Is it time for this? 10 Worst Contracts in the NBA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,112

Re: Is it time for this? 10 Worst Contracts in the NBA 

Post#41 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

moss_is_1 wrote:
nomansland wrote:I'll never take this board's views on worst contracts seriously after it voted MPJ's the 2nd worst in the league.

Well he did have 3 pretty major back injuries, that's a little scary...

And this at age 25 will be his first full NBA season. It’s like Duncan Robinson, if we voted today they wouldn’t be there but when the vote happened it made a lot of sense. Events occuring can change perceptions, who’d’ve thunk.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Post#42 » by tidho » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 pm

the article qualifies him out with a footnote, but even though he's only got one more year after this one... Ben Simmons needs to be on the list.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,660

Post#43 » by toooskies » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:
nomansland wrote:I'll never take this board's views on worst contracts seriously after it voted MPJ's the 2nd worst in the league.

Well he did have 3 pretty major back injuries, that's a little scary...

And this at age 25 will be his first full NBA season. It’s like Duncan Robinson, if we voted today they wouldn’t be there but when the vote happened it made a lot of sense. Events occuring can change perceptions, who’d’ve thunk.

Even when healthy he's only a 17/7/1.5 guy with average-at-best defense. In no world is that a player who deserves a max contract. Should probably be making <$25m a year like Cam Johnson.

There honestly aren't a lot of bad contracts in the league either, since there hasn't been (and won't be) a cap spike where half the teams in the league have to spend money to keep up.
balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 210

Post#44 » by balsamic_ducks » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:45 pm

tidho wrote:the article qualifies him out with a footnote, but even though he's only got one more year after this one... Ben Simmons needs to be on the list.

He's an expiring at this point. Teams looking to clear out future salary may even view his contract as a positive. no one is trading for Ben Simmons the player, but i can see a team trading for a $40m expiring
flranger
Senior
And1: 822

Post#45 » by flranger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 pm

I think Beal is by far the worst since PHX is over 2nd apron and the rules are so restrictive to even try to trade him, plus the no trade clause. He is and will remain an absolute anchor for their franchise.

Return to Trades and Transactions