CWhite to Orl (Part of 2 step Bulls' Blowup)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,639

Re: CWhite to Orl (Part of 2 step Bulls' Blowup) 

Post#21 » by Skybox » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:18 am

Love it for ORL. White is the type of scoring guard they need and they will be heading into deeper cap water over the next couple of summers with rookie extensions. White is on a solid contract and is more than enough of what ORL lacks in their starting backcourt. ORL might throw bigger money at Monk, for example, for largely the same result.

Dont see it for CHI.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#22 » by pipfan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:22 pm

Dan Z wrote:
pipfan wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Why can't the Bulls showcase LaVine and keep Coby?

Fair question-I just don't see White/Lavine as a good match to start. I like Ayo/Lavine a lot more, with Caruso (and others) behind them.
Yes, the Bulls FO SHOULD blow it up, but they won't. I like Coby a lot, but this plan is built in 2 steps. They free up some $ and add the #19 pick (not what I'd consider a low pick) and the Den pick. I mentioned, maybe Chi could get Howard instead of the Den pick-not sure how good he is but Orl is loaded at the F spot so maybe they'd move him for Coby's shooting.

The owners would still have their name players to start the year, and sell tickets. Then, once Lavine's doing well and has value back-we trade him (and DDR/Caruso/Drummond) to add picks/expiring salaries and tank the last part of the year. We start the 2025-26 season with
Ayo/Terry/Phillips/PWill/#11 this summer/#19 this summer/our '25 1st (it's owed top 10 to SA, so that's why the Jan/Feb tank)
Plus the assets we get from dumping our vets, plus cap space. Probably just keep Vuc for that year, since he's a passable center.

I feel like the Bulls could get better value for Coby. The 19th pick in a draft that's not suppose to be good isn't very enticing. Plus, the Denver pick will probably be a late pick too.

That's my two cents, but I get the idea you're presenting here. It's not quite the plan I'd do, but I agree that they should rebuild. However, it's not what I think the front office will really do (as you point out...they won't).

The Bulls have a few issues going into next season that might be a distraction and Zach is one of them (I don't blame him for that). How do you showcase a player that you know will be traded asap? What does that do to the rest of the team? It's not exactly building comradery among the team.

They probably trade Zach and then there are more minutes for Coby, Ayo and AC. Hopefully Zach brings back something more than neutral value.

I'm not a Lavine fan, but he would probably fit back in well. DDR can't keep getting these minutes. I just don't like Coby next to Lavine at all. Ayo is perfect for him. If I thought Lavine could bring back even a bit of value this summer, I would be up for trading him-but I think his value will be clearly negative. Once he's back and being productive, and he's past the half way point on his monster deal, his value should reset and we can get some solid assets for him.

The FO sells the return of Ball/Lavine for the beginning of the year.

I did initially have it as Howard and the #19, but thought that (along with the cap space) would be too much. Howard might be a good fit long term next to Pwill. I do like the possible upside of the Den pick-only protected 1-5. Of course, they're a top team but one injury to Jokic (after another Finals run this spring) and with the depth of the West we could luck into a late lotto pick
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,245

Post#23 » by Dan Z » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:36 pm

pipfan wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
pipfan wrote:Fair question-I just don't see White/Lavine as a good match to start. I like Ayo/Lavine a lot more, with Caruso (and others) behind them.
Yes, the Bulls FO SHOULD blow it up, but they won't. I like Coby a lot, but this plan is built in 2 steps. They free up some $ and add the #19 pick (not what I'd consider a low pick) and the Den pick. I mentioned, maybe Chi could get Howard instead of the Den pick-not sure how good he is but Orl is loaded at the F spot so maybe they'd move him for Coby's shooting.

The owners would still have their name players to start the year, and sell tickets. Then, once Lavine's doing well and has value back-we trade him (and DDR/Caruso/Drummond) to add picks/expiring salaries and tank the last part of the year. We start the 2025-26 season with
Ayo/Terry/Phillips/PWill/#11 this summer/#19 this summer/our '25 1st (it's owed top 10 to SA, so that's why the Jan/Feb tank)
Plus the assets we get from dumping our vets, plus cap space. Probably just keep Vuc for that year, since he's a passable center.

I feel like the Bulls could get better value for Coby. The 19th pick in a draft that's not suppose to be good isn't very enticing. Plus, the Denver pick will probably be a late pick too.

That's my two cents, but I get the idea you're presenting here. It's not quite the plan I'd do, but I agree that they should rebuild. However, it's not what I think the front office will really do (as you point out...they won't).

The Bulls have a few issues going into next season that might be a distraction and Zach is one of them (I don't blame him for that). How do you showcase a player that you know will be traded asap? What does that do to the rest of the team? It's not exactly building comradery among the team.

They probably trade Zach and then there are more minutes for Coby, Ayo and AC. Hopefully Zach brings back something more than neutral value.

I'm not a Lavine fan, but he would probably fit back in well. DDR can't keep getting these minutes. I just don't like Coby next to Lavine at all. Ayo is perfect for him. If I thought Lavine could bring back even a bit of value this summer, I would be up for trading him-but I think his value will be clearly negative. Once he's back and being productive, and he's past the half way point on his monster deal, his value should reset and we can get some solid assets for him.

The FO sells the return of Ball/Lavine for the beginning of the year.

I did initially have it as Howard and the #19, but thought that (along with the cap space) would be too much. Howard might be a good fit long term next to Pwill. I do like the possible upside of the Den pick-only protected 1-5. Of course, they're a top team but one injury to Jokic (after another Finals run this spring) and with the depth of the West we could luck into a late lotto pick

I agree with you that Lavine probably doesn't have much value this off season and needs to play before that changes. Showcase him, trade him and move on.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#24 » by Devilanche » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

pipfan wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
pipfan wrote:It's trying to make Lavine a positive asset, and that the Bulls FO won't signal a full tank in July for the coming season. Ayo is a nice fit next to Lavine, so we can win some games and build his value up (having DDR cut his shots/minutes some). Then, once the season is 60-70% over around the deadline, we will the plus, but trade Lavine for positive value instead. If White is here, he and Zach are a bad fit.

It's an awkward approach to a blow up, but I think it works better and the team can sell more tickets then PRAY for lotto luck next year

Why can't the Bulls showcase LaVine and keep Coby?

Fair question-I just don't see White/Lavine as a good match to start. I like Ayo/Lavine a lot more, with Caruso (and others) behind them.

If you keep Lavine for positive value you do tank the value of your upcoming draft abit? Not sure if that’s counterproductive .

Totally get selling tickets angle though. End of day it’s a revenue call. People are willing buy ticket to see Lavine rather than White .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.

Return to Trades and Transactions