Knicks Trading Challenge...off season

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Knicks Trading Challenge...off season 

Post#1 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 pm

The healthy Knicks are a good, deep and balanced team. They seem to be one trade away from fighting anyone..do they have the assets (future picks) and contracts to match..assuming OG spreads in NY..what's the next move?what would your offseason be like?is it time to move/improve Randle..?is that possible? Maybe Lauri? Where does Julius fit? something with KAT... move Bojan + Picks for Who?..or just waiting for the next disgruntled superstar who wants to play in NY??

We let you see your ideas...enjoy reading you
1+1=11
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Re: Knicks Trading Challenge...off season 

Post#2 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:36 pm

I don't think they have to do anything but get healthy and let the chemistry develop with OG & Randle with the current healthy guys.

This summer, find a way to keep Hartenstein and that's it.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,503

Post#3 » by Wolveswin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:45 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:I don't think they have to do anything but get healthy and let the chemistry develop with OG & Randle with the current healthy guys.

Come on, that isn’t the spirit of OP
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Wolveswin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:53 pm

I think a SG upgrade is needed.

Knicks have Bogdanovic expiring and picks. Hart and DDV as filler (MAYBE some value on the market), plus Robinson if Hartenstein is retained.

What about Bane? Griz have somewhat of a log jam with healthy Ja, and emergence of VWJ, to go with Smart and Kennard (assuming retained).

To 3rd Team: Bogdanovic expiring + Knicks Picks

To Grizzlies: Robinson + choose Hart or DDV + 3rd team win-now player (ideally SF) + Knicks Picks

To Knicks: Bane + Filler
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#5 » by drosestruts » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 pm

Bring in CJ McCollum from the Pelicans

Knicks in: CJ McCollum

Pelicans in: Bojan Bogdanovic and Mitchell Robinson

Knicks upgrade their shooting guard position.

Pelicans get a replacement big for Valancunias who is expiring while also adding a another wing shooter/scorer who's also on an expiring contract to give them future financial flexibility
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,012

Post#6 » by Rockazoids » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:I don't think they have to do anything but get healthy and let the chemistry develop with OG & Randle with the current healthy guys.

Come on, that isn’t the spirit of OP

but it's the smart move to make.
Wolveswin wrote:I think a SG upgrade is needed.

Knicks have Bogdanovic expiring and picks. Hart and DDV as filler (MAYBE some value on the market), plus Robinson if Hartenstein is retained.

What about Bane? Griz have somewhat of a log jam with healthy Ja, and emergence of VWJ, to go with Smart and Kennard (assuming retained).

To Grizzlies: Robinson + choose Hart or DDV + 3rd team win-now player (ideally SF) + Knicks Picks

The Knicks are not going to move one of the the Nova Boys
drosestruts wrote:Bring in CJ McCollum from the Pelicans

Knicks in: CJ McCollum

Pelicans in: Bojan Bogdanovic and Mitchell Robinson

Knicks upgrade their shooting guard position.

Pelicans get a replacement big for Valancunias who is expiring while also adding a another wing shooter/scorer who's also on an expiring contract to give them future financial flexibility

Robinson is more valuable to what the Knicks do & why pay CJ & his $33 M deal when DDV bring the shooting they need for about
1/3 of the cost.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#7 » by hugepatsfan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 pm

Assuming they manage to retain OG and Hartenstein, then I think they have two paths to choose from...

1) Improve on the margins. Player + pick(s) for better player type of deals. Bojan is the obvious "player" here. DDV, Hart, or Mitchell make some sense as well, though there seems to be an emotional attachment. McBride can fit as well, though lower salary. Guys like Burks/Precious could be re-signed and used in midseason deals (or S&T, but new CBA might make somewhat complicated).

2) Run it back as-is and keep the picks to make an "all in" type of trade later.

I lean towards option 2 for them because while I think they are good and could make a run, they need a real needle mover to elevate into that "on paper title contender" status. That might not be (probably isn't) a this offseason move though.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,305

Post#8 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 pm

Brown for Bogdanovic?

Thibs get his guy, Raptors get a shooter/mentor for Dick
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#9 » by Knickfan1982 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:59 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:Assuming they manage to retain OG and Hartenstein, then I think they have two paths to choose from...

1) Improve on the margins. Player + pick(s) for better player type of deals. Bojan is the obvious "player" here. DDV, Hart, or Mitchell make some sense as well, though there seems to be an emotional attachment. McBride can fit as well, though lower salary. Guys like Burks/Precious could be re-signed and used in midseason deals (or S&T, but new CBA might make somewhat complicated).

2) Run it back as-is and keep the picks to make an "all in" type of trade later.

I lean towards option 2 for them because while I think they are good and could make a run, they need a real needle mover to elevate into that "on paper title contender" status. That might not be (probably isn't) a this offseason move though.

I agree. Unless a superstar player becomes available I think the options should be in this order:

1. Move some combination of Hart/Bogie + picks for a shooting guard upgrade
2. Move Robinson plus picks for someone like Myles Turner.
3. Upgrade from Randle.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#10 » by Apz » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:26 pm

Just dont make the kings mistake and just think u are fine. Sure, east is way worse then west, but teams will get better. Is a bunch of young teams there that basicly only need 1 or 2 guys to figure it out to be competive. Just look at green and houston.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 180

Post#11 » by QMemphis » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:25 pm

Dude stop suggesting that the Grizz trade away core pieces, SMH. We are not trading Ja, Des or Jaren and certainly not for downgrades in talent. Why in the world would we trade one of the best SGs in the league for more guys that create the logjam you are saying we have?
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,942

Post#12 » by wegotthabeet » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:43 am

Obvious answer is Mikal Bridges. Nets need to blow it up. Knicks have the picks. Villanova.

Brunson
Bridges
OG
Randle
Hartenstein

DiVincenzo, Robinson, Hart, McBride, Achiuwa, Bogdanovic, Burks.

That team is about one clever move away from being similar to early 2000s Pistons.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:08 am

QMemphis wrote:

Dude stop suggesting that the Grizz trade away core pieces, SMH. We are not trading Ja, Des or Jaren and certainly not for downgrades in talent. Why in the world would we trade one of the best SGs in the league for more guys that create the logjam you are saying we have?

Another TNT police. Phew. Thought we had only one.
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#14 » by MKWB » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:20 am

QMemphis wrote:

First time? Lol, WW makes unrealistic trades for every team. Trades with multiple stars switching teams, teams trading their whole core roster for others, etc. When you set your expectations that way, his posts can't hurt you anymore :lol:
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,746

Post#15 » by shrink » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:23 am

MKWB wrote:First time? Lol, WW makes unrealistic trades for every team. Trades with multiple stars switching teams, teams trading their whole core roster for others, etc. When you set your expectations that way, his posts can't hurt you anymore :lol:

But if members criticize his posts, he’ll whine about another member (not a mod) silencing him.
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#16 » by MKWB » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:26 am

My big question for the Knicks-- will they keep both Hartenstein and Robinson? Seems like both are starting caliber now, Hartenstein may command an above MLE deal with his play this season. If they spend to keep iHart, can they afford to keep Robinson with Brunson, Randle, OG, JHart, maybe Bojan on big contracts? Would either of Robinson or Hartenstein accept a non-starting role?

I'd hope the Pelicans would show interest in both.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#17 » by Knickfan1982 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:30 am

MKWB wrote:My big question for the Knicks-- will they keep both Hartenstein and Robinson? Seems like both are starting caliber now, Hartenstein may command an above MLE deal with his play this season. If they spend to keep iHart, can they afford to keep Robinson with Brunson, Randle, OG, JHart, maybe Bojan on big contracts? Would either of Robinson or Hartenstein accept a non-starting role?

I'd hope the Pelicans would show interest in both.

I would keep both because I think both are useful in different ways and both should be movable to some extent or another.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:00 am

MKWB wrote:
QMemphis wrote:

First time? Lol, WW makes unrealistic trades for every team. Trades with multiple stars switching teams, teams trading their whole core roster for others, etc. When you set your expectations that way, his posts can't hurt you anymore :lol:

Sweet another fan! Thanks for the shout out.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,089

Post#19 » by cgf » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:37 pm

1a. Bogdanovic + 24 NYK FRP + DAL FRP <---> Caruso + POR FRP + Carter
1b. Carter + SRP (or 2) <---> Tate

2a. Re-sign Anunoby up to 5x200
2b. Re-sign Hartenstein for 30M 1+1 or 64M 3+1
2c. Re-sign Achiuwa for competitive deal
2d. Re-sign Milton for vet min

Depth Chart
Brunson | McBride | Milton
DiVincenzo | Caruso
Anunoby | Hart | Tate
Randle | Achiuwa
Robinson | Hartenstein | Sims

Staggered Lineups
Brunson - DDV - Hart - Anunoby/Achiuwa - RobinHart
McBride - Caruso - Hart/Anunoby - Randle - RobinHart

Closing Lineup
Brunson - Caruso - Anunoby - Randle - RobinHart/Achiuwa
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,089

Post#20 » by cgf » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:04 pm

Bane would be a magnificent fit, but losing Robinson & one of the nova boys would hurt a lot...especially if we were also burning Bogey's expiring on this trade...and then there's the question of just how many picks this would cost; Bane is awesome but he's not 4 unprotected FRPs + 4 protected FRPs awesome, ya know?

I think I'd go for Bogey + DDV + a hefty pick package, but if it had to be Mitch instead of Bogey, we'd need to keep enough picks to make a follow up trade using Bogey's expiring.

Brunson | McBride | Milton
Bane | Burks
Anunoby | Hart
Randle | Achiuwa
Robinson | Hartenstein | Sims
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to Trades and Transactions