Charlotte lands the #1 pick what are you offering?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Re: Charlotte lands the #1 pick what are you offering? 

Post#61 » by Xman » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:32 pm

I think SA could consider three guys. Sarr, Topic, Risacher.
Their own pick will be 3-5 range.
The Tor pick conveys if below 6.
SA offers 6, cha first back, two seconds.

Would let SA pair Sarr with Wemby. Twin towers redo of duncan/robinson. Great press.

Then add topic - if ok with his shooting. Or Risacher and sign a vet pg
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#62 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:46 pm

Xman wrote:I think SA could consider three guys. Sarr, Topic, Risacher.

Would let SA pair Sarr with Wemby. Twin towers redo of duncan/robinson. Great press.

The Charlotte first will likely never convey. Maybe 3 + CHA 1st + Future protected 1st could make sense.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#63 » by theBigLip » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:18 pm

gswhoops wrote:
theBigLip wrote:Pistons are in the same boat. If they win the lottery, I’d hope they trade it. Risasher or Sarr if they have to pick. But I’d swap it for a 2025 unprotected first plus extras. The top 5 drafted this year would likely have a problem getting into the top ten next year. So as long as you make a trade with a likely lottery team, you’re probably going to be fine.

So get the 2025 unprotected pick plus…
Washington: Avdija
Charlotte: another future pick
San Antonio: Vassell or Johnson

If I were a bottom five team I don’t think I’d trade a 2025 1st unprotected for the 2024 #1 overall pick straight up, let alone add pretty substantial value (based on your examples).

Even though I made those proposals, I agree with you that a top 5 team shouldn’t make that swap. My proposals were from a Pistons standpoint. Make one of those trades if possible, if not, take Risacher or Sarr.

It’s a moot point anyway. Pistons have the worst lottery luck and will probably pick 5 or 6 :banghead:
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#64 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:54 pm

Offering our pick back does nothing as its not going to convey. So we aren't trading back for 2 seconds
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#65 » by GoBobs » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:38 pm

I would probably call OKC and see if they want to move up. Maybe they want Cody Williams more than anyone else. They have more picks to spend than anyone else and likely can't use them all anyway.

If that doesn't work out, probably best to just pick your favorite player and draft him.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Post#66 » by HornetJail » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:57 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Towns.

This would solve Wolves money troubles. Now, Wolves really don’t want to wait for a rookie, so some win-now players would be needed. Maybe Grant and Micic would have some value.

Wolves would have to love either Topic as PGOF or Sarr as eventual Towns replacement.

i would be overjoyed to trade #1, Grant, and other stuff for KAT
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#67 » by tmorgan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:54 am

GoBobs wrote:I would probably call OKC and see if they want to move up. Maybe they want Cody Williams more than anyone else. They have more picks to spend than anyone else and likely can't use them all anyway.

If that doesn't work out, probably best to just pick your favorite player and draft him.

If you draft Cody Williams #1 overall you’re just throwing 25 million in the toilet. There’s zero chance that kid does anything in his first two years. He’s a project.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Post#68 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:08 am

Duncan/Robinson had post and mid range. Wemby/Sarr aren't those kind of bigs.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#69 » by Xman » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:40 pm

Sarr might not have range but Wemby does.

Still, if CHA came out at #1 and SA get the TOR pick at #7 (along with its own pick in top 4) - - then I would offer #7 plus to move up six spots.

The plus:
2024 first round draft pick from Charlotte: Charlotte's 1st round pick to San Antonio protected for selections 1-14 in 2024 and 1-14 in 2025; if Charlotte has not conveyed a 1st round pick to San Antonio by 2025, then Charlotte will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round draft pick to San Antonio.
2025 first round draft pick from Chicago: Chicago's 1st round pick to San Antonio protected for selections 1-10 in 2025, 1-8 in 2026 and 1-8 in 2027; if Chicago has not conveyed a 1st round pick to San Antonio by 2027, then Chicago will instead convey its 2028 2nd round pick to San Antonio.

Might need to get some 2nds back for two picks though.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Post#70 » by HornetJail » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:37 pm

The Charlotte pick is already going to become 2 2nds. That shouldn't be a factor in any trade of this magnitude. Chicago could also be looking at an extended rebuild, though I do like the chances of it eventually conveying, it definitely couldn't as well.

You probably need another actual pick alongside the Chicago pick but I would entertain any and all trade down or out opportunities in this sea of question mark prospects. I either want an established player (like KAT) or several bites at the apple to add talent all over the roster.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#71 » by nate33 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:48 pm

theBigLip wrote:Pistons are in the same boat. If they win the lottery, I’d hope they trade it. Risasher or Sarr if they have to pick. But I’d swap it for a 2025 unprotected first plus extras. The top 5 drafted this year would likely have a problem getting into the top ten next year. So as long as you make a trade with a likely lottery team, you’re probably going to be fine.

Nice idea, except the Wizards are thinking the same thing. How about we trade the #1 to Detroit for your 2025 plus Ausar or Ivey?

It doesn't seem so intriguing when it's flipped the other way around, does it?
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#72 » by theBigLip » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:10 pm

nate33 wrote:

Nice idea, except the Wizards are thinking the same thing. How about we trade the #1 to Detroit for your 2025 plus Ausar or Ivey?

It doesn't seem so intriguing when it's flipped the other way around, does it?

Agreed. I didn’t say it was fair, but that’s the type of trade I’d look for. And it only takes one GM to take the bait. If one can’t be found, Sarr and Risacher both seem to have NBA starter potential, so that would be the default.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,499

Post#73 » by jayjaysee » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:13 pm

If Detroit had their 2025 first, I think they’d pay to have a second top 5 first this year. They want the rebuild to be over, so drafting Sarr and Topic and overpaying “Harris and Bridges”..

Everyone wants SA to trade for Trae or another star, so I don’t see any hesitation on doing Keldon+2025 first..

Charlotte does it to draft Sarr and either Topic or a forward..

Washington’s really the only team too far away from coming out of the rebuild to consider that idea..
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#74 » by theBigLip » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:09 pm

jayjaysee wrote:If Detroit had their 2025 first, I think they’d pay to have a second top 5 first this year. They want the rebuild to be over, so drafting Sarr and Topic and overpaying “Harris and Bridges”....

Pistons do have their 2025 pick. It’s protected and they are not going to have to relinquish it next year unless they make the playoffs.

Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2024, 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027; if Detroit has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2027, then Detroit will instead convey its 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Detroit-Houston, 11/24/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#75 » by jayjaysee » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:17 pm

theBigLip wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:If Detroit had their 2025 first, I think they’d pay to have a second top 5 first this year. They want the rebuild to be over, so drafting Sarr and Topic and overpaying “Harris and Bridges”....

Pistons do have their 2025 pick. It’s protected and they are not going to have to relinquish it next year unless they make the playoffs.

Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2024, 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027; if Detroit has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2027, then Detroit will instead convey its 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Detroit-Houston, 11/24/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

They can’t trade it though. They could trade a swap of it, if they keep it.

Or if they get an unrelated low value (very late) projected 2025 or 2026 first with no protections, they could trade the first with opposite protection.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 797

Post#76 » by KdoubleDees23 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:05 am

This draft is horrible. You could trade a bench warmer for the #1 and get a deal
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,498

Post#77 » by Wolveswin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:42 am

KdoubleDees23 wrote:This draft is horrible. You could trade a bench warmer for the #1 and get a deal

If one could thumbs down, this would be it.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#78 » by Diop » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:37 am

HornetJail wrote:

This would solve Wolves money troubles. Now, Wolves really don’t want to wait for a rookie, so some win-now players would be needed. Maybe Grant and Micic would have some value.

Wolves would have to love either Topic as PGOF or Sarr as eventual Towns replacement.

I like Grant and we have some cap room to play with, how about Bridges sign and trade and the 1st?

Bridges would add athletic scoring at the 4 while being a discount due to his prior dramas.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#79 » by jayjaysee » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:31 am

Diop wrote:
HornetJail wrote:

I like Grant and we have some cap room to play with, how about Bridges sign and trade and the 1st?

Bridges would add athletic scoring at the 4 while being a discount due to his prior dramas.

Would be pretty tough for Minnesota to hard cap themselves by taking in a sign and trade. Would be real close to the apron even if Bridges only got 20 million..
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#80 » by Diop » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:32 am

jayjaysee wrote:
Diop wrote:
HornetJail wrote:i would be overjoyed to trade #1, Grant, and other stuff for KAT

Would be pretty tough for Minnesota to hard cap themselves by taking in a sign and trade. Would be real close to the apron even if Bridges only got 20 million..

Fair enough, I hadn’t looked at their cap at all

Return to Trades and Transactions