Josh Green to Utah

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Josh Green to Utah 

Post#1 » by daoneandonly » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:10 pm

Utah gets: Josh Green
Dallas gets: 31st pick 2024 draft (2nd round)

Utah has two firsts, so 3 rookies seems a bit unlikely. Josh Green fills a guard need for thembwith league experience, but still young. They have the room to take him into cap space I believe.

Dallas doesn't have much picks in the future, so they can try something here. Try to se money to retain Derrick Jones and maybe make a run at Naji Marshall
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,753

Re: Josh Green to Utah 

Post#2 » by eminence » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:23 pm

I'd decline. Utah would have to think Green was going to outplay his contract, but I don't really see it. He's not bad, but isn't notable and hasn't shown much progression.

Utah can just use the money to sign a Green caliber guy and keep pick #31.
I bought a boat.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,032

Post#3 » by mg » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:32 pm

I think Utah is planning to take a few flyers with those picks they acquired at the deadline. It doesn't really make sense for them to deal youngish guys like Agbaji and Fontecchio for those picks and then just deal one away for Josh Green who probably doesn't project to be any better than the guys they just dealt. It's really tough to pry picks from a rebuilding team esp when Ainge is running the ship. I doubt they would want to pay Green 3/$41 mil which is why they dealt Fontecchio and Olynyk. Actually I doubt they pay anyone this summer in order to give that money to Lauri in an extension, assuming they don't trade him.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,299

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:49 pm

utah probably keeps its capspace to reneg and extend markkanen
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,836

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:17 pm

eminence wrote:I'd decline. Utah would have to think Green was going to outplay his contract, but I don't really see it. He's not bad, but isn't notable and hasn't shown much progression.

Utah can just use the money to sign a Green caliber guy and keep pick #31.
Yeah I can't see Utah giving up space for Green much less add in any kind of asset. Think they learned from the Collins misstep.

On the flip side even though it's a value win for Dallas I'd need to know what they are doing with the spending power.

OP hates him but he's better for this team than Hardaway or Hardy. And Jones isn't likely to have to take the min again. Making Green even more important.

Sent from my SM-A136U using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:51 pm

I'd counter with:

Collins + 31
for
Green + expiring filler

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#7 » by daoneandonly » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:27 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I'd counter with:

Collins + 31
for
Green + expiring filler

I don't think that's particularly close. Chuck is correct in that I hate Green, but he's far more valuable than Collins
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#8 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:53 am

daoneandonly wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I'd counter with:

Collins + 31
for
Green + expiring filler

I don't think that's particularly close. Chuck is correct in that I hate Green, but he's far more valuable than Collins

Green's contract goes longer than Collins and he is a worse player, but Collins makes more. I'm not sure what their relative value is, but I'd bet it is similar, especially since Collins has had a bounce back season where he has shown he is a credible if uninspiring threat from three (which honestly describes him as a player).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,836

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:31 pm

I think jax is probably about right on value. Not sure I'd call Collins a better player. He puts up more attractive stats for sure, but I think Green probably slots into a competitive team just as well and possibly even better. Green can help you while not scoring at all. Collins needs to be giving offensive production. And with Lively/Gafford just much better center options, he's hurt by his ability to be strictly a 4 in Dallas.

I'd have no interest in a swap. Now if the new Vegas group is willing to spend, something around THJ for Collins might be interesting.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,299

Post#10 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:19 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I think jax is probably about right on value. Not sure I'd call Collins a better player. He puts up more attractive stats for sure, but I think Green probably slots into a competitive team just as well and possibly even better. Green can help you while not scoring at all. Collins needs to be giving offensive production. And with Lively/Gafford just much better center options, he's hurt by his ability to be strictly a 4 in Dallas.

I'd have no interest in a swap. Now if the new Vegas group is willing to spend, something around THJ for Collins might be interesting.

Why do you want collins when you already have kleber and PJ at the 4?
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:17 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I think jax is probably about right on value. Not sure I'd call Collins a better player. He puts up more attractive stats for sure, but I think Green probably slots into a competitive team just as well and possibly even better. Green can help you while not scoring at all. Collins needs to be giving offensive production. And with Lively/Gafford just much better center options, he's hurt by his ability to be strictly a 4 in Dallas.

Why do you want collins when you already have kleber and PJ at the 4?

I agree that the need for Collins is likely gone.

JColl
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,499

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:01 pm

It’s a win on value for Dallas, but DJJ shouldn’t cost more than the tax MLE right? So this isn’t about keeping him.

Dallas needs to add talent while KAI is still playing this way. So getting a big TPE and an early 2nd for a useful matching contract- feels incomplete. If this had a third team getting 31+?? and Dallas landing a starting player, I say you add a future second (2025 toronto second) or two to get Utah to do OP.

Utah would have to like Green a bit and be willing to trade Clarkson if the plan is to give Lauri the full 25 million possible.. But would add a couple seconds to get it done..

But think Utah cuts themselves out, or the third team cuts them out, of that idealistic consolidation trade..

I don’t even love Collins for Green/Maxi. And I’m sure Utah would never consider that.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#13 » by dirkforpres » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:38 pm

I think Dallas hangs on to Josh if this is what the return is for him. Im not a huge fan of his game, but hes young enough and serviceable enough to be more than just a cap casualty in any trade.

I imagine there will be dozens upon dozens of Green and Kleber/THJ packages that get thrown around after the season wraps.
FIRE JASON KIDD

Return to Trades and Transactions