Charlotte lands the #1 pick what are you offering?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Charlotte lands the #1 pick what are you offering? 

Post#1 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:16 pm

Just curious wanted the fans perspective on the value of the #1 pick. Say Charlotte lands the #1 pick and decided to put it on the trade block what kind of offers are they looking at?
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Re: Charlotte lands the #1 pick what are you offering? 

Post#2 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:17 pm

I'll start off #1 pick for Trey Murphy straight up.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#3 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:25 pm

I would select C. Williams, I won't lie, I haven't seen him play a single game, but I have seen his brother play and he is bigger and projects better (at the same age).
1+1=11
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,887

Post#4 » by Colbinii » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:31 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:I would select C. Williams, I won't lie, I haven't seen him play a single game, but I have seen his brother play and he is bigger and projects better (at the same age).

You should watch him play :lol:
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,499

Post#5 » by Wolveswin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:39 pm

Towns.

This would solve Wolves money troubles. Now, Wolves really don’t want to wait for a rookie, so some win-now players would be needed. Maybe Grant and Micic would have some value.

Wolves would have to love either Topic as PGOF or Sarr as eventual Towns replacement.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:42 pm

I don't think Utah has an appealing set of assets they'd be willing to offer for 1. Best I can think of is something like 9 + our worst 2025 1st. But, Charlotte is going to want the marketability of having the first pick and to have their choice of prospects even if this is a terrible draft.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#7 » by Colbinii » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:49 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I don't think Utah has an appealing set of assets they'd be willing to offer for 1. Best I can think of is something like 9 + our worst 2025 1st. But, Charlotte is going to want the marketability of having the first pick and to have their choice of prospects even if this is a terrible draft.

You mean best or 2nd best?

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#8 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:06 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:I would select C. Williams, I won't lie, I haven't seen him play a single game, but I have seen his brother play and he is bigger and projects better (at the same age).

I been watching him as of late and currently watching him right now. He's not even the player on his own team. Seems like he got over hyped because of his brother.

It honestly looks like he should return to school. He's been damn near invisible in the tournament.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#9 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:07 pm

Colbinii wrote:

You should watch him play :lol:

Literally what I just said.

If he's the #1 pick man this draft is really bad. I honestly like his teammate #23 more than him.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#10 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:08 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Towns.

This would solve Wolves money troubles. Now, Wolves really don’t want to wait for a rookie, so some win-now players would be needed. Maybe Grant and Micic would have some value.

Wolves would have to love either Topic as PGOF or Sarr as eventual Towns replacement.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:36 pm

Colbinii wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I don't think Utah has an appealing set of assets they'd be willing to offer for 1. Best I can think of is something like 9 + our worst 2025 1st. But, Charlotte is going to want the marketability of having the first pick and to have their choice of prospects even if this is a terrible draft.

Nope. I have no desire to have the first pick in this particular draft.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#12 » by Colbinii » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:37 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Right but offering #9 and a pick in 1 year that's 99% likely being in the 25-30 range isn't a serious offer.

I'll put it this way for Utah: They should be looking to add the highest possible potential player from this year's draft next to Keyonte George and Lauri Markkanen [I like Collin Sexton and Walker Kessler as well--warming up to Hendricks :wink: ].

I think #9 + Worst of MIN/CLE/UTA 1st is incredible value for Utah. I think Utah could even Top 3 or Top 5 protect the 1st or possibly send 2nd Worst.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#13 » by babyjax13 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:41 pm

Colbinii wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Right but offering #9 and a pick in 1 year that's 99% likely being in the 25-30 range isn't a serious offer.

"Just curious & wanted other fans perspectives on the value of the #1 pick."

That's my opinion, it's the least valuable #1 pick since 2013, if not 2000. I'd rather draft at 9 and keep my powder dry for a draft where the ROI is more certain. I think most teams are going to feel that way unless someone really shines in the pre-draft process.

JColl
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#14 » by Snakebites » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:56 pm

You never know, a team could really fall in love with one particular player.

But broadly, yeah. As a fan of a loss-leader I’ve never been less excited about a lottery (or less worried about falling into the 5-6 range).

The Pistons would probably love to move their lotto pick for a real basketball player, but it’s just not a good year to get good value by trading down or out.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#15 » by babyjax13 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:07 pm

Snakebites wrote:You never know, a team could really fall in love with one particular player.

But broadly, yeah. As a fan of a loss-leader I’ve never been less excited about a lottery (or less worried about falling into the 5-6 range).

The Pistons would probably love to move their lotto pick for a real basketball player, but it’s just not a good year to get good value by trading down or out.

There will certainly be a couple of really awesome players drafted this year. Maybe one of those guys goes first, but there is so much more uncertainty as to who it could be that... eh? But also front offices know more than me so if we made a good offer for it, then I'd assume we identified someone. There are prospects I like, but some of them will be there later, and the guy I'd take first (Rissacher) has some uncertainty. He's competitive but really inconsistent, has a nice stroke but can't create his own offense. Say he's Otto Porter Jr., maybe a little better - that's great but that's not the kind of guy you hope for at #1. Can do the same exercise for most guys, they all have one really glaring thing and it is worse than most years.

JColl
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Wolveswin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:17 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Towns.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

We will see how pre-draft process goes. Wolves would need one or both of those owed 27 1sts. Because I think the other idea if Wolves traded Towns for #1, would be to combine assets (owed 1sts from Hornets) plus own 31 (maybe player drafted own 24) for “the missing piece”. Grant and Micic (other filler) would be the ballast for that player to be named later.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Wolveswin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:21 pm

What about Markkanen?

Hornets can be a team who can trade for him, raise him and extend him right?

Ainge would sure have his shiny object in #1 overall.

Grant + Micic + #1 + 2x 27 1sts Owed Hornets (Heat and Mavs)

FOR

Markkanen + Sexton + #29

Mark Williams
Markkanen
Miller
Sexton
Ball

That is a pretty decent team.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#18 » by theBigLip » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:58 pm

Pistons are in the same boat. If they win the lottery, I’d hope they trade it. Risasher or Sarr if they have to pick. But I’d swap it for a 2025 unprotected first plus extras. The top 5 drafted this year would likely have a problem getting into the top ten next year. So as long as you make a trade with a likely lottery team, you’re probably going to be fine.

So get the 2025 unprotected pick plus…
Washington: Avdija
Charlotte: another future pick
San Antonio: Vassell or Johnson
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#19 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:59 pm

Wolveswin wrote:What about Markkanen?

Hornets can be a team who can trade for him, raise him and extend him right?

Ainge would sure have his shiny object in #1 overall.

Grant + Micic + #1 + 2x 27 1sts Owed Hornets (Heat and Mavs)

FOR

Markkanen + Sexton + #29

Mark Williams
Markkanen
Miller
Sexton
Ball

That is a pretty decent team.
Another solid trade.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#20 » by Norm2953 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:20 am

What would you want from Portland if they wanted the #1 pick?

Return to Trades and Transactions