PHX-MEM (assuming PHX misses postseason or loses in first round)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

PHX-MEM (assuming PHX misses postseason or loses in first round) 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:33 pm

Memphis gets: Kevin Durant
Phoenix gets: Marcus Smart, JJJ

Why for Phoenix: Get some desperately needed defense and depth
Why for Memphis: Honestly, I don't like the fit of Smart or JJJ with Ja at all. I think he needs a lot more shooting around him at SF and PF. JJJ is too small to play center and there's not many great stretch 5s out there... The Grizzlies have enough picks to get a SF and C and have matching salary to make those moves as well.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Re: PHX-MEM (assuming PHX misses postseason or loses in first round) 

Post#2 » by esvl » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:22 pm

Should Memphis be able to land Claxton, I would see them considering this idea. Otherwise, Memphis would be left without frontcourt.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

Post#3 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:31 pm

esvl wrote:Should Memphis be able to land Claxton, I would see them considering this idea. Otherwise, Memphis would be left without frontcourt.

I think they could get Kessler, Hartenstein, or Claxton with their assets. Then they have Clarke as a backup PF/C off the bench and they're pretty set. Could sign CP3 to the minimum to have a good backup PG too... Getting a SF is a little tougher.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 816

Post#4 » by tester551 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:50 pm

I like this framework... I feel Suns would need/want just a bit more value here.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Post#5 » by esvl » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
esvl wrote:Should Memphis be able to land Claxton, I would see them considering this idea. Otherwise, Memphis would be left without frontcourt.

I think they could get Kessler, Hartenstein, or Claxton with their assets. Then they have Clarke as a backup PF/C off the bench and they're pretty set. Could sign CP3 to the minimum to have a good backup PG too... Getting a SF is a little tougher.

1. We are good at PG with Vince, Pippen, Bane as backup options.
2. Clarke is not a rim protector. We need Claxton.
3. We have Vince and GG as SF, in addition to Konchar. Ziare, and LaRavia, it is not the hottest issue anymore.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Post#6 » by Slim Charless » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:38 pm

tester551 wrote:I like this framework... I feel Suns would need/want just a bit more value here.

The Nurk and J³ fit would be interesting. I'd love Smart on this team next to Booker but Beal is already at the 2. If he'd agree to come off the bench that'd be a great combo there.

I'm not really sure that KD would wanna go to MEM though. I feel if we trade him, it'd be to either NYK or OKC. They seem to me to be the only teams that really seem like he'd be fine to go to and have assests to aquire him.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,557

Post#7 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

KD is not reliable enough for a small market team , I´d rather keep JJJ
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today

Return to Trades and Transactions