 3PT shooting is a big fit next to Ball IMO.

I really love the fit in SAS - they have the defensive youth to alleviate Simons lack of 3, they have forwards and Vic who can create a bit to alleviate Simons lack of being a true PG and they really could use a high volume 3PT shooter to compliment Wemby. A lead guard that can hit 3.5-4 3's per game would be huge for SAS.

Not sure how the trade works though.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#23 » by hcsilla » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:16 pm

Myth wrote:
NYG wrote:
Myth wrote:
Yeah, I do this for Portland. A couple of gamble picks and no salary.

Does LaMelo/Simons fit?

I think it certainly helps to put a tall guard next to Simons for defensive purposes .

The problem is LaMelo Ball has no intention to play defense.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,468

Post#24 » by Myth » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:05 pm

hcsilla wrote:
Myth wrote:
NYG wrote:
Does LaMelo/Simons fit?

I think it certainly helps to put a tall guard next to Simons for defensive purposes .

The problem is LaMelo Ball has no intention to play defense.

That then would fit under the umbrella of “I don’t know the ins and outs of Melo’s game.” I’m curious, is it that he is simply bad at defense or does he just not try most of the time but is fine when he does? Either way, that’s not a great defensive fit if he doesn’t play good defense one way or another. Another curiosity question: how does his defense compare to Lillard’s?
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#25 » by NYG » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:16 am

Anfernee Simons for Keldon Johnson and '25 Hawks 1st
NYG
RealGM

Post#26 » by NYG » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:25 pm

Besides Orlando, who are the best fits for Simons?
Myth
General Manager

Post#27 » by Myth » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:57 pm

NYG wrote:Anfernee Simons for Keldon Johnson and '25 Hawks 1st

I’d be good with that.
NYG
RealGM

Post#28 » by NYG » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:36 pm

Myth wrote:

I’d be good with that.

What if it was lower of Spurs/Hawks '25 1st?
Myth
General Manager

Post#29 » by Myth » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:38 pm

NYG wrote:
Myth wrote:

I’d be good with that.

What if it was lower of Spurs/Hawks '25 1st?

Probably still fine. I don’t expect either to be top teams. So getting that pick and decently productive and young SF is good. Is Keldon any good at defense?
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#30 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:16 pm

In my opinion, the Spurs need an elite playmaker in the point guard position to maximize Wemby, not a scoring guard (very good at that) who goes about his own thing. Simons would fit in the MAGIC and I also like him in the Lakers or Indiana
1+1=11
NYG
RealGM

Post#31 » by NYG » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:27 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:In my opinion, the Spurs need an elite playmaker in the point guard position to maximize Wemby, not a scoring guard (very good at that) who goes about his own thing. Simons would fit in the MAGIC and I also like him in the Lakers or Indiana

Lakers is a good one I hadn't thought of... would a future 1st, Vanderbilt, Gabe Vincent and JHS be enough? Is AD/Rui/LeBron/Simons/Russell any good?
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#32 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:35 pm

NYG wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:In my opinion, the Spurs need an elite playmaker in the point guard position to maximize Wemby, not a scoring guard (very good at that) who goes about his own thing. Simons would fit in the MAGIC and I also like him in the Lakers or Indiana

Lakers is a good one I hadn't thought of... would a future 1st, Vanderbilt, Gabe Vincent and JHS be enough? Is AD/Rui/LeBron/Simons/Russell any good?

I like your idea...but in this scenario I think the Lakers are trying to take Thybulle if they negotiate with the BLAZERS and they are losing JV...in fact they seem like very good trade partners to me...and maybe Simons would make more sense if D'lo walk...I also like Grant/Thybulle for Hachimura/Vincent/JV/JHS+Picks..
1+1=11
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,502

Post#33 » by Wolveswin » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:51 pm

Colbinii wrote:Something around Towns for Simons++

Maybe a 3-team deal.

To Magic: Towns + Simons + Moore Jr

To Blazers: Jett + 25 Nuggets 1st (via Magic)

To Wolves: WCJ + Black + 25/27/29 Magic 1sts
*Maybe some other win-now talent from Blaz (Thybulle or ?)

Magic would have quite the team with mix of offense and defense.
Towns
Banchero
Wagner
Suggs
Simons

Wolves money stress would have to be real. This trade solves that, with rookie contract Black and his defense fitting well (in theory) next to Edwards as PGOF learning from Conley. WCJ and Reid battle for PF and backup C minutes. But Wolves would really only want this move for player to be named later with newly acquired assets.
Myth
General Manager

Post#34 » by Myth » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:34 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Colbinii wrote:Something around Towns for Simons++

Maybe a 3-team deal.

To Magic: Towns + Simons + Moore Jr

To Blazers: Jett + 25 Nuggets 1st (via Magic)

To Wolves: WCJ + Black + 25/27/29 Magic 1sts
*Maybe some other win-now talent from Blaz (Thybulle or ?)

Magic would have quite the team with mix of offense and defense.
Towns
Banchero
Wagner
Suggs
Simons

Wolves money stress would have to be real. This trade solves that, with rookie contract Black and his defense fitting well (in theory) next to Edwards as PGOF learning from Conley. WCJ and Reid battle for PF and backup C minutes. But Wolves would really only want this move for player to be named later with newly acquired assets.

I’d need to see more from Jett to believe he isn’t a bust. The Nuggets pick is likely very late 1st. That combo isn’t enough for me give up Simons, definitely not adding Thybulle to it.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,500

Post#35 » by jayjaysee » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:49 pm

The KAT idea made me try..

Hunter, Griffin, 2029 Atlanta first (say top 5 protected then unprotected?) to Portland
Simons, OO, 10th, 20th to Minnesota
KAT to Atlanta

Something like that?

KAT/Jalen/Bey/Murray/Trae

And maybe flip Capela for 2-3 smaller salary guys (say Adams, Tate, 2nds) if they look like a tax team?

Seems like a terrible idea for Minnesota imo.. and less value than the other deals suggested for Portland but some more upside
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#36 » by BlazersBroncos » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:39 pm

I just dont get why MIN is trading KAT coming off one of the most successful seasons in franchise history?
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,008

Post#37 » by Rockazoids » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:13 pm

ChettheJet wrote: They just didn't get theirs in the flow of the offense. Walked it up and took a shot or pounded the ball a while until they got space or maybe not and fired it up. I see Julius Randle and Duncan Robinson the same way, they get theirs they just don't bring the team with them

It's funny a Bulls fan saying that with Zach LaVine on their team while taking up over $40 M, Randle would be the best player
on the Bulls team. Randle has been All NBA 2 out of the last 3 years and was well on his way this year until he got under cut.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#38 » by Wolveswin » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:16 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I just dont get why MIN is trading KAT coming off one of the most successful seasons in franchise history?

Money, money, moneeey. Well that is the central reasoning. But others stacked too.

Playoffs will dictate everything, re: how viable a Towns trade is/becomes.

And despite amazing Wolves win total, I wouldn’t call the season “successful.” Yet. Wolves are an expensive team, all asset chips in the middle, leveraged on winning now in playoffs. 1st round loss and 23/24 will not be “successful” as you say.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#39 » by Wolveswin » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:18 pm

jayjaysee wrote:The KAT idea made me try..

Hunter, Griffin, 2029 Atlanta first (say top 5 protected then unprotected?) to Portland
Simons, OO, 10th, 20th to Minnesota
KAT to Atlanta

Something like that?

KAT/Jalen/Bey/Murray/Trae

And maybe flip Capela for 2-3 smaller salary guys (say Adams, Tate, 2nds) if they look like a tax team?

Seems like a terrible idea for Minnesota imo.. and less value than the other deals suggested for Portland but some more upside

Sorry, but that is yuck to this Wolves fan.

Not loving the Simons fit in MN. OO isn’t better than Reid and doesn’t really fill a need. Having 3x 1sts in 24 draft (2x as value from a Towns trade) is just…yuck again.
He Filled it Up
Veteran
And1: 1,439

Post#40 » by He Filled it Up » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:19 pm

tiderulz wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:He is in the same category as Jordan Poole and Jeremi Grant. They put up numbers all on their own

The Bulls just beat the WIZ and PORT convincingly. Poole was 4-12 from the field for 13 points 8 assist and Simons had 30 on 10-24 shooting and 9 assists. They just didn't get theirs in the flow of the offense. Walked it up and took a shot or pounded the ball a while until they got space or maybe not and fired it up. I see Julius Randle and Duncan Robinson the same way, they get theirs they just don't bring the team with them

I think you see some high dollar players that don't get traded because they don't play team ball and nobody thinks they'll fit in if they trade for them. And some lower cost guys never stick for a 2nd or 3rd year with teams for the same reason.

I think Simons problem is that he shouldnt be the #1 guy. He is a very good shooter and good scorer. But he would play better as the 2nd or 3rd option.

The problem with this archetype, given his size, is that you need your other guard to be a better ball-handler/playmaker AND a better defensive player (at least being able to cover the #2 perimeter assignment). IMO this can only really work if you have a Lebron or Jokic-style big playmaker, which really narrows the field given Simmons price tag. Maybe Paolo is/will be one of those types, and Orlando could get away with a Suggs/Simmons backcourt?
Count that baby and a foul!

Return to Trades and Transactions