Whisking Cream City

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,995

Whisking Cream City 

Post#1 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:34 pm

This board is currently interested in the situation developing in Milwaukee, with a coach throwing the equipment managers under the bus and referee's telling him the team looks lethargic while the core is aging like an opened bottle of a fine wine. The Lillard trade has had flashes of brilliance but the bulk of the time, so far, has belonged to father time rather instead dame time.

Ultimately, I expect Milwaukee to run it back adding depth to a sorely weak bench and aging core. But, that isn't fun, as me posting this roster as my expectation isn't going to generate discussion and isn't going to spark interest.

Damian Lillard/Tyler Kolek [Rookie]/Jordan McLaughlin
Malik Beasley/Marjon Beauchamp/Lonnie Walker IV
Khris Middleton/Pat Connaughton/Cam Reddish
Giannis Antentokounmpo/Bobby Portis
Brook Lopez/Mo Bamba or Mason Plumlee

But, what will be interesting is a deal involving the young core of Orlando.

Orlando is currently a defensive power-house in the NBA, ranked 2nd in Net Defensive Rating at -4.0. They have developed an identity, allowing Paolo Banchero to burden the offense at an incredible usage of nearly 19 FGA/75 Possessions, 39% Free Throw Rate and 25% Assist%.

Milwaukee Out: Brook Lopez
Milwaukee In: Wendell Carter Jr, TPE of $11,050,000

Orlando Out: Wendell Carter Jr
Orlando In: Brook Lopez

Milwaukee gets younger, which they desperately need to do after the addition of Damian Lillard and an otherwise aging core.

Orlando adds another defensive stalwart to their core who spaces the floor and provides a veteran presence.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,325

Re: Whisking Cream City 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:37 pm

this would have to be in conjunction with getting a better perimeter defender somehow/somewhere using that money saved. On its own it just makes the bucks worse for next year. I like jayjaysee's idea of caruso looped in for their picks
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 756

Post#3 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:40 pm

I don't understand why either team does this. Lillard is falling apart physically and needs elite shot blocking behind him, the Magic need more offense.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,130

Post#4 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:47 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:I don't understand why either team does this. Lillard is falling apart physically and needs elite shot blocking behind him, the Magic need more offense.

but Orlando needs offense from PG or SG. they have enough post offense
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:02 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:I don't understand why either team does this. Lillard is falling apart physically and needs elite shot blocking behind him, the Magic need more offense.

Orlando still has the ability to add offensive talent. They have draft picks, a young roster who is growing offensively and cap space [even with this trade].

tiderulz wrote:but Orlando needs offense from PG or SG. they have enough post offense

Lopez has a 53% 3pAR.

WCJ has a 40% 3pAR.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#6 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:03 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:this would have to be in conjunction with getting a better perimeter defender somehow/somewhere using that money saved. On its own it just makes the bucks worse for next year. I like jayjaysee's idea of caruso looped in for their picks

Caruso makes a ton of sense who would fit in here as a 3rd team.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,130

Post#7 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:15 pm

Colbinii wrote:

Orlando still has the ability to add offensive talent. They have draft picks, a young roster who is growing offensively and cap space [even with this trade].

tiderulz wrote:but Orlando needs offense from PG or SG. they have enough post offense

Lopez has a 53% 3pAR.

WCJ has a 40% 3pAR.

most of the games we lose, it is our PG/SG offense that is off. That is the biggest area we need to improve
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#8 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:24 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Lopez has a 53% 3pAR.

WCJ has a 40% 3pAR.

most of the games we lose, it is our PG/SG offense that is off. That is the biggest area we need to improve

I agree, and that will happen due to multiple reasons, all of which are easy to envision and have little to no cost.

1) Paolo improves his efficiency as a #1 Option

Paolo is currently one of the most inefficient players in the NBA, in part because his usage is incredibly high and he is just 21 years old. He went from -140 TS+ to -90 TS+ while increasing his usage. Next year it is likely he jumps to the -30 to -50 TS+, and on his volume that's a positive impact on a teams offense.

2) Internal Growth of young players

Suggs, Wagner, Anthony and Black should all be expected to make some improvements offensively, even if minor.

3) No more Fultz and shooters

The team needs more shooters, plain and simple. Shooting directly correlates with offensive efficiency. Adding someone like Buddy Hield or a cheaper option like Malik Beasley could do wonders for the teams spacing.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,521

Post#9 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:34 pm

Yeah, I like it a lot better for Milwaukee if you’re downgrading to WCJ to use the TPE as a tool to get Caruso. In not sure how many other guys make under 11 million that make the downgrade worth it, that are available for Milwaukee’s limited assets.

If Caruso isn’t available, I think Milwaukee could still do the deal as a standalone for Milwaukee and see what else is out there. It’s a downgrade next year IMO but WCJ will probably the better player in 18 months sadly and the TPE might be used to get a second top 8 rotation piece..

A lot better if it’s all inclusive this time though.

Orlando should do it. Neither is really an ideal long term center and Brolo will be the better player next year. They can still sign/trade for a scoring guard and look to address the center position in 2025 or later..
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,662

Post#10 » by Skybox » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:36 pm

I disagree that BroLo will be better today or tomorrow...certainly he was at one point...I wouldn't take on his salary for what MIGHT be a small upgrade. WCJ is one of the most underrated guys (and underpaid :D ) and, while I agree he's not an ideal fit in ORL, I wouldn't trade him straight up for Lopez today.

I'm shopping WCJ on here every day...but only in hopes of getting a much needed scoring guard or a younger guy like Gafford or Claxton, who'd really fit well in ORL....but not for Brook.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,027

Post#11 » by Residual-Heat » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:45 pm

i dont like it for the Magic. Brook is too old and on an expiring contract. I also dont think he's as good of a defender as most people believe. I think if the Magic wanted a defensive center, they should sign a Claxton/Hartenstein, then trade WCJ for a future pick. Yes, they cant shoot like Lopez, but I'd still rather have one of them. Not sure I would go that route either, just saying I think its a better option.

WCJ-Giannis is a great fit. From the Magic's perspective, I do not want to give the Bucks their future starting C for the foreseeable future for a year of 36 YO Brook Lopez.

Right now the Magic's priority should be to get a starting guard. WCJ really isnt an issue. He stretches the floor, and his defense is good enough given that they're the 2nd best defensive team in the NBA. It also helps that Paolo's defense is improving and will continue to improve, and you have Isaac who hopefully should be able to play more minutes at C.

Maybe in the future the Magic will seek an upgrade, but i dont believe that it will be this off-season. We'll see what he does this play offs. I want to see if WCJ can turn up the intensity in terms of defense+ rebounding.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#12 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 8, 2024 11:59 pm

I'm only here to ask what is Cream City?
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#13 » by schaffy » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:11 am

JustBuzzin wrote:I'm only here to ask what is Cream City?
Based on the brick color of the clay bricks in Milwaukee

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions