Caleb Martin S&T Options

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Re: Caleb Martin S&T Options 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:He will be a free agent this summer. It looks like he'll want something like MLE (he'll probably want more) and it's hard for the Heat to give that right now. There is a high probability that it is an S&T as in Strus. An athletic 3&D who has proven himself in the playoffs. He lost the East's best player award by 1 vote lol Who wants him and what gives it?

BBallFreak wrote:Yeah, I kinda think if we get anything at all for him it might be an expiring contract (probably rerouted to a third team) and like a second round pick from a team that doesn't want to use its MLE. We'll be lucky to get that.

Yeah. If Miami signs and trades Martin away and receives a player contract in return, they’d hard cap themselves at the second apron for next season, which would seem problematic for them?
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,238

Re: Caleb Martin S&T Options 

Post#22 » by BBallFreak » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:He will be a free agent this summer. It looks like he'll want something like MLE (he'll probably want more) and it's hard for the Heat to give that right now. There is a high probability that it is an S&T as in Strus. An athletic 3&D who has proven himself in the playoffs. He lost the East's best player award by 1 vote lol Who wants him and what gives it?

BBallFreak wrote:Yeah, I kinda think if we get anything at all for him it might be an expiring contract (probably rerouted to a third team) and like a second round pick from a team that doesn't want to use its MLE. We'll be lucky to get that.

Yeah. If Miami signs and trades Martin away and receives a player contract in return, they’d hard cap themselves at the second apron for next season, which would seem problematic for them?
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I think he either agrees to resign at a bargain rate or he's gone. I don't see a sign and trade as really being an option.

Return to Trades and Transactions