Where I have everyone tax-wise: Which owners aren't okay with where they are?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Re: Where I have everyone tax-wise: Which owners aren't okay with where they are? 

Post#41 » by theBigLip » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:24 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:its almost like winning championships is hard. In the past ten years you have had to beat the GOAT(Lebron who owned the conference and no team got past past him until he left) or one of the GOAT teams (Warriors). Or we had best player in the league Giannis, best player in the league, Jokic.

Other teams have picked high in the draft. Cleveland famously picked #1 overall 3x in 4 years and only won because Lebron came back. The Lakers picked #2 overall 3x and only won because Lebron showed up.

Do you not get that? With very very few exceptions and none since the last Spurs title, you don't win titles unless you have the best or maybe 2nd best player in the world. It's why as good as Boston looks as a team, you should be nervous. Because as good as Tatum is and as deep in really really good players behind him they are, Tatum isn't that. Maybe they can be the Spurs/Pistons, if anyone can, its them, but typically you win because you have the best player in the series.

So if we want to judge Embiid a bit, we definitely can. But the Sixers standing out as the biggest disappointment over the past decade? Nah.

Agreed. Philly’s approach got them an MVP. They just need him to stay healthy, especially for the playoffs.
tacos
Senior
And1: 385

Re: Where I have everyone tax-wise: Which owners aren't okay with where they are? 

Post#42 » by tacos » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:17 am

jbk1234 wrote:
tacos wrote:From the blazers prospective when the right move is there make if... could even wait till the deadline

That's not how they calculate the tax anymore. It's pro-rata over the course of the season and non tax teams have to get to the salary floor before the season starts.

Good to know
They must have wanted to make in season cap space less of a commodity
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,178

Post#43 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:24 am

tacos wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
tacos wrote:From the blazers prospective when the right move is there make if... could even wait till the deadline

That's not how they calculate the tax anymore. It's pro-rata over the course of the season and non tax teams have to get to the salary floor before the season starts.

Good to know
They must have wanted to make in season cap space less of a commodity

The lower tier players, or their agents, were sick of having to settle for peanuts because bad teams were treating cap space like a commodity.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions