Best offers for LaMelo Ball?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: Best offers for LaMelo Ball? 

Post#21 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:55 pm

GoBobs wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:You’d have to be a brain dead GM to trade LaMelo

yeah, we are not trading him, and he is not really that injured. Just no reason to bring him back in a season where we have nothing to play for.

Trading him now would be a mistake his value is down due to his injuries so it's best to keep him and hope 2024-25 his a healthy year for him.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Post#22 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:13 pm

Rich4114 wrote:Of course JustBuzzin snuck over here to post this. Yes good idea, let's trade a 23 year old budding superstar before his max contract even kicks in for pennies on the dollar to make sure Charlotte stays a bottom feeder for at least 4 more years.

This post is reactionary to the news that LaMelo isn't playing in the final 10 meaningless games for the Hornets. Fans are upset he's not coming back when anyone with a brain knew this as soon as he didn't return shortly after the ASB. There is no reason to risk setting him back on the ankle once again just because.

What do you mean I snuck over here?

I'm pretty vocal in every sub that I visit. One thing about Buzzin he gonna speak his mind. I'm just trying to see what kind of value he has around the league.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#23 » by Rich4114 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:Of course JustBuzzin snuck over here to post this. Yes good idea, let's trade a 23 year old budding superstar before his max contract even kicks in for pennies on the dollar to make sure Charlotte stays a bottom feeder for at least 4 more years.

This post is reactionary to the news that LaMelo isn't playing in the final 10 meaningless games for the Hornets. Fans are upset he's not coming back when anyone with a brain knew this as soon as he didn't return shortly after the ASB. There is no reason to risk setting him back on the ankle once again just because.

I'm pretty vocal in every sub that I visit. One thing about Buzzin he gonna speak his mind. I'm just trying to see what kind of value he has around the league.

Pretty much any time there is LaMelo news or Brandon Miller has a really good game, you become vocal about trading LaMelo. Just saying. Not trying to insult you or anything, I just hard disagree with the notion of trading LaMelo given the circumstances. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the organization views it the same way.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#24 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Pretty much any time there is LaMelo news or Brandon Miller has a really good game, you become vocal about trading LaMelo. Just saying. Not trying to insult you or anything, I just hard disagree with the notion of trading LaMelo given the circumstances. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the organization views it the same way.
Bro you acting weird right now. This is a trade topic forum.

This is not the first time I made a trade proposal. I think you reading too much into it.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#25 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:

I wouldn't have any idea on a value for him because he just hasn't played much the last 2 years. I'd hold if I had him. His upside is huge and the cost of him is baked in the cake.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,240

Post#26 » by amcoolio » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:25 pm

There are few I'd (realistic targets) probably trade Ball for, one being Cade, the other being Green + Eason. But I agree Charlotte isn't trading him, I think with better coach, team, front office, ownership, and infrastructure he will be very good next year
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,500

Post#27 » by Wolveswin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:50 pm

Ball + Mark Williams + Grant Williams + #2

FOR

Banchero + Black + WCJ + #19

Hornets reset, but have two legit pillars to build around in Banchero and Miller with wildcard Black, NSJ, or draft pick joins them.

Magic get a legit PG, a new center, and #2 (Sarr) backfill Banchero.

Mark Williams
Isaac | Grant | Sarr (start when ready)
Wagner
Suggs
Ball
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Post#28 » by jjohns828 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:25 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Ball + Mark Williams + Grant Williams + #2

FOR

Hornets reset, but have two legit pillars to build around in Banchero and Miller with wildcard Black, NSJ, or draft pick joins them.

Mark Williams
Wagner
Suggs
Ball

This seems like a significantly bad trade for Orlando. I have Banchero as more valuable than Ball, by a significant margin when you consider his injury history and upcoming contract. Even if you say 2> Black, WCJ, and 19 it's not enough to overcome how much I'd rather have Banchero to Ball.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#29 » by Wolveswin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:43 pm

jjohns828 wrote:

FOR

Mark Williams
Wagner
Suggs
Ball

This seems like a significantly bad trade for Orlando. I have Banchero as more valuable than Ball, by a significant margin when you consider his injury history and upcoming contract. Even if you say 2> Black, WCJ, and 19 it's not enough to overcome how much I'd rather have Banchero to Ball.

I too have Banchero > Ball but I think you are breaking down trade wrong. Or at least choosing to forget Mark Williams.
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Post#30 » by jjohns828 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:48 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
jjohns828 wrote:

FOR

Mark Williams
Wagner
Suggs
Ball

I too have Banchero > Ball but I think you are breaking down trade wrong. Or at least choosing to forget Mark Williams.

Even factoring in Williams I still have it as a bad trade for the Magic. Ball is too unreliable and no one in the draft has the same upside as Banchero. Williams doesn't change that and there is no point in giving up Banchero in a package where we don't get a surefire superstar player.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,179

Post#31 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:32 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
GoBobs wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:You’d have to be a brain dead GM to trade LaMelo

yeah, we are not trading him, and he is not really that injured. Just no reason to bring him back in a season where we have nothing to play for.

Trading him now would be a mistake his value is down due to his injuries so it's best to keep him and hope 2024-25 his a healthy year for him.

Agreed. Even professional front offices tend to suffer from recency bias. The only risk is he never has a healthy season and so you can never get his injury history in the rear view.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Wolveswin » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:54 am

jjohns828 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
jjohns828 wrote:

Even factoring in Williams I still have it as a bad trade for the Magic. Ball is too unreliable and no one in the draft has the same upside as Banchero. Williams doesn't change that and there is no point in giving up Banchero in a package where we don't get a surefire superstar player.

That is a fair opinion.

But even with Banchero in offer, Magic don’t have assets for a superstar that would fit the bill you describe. Those superstars go to a team with more assets. Ball is in Magic price point, but if his star status is too injury tarnished, that is fair opinion.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#33 » by Laimbeer » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:27 pm

amcoolio wrote:There are few I'd (realistic targets) probably trade Ball for, one being Cade, the other being Green + Eason. But I agree Charlotte isn't trading him, I think with better coach, team, front office, ownership, and infrastructure he will be very good next year

I was about to throw Cade out and see which side beat me up worse. Maybe Charlotte is more open to a tear down while the Pistons have been so bad that Weaver is just desperate for a more proven player?
BuzzCity
Rookie
And1: 608

Post#34 » by BuzzCity » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:58 am

Last season I was having conversations with some of my hornet fan buddies about if they would consider a Melo for Mikal Bridges deal. Of course they were totally against it.

But man I can’t get the thought out of my head at the possibility of this roster:

PG - Top 4 pick
SG - Miller
SF - Mikal
PF - Miles
C - Mark Williams

Obviously had we made that deal last offseason, we wouldn’t have been bad enough for a top 4 pick. At least I wouldn’t think so.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#35 » by hcsilla » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:23 am

Even without his injuries his value would be limited.

He is a creative scorer and passer but ineffective as a scorer, too flashy as a passer and unfocused as a defender while apart from his sophomore year has shown no progress.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#36 » by luciano-davidwesley » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:41 am

hcsilla wrote:Even without his injuries his value would be limited.

He is a creative scorer and passer but ineffective as a scorer, too flashy as a passer and unfocused as a defender while apart from his sophomore year has shown no progress.

I think this is a clear outlier opinion. Injuries are what have curtailed the majority of his progress.
hcsilla
RealGM

Post#37 » by hcsilla » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:48 am

I just described what I see when I watch him play. Obviously, Hornets fans might overrate him.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#38 » by Rich4114 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:43 pm

hcsilla wrote:I just described what I see when I watch him play. Obviously, Hornets fans might overrate him.

Did you happen to watch the Hornets both with and without him? Because there's a pretty big difference in how they play when he's on the floor, for the better.
hcsilla
RealGM

Post#39 » by hcsilla » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:12 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
hcsilla wrote:I just described what I see when I watch him play. Obviously, Hornets fans might overrate him.

Did you happen to watch the Hornets both with and without him? Because there's a pretty big difference in how they play when he's on the floor, for the better.

For sure, since he is still their best player which says a bit more about the Hornets than about Ball himself.

That still doesn't really affect what I said about him.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#40 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:07 pm

BuzzCity wrote:Last season I was having conversations with some of my hornet fan buddies about if they would consider a Melo for Mikal Bridges deal. Of course they were totally against it.

But man I can’t get the thought out of my head at the possibility of this roster:

PG - Top 4 pick
SG - Miller
SF - Mikal
PF - Miles
C - Mark Williams

Obviously had we made that deal last offseason, we wouldn’t have been bad enough for a top 4 pick. At least I wouldn’t think so.
I would do this as a Hornets fan, but there is no way Brooklyn takes on another injury prone player after just taking Simmons. That would literally bury that franchise if both these guys are sitting on the bench making crazy money.

Return to Trades and Transactions