Atlanta - Chicago - New York - Washington

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,819

Re: Atlanta - Chicago - New York - Washington 

Post#21 » by spree8 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:20 pm

cgf wrote:
spree8 wrote:Rather keep Deuce… dude is a steal on his contract and keeps improving by the day

Love Deuce, but rather have Coby...dude is a steal on his contract and keeps improving by the day :wink:

I dunno how many Knick fans would agree with that. Don’t see Thibs liking it either especially since Coby isn’t the defender Deuce is by any stretch. He’s an ok scorer, but he’s putting up numbers on a sub-500 team.

I like Caruso, but giving Deuce and 1st’s for Coby? Nah
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,993

Post#22 » by cgf » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:44 am

spree8 wrote:
cgf wrote:
spree8 wrote:Rather keep Deuce… dude is a steal on his contract and keeps improving by the day

Love Deuce, but rather have Coby...dude is a steal on his contract and keeps improving by the day :wink:

I dunno how many Knick fans would agree with that. Don’t see Thibs liking it either especially since Coby isn’t the defender Deuce is by any stretch. He’s an ok scorer, but he’s putting up numbers on a sub-500 team.

How many other Knicks fans have seen more than 10 Bulls games over the past two years?

IQ wasn't the defender Deuce is, but Thibs still gave him more PT. Same deal with Coby, he might just be a good defender, but his offensive advantage is real.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
spree8
RealGM

Post#23 » by spree8 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:21 am

cgf wrote:
spree8 wrote:
cgf wrote:

How many other Knicks fans have seen more than 10 Bulls games over the past two years?

IQ wasn't the defender Deuce is, but Thibs still gave him more PT. Same deal with Coby, he might just be a good defender, but his offensive advantage is real.

IQ is a far better defender than Coby is tho, so that point still isn’t valid.

Not sure how many Bulls games other Knick fans have seen over the last 2 years, but that’s not really saying much. It’s not so much the quantity of games watched, as much as it is the quality of basketball mind watching them (lots of good ones on the Knicks Board). Anyone who knows what they’re watching doesn’t need to see 82 of Coby to know what he is.
cgf
RealGM

Post#24 » by cgf » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:35 pm

spree8 wrote:
cgf wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Not sure how many Bulls games other Knick fans have seen over the last 2 years, but that’s not really saying much. It’s not so much the quantity of games watched, as much as it is the quality of basketball mind watching them (lots of good ones on the Knicks Board). Anyone who knows what they’re watching doesn’t need to see 82 of Coby to know what he is.

Last season Coby evolved into a good defender, not sure if you need to watch more Bulls games or upgrade your basketball mind :wink: but IQ and Coby are very similar level players...the main difference between them is that coby gets to the rim better but he doesn't have IQ's float-game.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

spree8
RealGM

Post#25 » by spree8 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:57 pm

cgf wrote:
spree8 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Last season Coby evolved into a good defender, not sure if you need to watch more Bulls games or upgrade your basketball mind :wink: but IQ and Coby are very similar level players...the main difference between them is that coby gets to the rim better but he doesn't have IQ's float-game.

Cgf, I don’t need to watch any more Bulls games or upgrade my mind lol, but you need to downgrade your obsession with these weird fantasies of merging the Knicks and Bulls rosters. It’s clouding your judgement and you’re incessantly posting these types of trades for years and getting oddly defensive when Knick fans aren’t down for it. You started with LaVine and now Coby.

Coby is absolutely not the defender IQ is. I’ve never heard anyone say that before and I’m really wondering if you’re either paying attention and not understanding or just day dreaming when “watching” these games.
cgf
RealGM

Post#26 » by cgf » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:08 pm

spree8 wrote:
cgf wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Cgf, I don’t need to watch any more Bulls games or upgrade my mind lol, but you need to downgrade your obsession with these weird fantasies of merging the Knicks and Bulls rosters. It’s clouding your judgement and you’re incessantly posting these types of trades for years and getting oddly defensive when Knick fans aren’t down for it. You started with LaVine and now Coby.

Coby is absolutely not the defender IQ is. I’ve never heard anyone say that before and I’m really wondering if you’re either paying attention or day dreaming when “watching” these games.

Bringing up players that would improve our team every few months qualifies as an obsession? I think you need to let go of the Jordan-years rivalry and accept that there are Bulls players who would help us. It might not sit right with you, but try to be a little more objective.

Also, I started with Caruso. I never argued that we should trade for Lavine. Just that he's a lot better than people make him out to be...kinda like how Julius is a lot better than people make him sound.

And if you've never heard about White's defensive improvement, that's because you don't watch the Bulls enough or talk to enough people who do. IQ may have a bit of an advantage with his length that's let him be a much better rebounder, but both have grown into very solid defenders, who can man either guard spot.

spree8
RealGM

Post#27 » by spree8 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:51 pm

cgf wrote:
spree8 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Coby is absolutely not the defender IQ is. I’ve never heard anyone say that before and I’m really wondering if you’re either paying attention or day dreaming when “watching” these games.

Bringing up players that would improve our team every few months qualifies as an obsession? I think you need to let go of the Jordan-years rivalry and accept that there are Bulls players who would help us. It might not sit right with you, but try to be a little more objective.

Also, I started with Caruso. I never argued that we should trade for Lavine. Just that he's a lot better than people make him out to be...kinda like how Julius is a lot better than people make him sound.

And if you've never heard about White's defensive improvement, that's because you don't watch the Bulls enough or talk to enough people who do. IQ may have a bit of an advantage with his length that's let him be a much better rebounder, but both have grown into very solid defenders, who can man either guard spot.

Jordan era rivalry? :lol: What on earth on you talking about dude?

It is a trend I’ve noticed… you post the same idea a bunch of times, I mention it, and you pretend it’s just a one off idea. I don’t get it… it’s known you’ve posted 10,000 LaVine to NYK trades, and the Coby trades are nearing it. Same with Brunson trades… you posted a bunch even tho there’s like 0% chance it happens under Leon, and then backpedal when called out. Dunno why you do that, just own it. If you’re trying to speak it into existence, then cool, who cares what I say lol.

But yea, Coby’s defense was atrocious and he was clueless on that end entering the league, yeah naturally he made some improvements thru opportunity and experience/learning, but he’s still not a good defender… I’d say below average-average at best, and you’re comparing him to IQ who is clearly well above average. There is no comparison. I’m not sure how or why you’re debating this. I’ll leave you to it tho.
cgf
RealGM

Post#28 » by cgf » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:29 pm

spree8 wrote:
cgf wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Jordan era rivalry? :lol: What on earth on you talking about dude?

It is a trend I’ve noticed… you post the same idea a bunch of times, I mention it, and you pretend it’s just a one off idea. I don’t get it… it’s known you’ve posted 10,000 LaVine to NYK trades, and the Coby trades are nearing it. Same with Brunson trades… you posted a bunch even tho there’s like 0% chance it happens under Leon, and then backpedal when called out. Dunno why you do that, just own it. If you’re trying to speak it into existence, then cool, who cares what I say lol.

But yea, Coby’s defense was atrocious and he was clueless on that end entering the league, yeah naturally he made some improvements thru opportunity and experience/learning, but he’s still not a good defender… I’d say below average-average at best, and you’re comparing him to IQ who is clearly well above average. There is no comparison. I’m not sure how or why you’re debating this. I’ll leave you to it tho.

Yet again, you're exaggerating massively and misrepresenting what I wrote. Repeating myself isn't backpedalling just because you assumed I was saying something I wasn't. That's why I get frustrated talking with you. I have no qualms about people disagreeing with me, but please disagree with what I'm actually saying. I try very hard to steelman other people's arguments, so please don't strawman mine.

Most of the Lavine trades I posted started with some version of "I can see our FO doing this if they don't want to wait for RJ to develop, but I hope they stay patient"...I have posted a zillion Caruso to NYK trades and have defended Lavine when people on our board go overboard in criticizing him, the same way I have defended Randle on the GB, because I have developed a soft spot for over-criticized 2nd/3rd options being forced to be their team's #1 option.

But defending a player from excessive criticism doesn't mean I'm arguing we should trade for them. I think Kuzma gets a lot more s*** than his game + contract deserve and if he came up on our board more I would defend him a lot too...but I think trading for Kuzma would be idiotic for a team that already has Randle at the 4.

The only time I argued that we should go after Lavine was after the OG trade and that came with a couple very big caveats; the first was that we could pay less than the price people were speculating Murray would cost on his own...and the second (more important caveat) was that we would get Caruso as well.

Similarly with the Brunson stuff, I made a couple of jokes parodying the anti-Randle camp on our board because we have a double standard for our two stars, and suggested that if we needed a trump card to win a bidding war for a top 5 player in which all of our picks + kids + Julius wasn't enough, then we could include Brunson to push our offer to the top of the pile and still have a title caliber team around that Luka level guy.

But I fully acknowledged that it was super unlikely to happen IRL. So unless you've got some receipts that actually show what you claim, please stop lying about me.

You're right that Coby's D was hideous when he entered the league, that was why it was so impressive that he turned himself into a quality two-way player last year...which was why I started pumping his tires back then, called his contract one of the biggest steals in the NBA, and wasn't surprised at all when he started exploding this year.

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#29 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:23 pm

What's up with the Knicks returning their FRP to the PISTONS for Sasser? I like that kid as an IQ replacement and the Pistons have Cade/Ausuar/Ivey/Grimes...they wouldn't have enough minutes
1+1=11
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,470

Post#30 » by Ball4life32 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:43 pm

Not appealing at all for Atlanta. Also they already have two picks in this draft. Doubt they want 1 or 2 more non lottery picks.
cgf
RealGM

Post#31 » by cgf » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:17 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:What's up with the Knicks returning their FRP to the PISTONS for Sasser? I like that kid as an IQ replacement and the Pistons have Cade/Ausuar/Ivey/Grimes...they wouldn't have enough minutes

I don't see Sasser as enough of an upgrade over McBride. Deuce is playing great behind Brunson, he's just not as dynamic a creator as IQ was or Coby would be...so I'd rather have Grimes back if we were sending Detroit their FRP :lol:

cgf
RealGM

Post#32 » by cgf » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:19 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:Not appealing at all for Atlanta. Also they already have two picks in this draft. Doubt they want 1 or 2 more non lottery picks.

Fair enough, but I dunno who's going to be offering more than a playable expiring + non-bluechip prospect + 2 non-lotto FRPs for Murray unless you can sucker the Bulls into giving Coby White up for him...but then you'd need a third team to swap Coby for a piece that fit better next to Trae.

Return to Trades and Transactions