UTA-BKN-CHI (if the Nets fail to get Trae Young or Donovan Mitchell)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

UTA-BKN-CHI (if the Nets fail to get Trae Young or Donovan Mitchell) 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:37 pm

Nets get: Collin Sexton, Lonzo Ball, Dalen Terry
Bulls get: John Collins, a 2nd from the Jazz
Jazz get: Ben Simmons, 2025 Phoenix first

Why for Brooklyn: Get the efficient shot creation they desperately need to allow Bridges to move back to being a quality role player
Why for the Bulls: Get a guy who can contribute a bit and a second in exchange for one year of cap space
Why for the Jazz: Get a high variance first
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,032

Re: UTA-BKN-CHI (if the Nets fail to get Trae Young or Donovan Mitchell) 

Post#2 » by mg » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:47 pm

If Jazz pick this direction they better just forget the extension and deal Lauri this offseason for the best return too.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,178

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:48 pm

The Nets already have Cam Thomas. I don't see them parting with an unprotected 1st for Sexton.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

Post#4 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:52 pm

jbk1234 wrote:The Nets already have Cam Thomas. I don't see them parting with an unprotected 1st for Sexton.

Cam Thomas TS+: 95
Collin Sexton TS+: 106

Cam Thomas BPM: -1.5
Collin Sexton BPM: 2.3

They have the same archetype of a no defense chucker guard, but Cam Thomas is terrible at scoring and Sexton is very good at scoring.
balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 210

Post#5 » by balsamic_ducks » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:03 pm

This is just moving deck chairs on the titanic. Sexton doesnt meaningfully improve brooklyn, if they can't get a star then they should start selling. Adding a role player to a team of only role players is a bad idea
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,499

Post#6 » by jayjaysee » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:42 pm

Yeah, Sexton has been great and I’m one that thought he was the one to keep not Garland (I was wrong).. but this is a bad direction for Brooklyn.

If you do a two team trade with Utah, it would make more sense for Brooklyn as they’d create a Bin Simmons TPE (though they’d hard cap themselves..so might not be able to use it fully)
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#7 » by ChettheJet » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:13 pm

What's the upside for BRK? They give up a perpetually injured Simmons to take a one year flyer on a 75/25 injured Ball. And they give up a 1st for Sexton. Not seeing that when there will be PGs on the FA market.

And I'm in a small Bulls club that both wants to get John Collins and hold onto the hope of Lonzo Ball.
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,751

Post#8 » by SkyHook » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:21 pm

I don’t see how this makes any sense for the Nets.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#9 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:54 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:The Nets already have Cam Thomas. I don't see them parting with an unprotected 1st for Sexton.

Cam Thomas TS+: 95
Collin Sexton TS+: 106

Cam Thomas BPM: -1.5
Collin Sexton BPM: 2.3

They have the same archetype of a no defense chucker guard, but Cam Thomas is terrible at scoring and Sexton is very good at scoring.

Cam Thomas doesn’t even have to be part of the equation, Sexton just doesn’t hold this type of value.

That pick could reasonably be the number one overall, and easily be top 4, in a draft slated to have multiple franchise level talents.

All it takes is a couple nagging injuries to KD and Booker, a mild knee sprain here, a broken finger there, a broken nose, some good old load management as the cherry on top, and they’re a 35 win 9th-10th worst record with a good chance at a top 4 jump.

It’s not even hard to imagine with how old and injury prone their roster is top to bottom, and how much they’re leaning on KD this year.

That ‘25 Phoenix pick is probably the most valuable one of all of them, even though the later picks have a much stronger probability of being higher overall picks.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:18 am

mg wrote:If Jazz pick this direction they better just forget the extension and deal Lauri this offseason for the best return too.

To get the best deal we have to extend Lauri, for Lauri to maximize his earnings he has to extend. I don't think any direction we pick affects that decision calculus for either party.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#11 » by pipfan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:38 pm

Make it the '27 Suns' 1st from BRK and it seems better

As a Bulls' fan who has posted 27 blow up plans, I know that's not on the agenda, so this deal seems good to me
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#12 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:18 pm

Maybe I’m really underrating Sexton, but the Nets are big game hunting, don’t see them giving up any premium assets for a guy who isn’t necessarily a substantial upgrade over Schröder.

He’s a final piece kind of trade for a team like Brooklyn, not a backup plan. A backup plan is someone much lower asset cost, or to just blow it up.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Trades and Transactions