MIN/BRK/CHA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,887

Re: MIN/BRK/CHA 

Post#21 » by Colbinii » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:22 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Garland wouldn’t be quarters for a dollar though, it’s about as even a trade as you can get.

Why does Cleveland want to add a 3rd Center--the position both Mobley and Allen are maximized at?

I don't think Cleveland can afford Mobley/KAT/Mitchell/Allen/Struss.

Well it was just an example of a 3 team deal, under some specific, but not unrealistic circumstances.

Something like Cleveland realized Mitchell is gone and traded him somewhere not named Brooklyn.

Brooklyn trades for Trae Young, but retains some good assets.

Cleveland decides to blow it up because they think they’ll be bad anyway so the picks they sent to Utah are sunken cost anyway, and they received picks for Mitchell.

They send Garland to Minnesota, Wolves send KAT to Brooklyn, Nets send multiple picks to Cleveland.

That’s just the first one that came to mind.

Right --in theory a 3-team trade could work, but the first one you presented is just debunked.

Minnesota prefers Trae to Garland. Is Brooklyn okay taking Garland for a wealth of picks?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#22 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:25 pm

Colbinii wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Why does Cleveland want to add a 3rd Center--the position both Mobley and Allen are maximized at?

I don't think Cleveland can afford Mobley/KAT/Mitchell/Allen/Struss.

Well it was just an example of a 3 team deal, under some specific, but not unrealistic circumstances.

Something like Cleveland realized Mitchell is gone and traded him somewhere not named Brooklyn.

Brooklyn trades for Trae Young, but retains some good assets.

Cleveland decides to blow it up because they think they’ll be bad anyway so the picks they sent to Utah are sunken cost anyway, and they received picks for Mitchell.

They send Garland to Minnesota, Wolves send KAT to Brooklyn, Nets send multiple picks to Cleveland.

That’s just the first one that came to mind.

Right --in theory a 3-team trade could work, but the first one you presented is just debunked.

Minnesota prefers Trae to Garland. Is Brooklyn okay taking Garland for a wealth of picks?

I don’t see Minnesota being able to outbid Brooklyn, it was a separate precursor deal.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,240

Post#23 » by amcoolio » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:26 pm

Charlotte unprotected picks can easily get KAT. If Minny doesn't want the picks, I'm sure some team will fork over their fringe/all-star for the picks. Minnesota's cap is a bit of a mess the next two years if they keep everyone. Most everyone agrees there's a player out there that fits better with Ant, Reid and Gobert.

Not saying Charlotte should do it btw. I just think its the most likely splash trade for Charlotte this summer since they have the picks and are looking to win next season with a new owner, new front office, new coach, a ton of cap space, two young stars in LaMelo and Miller and likely top 4 pick
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,499

Post#24 » by Wolveswin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 am

amcoolio wrote:Charlotte unprotected picks can easily get KAT. If Minny doesn't want the picks, I'm sure some team will fork over their fringe/all-star for the picks. Minnesota's cap is a bit of a mess the next two years if they keep everyone. Most everyone agrees there's a player out there that fits better with Ant, Reid and Gobert.

Not saying Charlotte should do it btw. I just think its the most likely splash trade for Charlotte this summer since they have the picks and are looking to win next season with a new owner, new front office, new coach, a ton of cap space, two young stars in LaMelo and Miller and likely top 4 pick

What about Miller? Meaning, would Hornets rather keep top 3 pick and include Miller? I think Miller and McDaniels would be fantastic pairing.

And in theory, Hornets could keep more assets, have a follow up trade for another star.

For example…

To Wolves: Miller + Grant + Micic + Mavs/Heat 1sts

To Jazz: #1 (2024 Hornets 1st) + 27/29/31 Hornets 1sts + Bertans

To Hornets: Markkanen + Towns + Sexton + Moore Jr

Mark Williams
Towns
Markkanen
Sexton
Ball
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#25 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 am

Miller is 600% not available
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Post#26 » by HornetJail » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 am

luciano-davidwesley wrote:Miller is 600% not available

you can add a couple zeros to that lol

also @Wolveswin, that is an insane offer for Markkanen ... #1 even in this draft, plus 3 unprotected 1sts from a team that is precarious at best is netting a much better player than Lauri if one was available to us.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#27 » by Rich4114 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 pm

I think the Nets would be very smart to move Bridges for a pile of picks if they could. Even better if they could off-load Simmons as part of that. Hornets would be a great fit for a trade of that nature since they now have picks they could deal including their pick in this draft which could be as high as #1 but likely no less than 6.

I also think the KAT contract is something MN will have to move off of at some point and if I'm them, I've watched too many losing seasons with KAT as the primary guy to want him pushing me into tax hell. Given MN has a gaping hole of picks due to the Gobert trade, they could replenish that with a deal like this. I think they'd do it if they feel they can maintain their top 3 WC spot and contend with what they have on the floor right now (it's looking like they can).

Return to Trades and Transactions