Bruce Brown for Patrick Williams

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Jtoneller1
Junior
And1: 183

Bruce Brown for Patrick Williams  

Post#1 » by Jtoneller1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 pm

Let's say the Raptors pick up Brown's TO and trade him and the Indiana 1st for a S&Td Patrick Williams.

Toronto gets the big wing defender and OG replacement. Chicago gets a FRP and a large expiring.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Re: Bruce Brown for Patrick Williams 

Post#2 » by ChettheJet » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 pm

I don't think the pick will be good enough for the Bulls to take the large, even if, expiring contract. Brown soaks up a lot of cap space taking away options for a guy who isn't better than Williams. At best they draft another Brown/Williams type player who they will have to wait a year or three to see if he develops into more than the other two. They have the choice of finding a way to start Williams at the 3 under the qualifying offer or signing him or just giving up

Aside from that, the Bulls would look very bad if Williams reaches his potential in TOR and they look like they learned nothing from trading Lauri Markkanen only to see him blossom given the playing time the Bulls wouldn't give him.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,182

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 pm

It's not a T.O. it's a qualifying offer. Partick Williams can be S&T if he agrees. He can also just sign an offer sheet and then the team with his rights can match, or not. If he plays on the Q.O. next season, he'll be unrestricted in 2025.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,196

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:09 pm

Pat Williams has potential to be one of the better 3&D guys but he's had a really bad start to this season then had a good December then a average January, February and March. His three-point shot is there but his camp wants a long-term contract and I don't really see how he's worth the money they think he is. I also don't see the fit with him in this lineup unless you're moving RJ Barrett to the shooting guard position and throwing Williams out with Scottie Barnes. Right now Williams is a guy who takes Agbajis spot
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,834

Post#5 » by psman2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:23 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Pat Williams has potential to be one of the better 3&D guys but he's had a really bad start to this season then had a good December then a average January, February and March. His three-point shot is there but his camp wants a long-term contract and I don't really see how he's worth the money they think he is. I also don't see the fit with him in this lineup unless you're moving RJ Barrett to the shooting guard position and throwing Williams out with Scottie Barnes. Right now Williams is a guy who takes Agbajis spot

He hasn't played since January, so I guess being injured is bad.

Williams is a tough guy to predict his next contract. I don't think many teams are going to lineup and offer much more than his QO of 13m. Maybe the Bulls workout something better to prevent him from just taking the QO and make him more tradeable. Rumors are he wanted a 20m+ starting salary, and with a 13m QO if he cannot get something north of 17m+ on a longer deal I could see him playing on that QO.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,301

Post#6 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:29 pm

psman2 wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Pat Williams has potential to be one of the better 3&D guys but he's had a really bad start to this season then had a good December then a average January, February and March. His three-point shot is there but his camp wants a long-term contract and I don't really see how he's worth the money they think he is. I also don't see the fit with him in this lineup unless you're moving RJ Barrett to the shooting guard position and throwing Williams out with Scottie Barnes. Right now Williams is a guy who takes Agbajis spot

Williams is a tough guy to predict his next contract. I don't think many teams are going to lineup and offer much more than his QO of 13m. Maybe the Bulls workout something better to prevent him from just taking the QO and make him more tradeable. Rumors are he wanted a 20m+ starting salary, and with a 13m QO if he cannot get something north of 17m+ on a longer deal I could see him playing on that QO.

His case reminds me of DeAndre Hunter a bit. won't be surprised if they end up on a similar contract
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,834

Post#7 » by psman2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:39 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
psman2 wrote:

His case reminds me of DeAndre Hunter a bit. won't be surprised if they end up on a similar contract

I like PatW quite a bit still and if Memphis was still in desperate need at SF I would have like to try to work out a SNT if the money/apron could work. But I think we are comfortable enough with our options now to bypass that direction.

But you are likely right that some team could still give him something approaching 20m(Hunter) with some team protection on the back end. There just is not a lot of quality players in FA this year so someone like PWill will likely still get paid even if his resume really doesn't warrant it yet. Bulls likely match if still reasonable and continue to stay in the middle wasteland of the NBA.

Return to Trades and Transactions