76ers mock offseason

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,765

Re: 76ers mock offseason 

Post#21 » by theBigLip » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:52 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:Poor Tobias. :lol:

Dude, Tobias has been paid 150% of his market value for years and will probably get another big contract from a crappy team .

Totally agree. He’s been paid way too well. I just hope the Pistons are not the team to throw him one more bag.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,639

Post#22 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:39 am

PG sounds nice, but most likely they will have to settle for Miles Bridges on a max. He's their new Tobias Harris.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 721

Post#23 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:55 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:PG sounds nice, but most likely they will have to settle for Miles Bridges on a max. He's their new Tobias Harris.

Miles Bridges has badly sucked this year so probably not!

It's really funny how Hornets fans seem to think all of their terrible players are only terrible because of Clifford when Clifford is completely fine.

Good on the Hornets for tricking three teams into trading for their trash this year though. Hayward, Rozier, and PJ Washington weren't held back by Clifford, they just suck at basketball.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,739

Post#24 » by DowJones » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:15 pm

I don't see the Clippers letting PG walk and PG obviously wants to stay in LA. The 2 sides are likely to work things out.

I also don't understand what Utah would be doing trading Lauri this summer when his value would seemingly be at its lowest. I thought they decided they wanted to keep him for the long-haul last year when thy opted against trading him. You can't keep him for 2 years, let him play well enough to decrease the value of your 2023 and 2024 1st round picks, then trade him when he is on the last year of his deal for about $.50 on the dollar. That would be terrible management.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 721

Post#25 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:20 pm

The thing is that the Clippers are not good and this is about as good as they could ever be as Kawhi, George, and Harden should all be worse next season.

So Paul George would passing on a title team to play for a fringe playoff team if he re-signs with the Clippers.

This is also a massive overpay for Paul George from the 76ers side that the Clippers would probably not want to offer.

So would George take less money to play for a much worse team so he could stay in LA until he's eventually traded for draft picks?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,860

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:47 pm

Clippers are 20 games over .500, have a top 7 SRS and have one of the all-time playoff killers on their roster. To say they aren't good requires us to simply re-define the word good until its meaningless.

Not sure the point of gaslighting to defend one's ideas here, but its better when we don't.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,739

Post#27 » by DowJones » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:48 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:The thing is that the Clippers are not good and this is about as good as they could ever be as Kawhi, George, and Harden should all be worse next season.

So Paul George would passing on a title team to play for a fringe playoff team if he re-signs with the Clippers.

This is also a massive overpay for Paul George from the 76ers side that the Clippers would probably not want to offer.

So would George take less money to play for a much worse team so he could stay in LA until he's eventually traded for draft picks?

The Clippers are good though. Saying they are not good is just unreasonable. Philly doesn't exactly have championship DNA themselves. Thy have an injury-prone 300 pound center that just entered his 30's and their GM seems to be disliked by most of the star players he comes across.

I just think it is fantasy to say that Philly=title team while LAC=bad. Even if PG was only focused on the best possible team to compete for a title, why wouldn't he return to OKC? He can play on a younger team that is loaded with assets for the future and he wouldn't have to worry about whether or not an aging Joel Embiid will survive a regular season healthy enough to be in top form come the playoffs.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,639

Post#28 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:18 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:PG sounds nice, but most likely they will have to settle for Miles Bridges on a max. He's their new Tobias Harris.

Miles Bridges has badly sucked this year so probably not!

It's really funny how Hornets fans seem to think all of their terrible players are only terrible because of Clifford when Clifford is completely fine.

Good on the Hornets for tricking three teams into trading for their trash this year though. Hayward, Rozier, and PJ Washington weren't held back by Clifford, they just suck at basketball.
Bro beefing with Charlotte because they finessing teams in trades. :lol:
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#29 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:04 pm

theBigLip wrote:Poor Tobias. :lol:

Where do you think he ends up?
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#30 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:12 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Clippers are 20 games over .500, have a top 7 SRS and have one of the all-time playoff killers on their roster. To say they aren't good requires us to simply re-define the word good until its meaningless.

Not sure the point of gaslighting to defend one's ideas here, but its better when we don't.

I think the Clips are pretty stacked but their stars are kinda old and have had a lot of injuries. I would not say they're bad by any means but I don't think they can get past Denver, OKC or Minn unless their guys are all really healthy at the right time. Maybe they run it all back for another go at it in 2024-25, but if it looks like it's not working out I could see them resetting it.

Return to Trades and Transactions