Towns offers ? Who has the best offer?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,601

Towns offers ? Who has the best offer? 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:13 pm

There are a couple of different threads throwing out scenarios where Minnesota might move off Towns this summer. Either as cost cutting or as a retool away from the double big model. And a couple threads already with Towns to Miami, NY, or Cleveland for instance.
Instead of seeing in 15 different threads debates about what Towns could fetch (and if Minnesota would do it), I thought maybe we could see in a single thread what everyone thinks teams might offer for Towns.
So with all that said, what is your Town’s offer?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,824

Re: Towns offers ? Who has the best offer? 

Post#2 » by shrink » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:25 pm

This will also be interesting to revisit in a month. Towns has had to change his game substantially, plus he’s coming off of injury, and I think his performance in the playoffs could increase or decrease his trade value, which isn’t common for a player who’s 28.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,527

Post#3 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:29 pm

I think Atlanta still makes the most sense. Brooklyn could put together a good offer if they are able to land another star.

I’d try Charlotte as a dark horse. Ball/Miller/Bridges/KAT is at least somewhat interesting.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#4 » by jowglenn » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:35 pm

Pacers might put up Turner/Mathurin or Turner/Walker, but obviously Minnesota would not be interested in Turner so it would need some kind of 3-way situation
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,031

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:41 pm

shrink wrote:I think his performance in the playoffs could increase or decrease his trade value, which isn’t common for a player who’s 28.

What do you mean?

1) It is very common for players to have their performance in the playoffs affect their trade value. It isn't like Towns has a strong playoff track record.

2) This trade board has people who change their evaluation of players value every single day.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#6 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:44 pm

jowglenn wrote:Pacers might put up Turner/Mathurin or Turner/Walker, but obviously Minnesota would not be interested in Turner so it would need some kind of 3-way situation

I hadn’t thought of Indy. But I like it.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,031

Post#7 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:46 pm

My Dark Horses are Orlando and Charlotte.

Both of these teams need an infusion of talent. Orlando has the best per-minute defender in the NBA in Jonathan Isaac while their center rotation of low-end starters isn't cutting it. Adding Towns would allow them to avoid having to acquire the impossible--an elite PG or SG.

Towns was very successful defensively in a blitz-heavy defensive scheme in 2022, and Orlando has similar, albeit better defensive pieces on the perimeter to make that defense work.

Charlotte has some talented pieces and mediocre role players, Towns gives them a bona fide star who provides spacing and offense on a team who desperately needs it.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,328

Post#8 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:46 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
jowglenn wrote:Pacers might put up Turner/Mathurin or Turner/Walker, but obviously Minnesota would not be interested in Turner so it would need some kind of 3-way situation

The biggest issue with an Indiana deal is salary matching. Towns make close to 50M next year so Indy will have to gut alot of its depth
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,551

Post#9 » by HornetJail » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:47 pm

without hesitation, I'd throw Charlotte's lottery pick at MIN, even if it's #1. We can use cap space to eat the majority of the contract while sending back very little. Factoring in Bridges' cap hold I think it's pretty easy for us to get down to about $110-115M (meaning we can offer MIN north of $30M in cap savings), and just send out stuff like Bertans' partial expiring, Cody Martin, Nick Richards, etc to other teams. Grant Williams covers most of it also if Minnesota wants someone a bit more valuable than dead weight.

Depending on where our pick lands, I'd probably send a future pick as well.

I'd be thrilled to go into next season with LaMelo/Miller/Bridges/KAT/Mark Williams as our starting five. Bench needs tons of work anyway, but at least the backcourt has Mann and Micic, along with Grant if MIN doesn't insist on having him.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,824

Post#10 » by shrink » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:48 pm

Colbinii wrote:
shrink wrote:I think his performance in the playoffs could increase or decrease his trade value, which isn’t common for a player who’s 28.

What do you mean?

1) It is very common for players to have their performance in the playoffs affect their trade value. It isn't like Towns has a strong playoff track record.

2) This trade board has people who change their evaluation of players value every single day.

I should have been clearer. He is the type of player that is on the trade value precipice, very high, longterm salary but also very highly skilled. A trade for Towns is a significant commitment in salary, and potentially trade assets. He could be a huge win or a huge loss. I think this magnifies how his playoff performance will be viewed regarding his future, and his value.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,328

Post#11 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:53 pm

i think New York will also make a play on KAT. Randle + Bogdanovic + picks, involving 3rd team as/if needed. I think they will offer the most quantity of picks, but that might not be what the wolves want given how win-now they are
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,622

Post#12 » by Threezus » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:03 pm

I think best Hawks could do would be Murray, OO, Griffin, and a pick or 2.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#13 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

The biggest issue with an Indiana deal is salary matching. Towns make close to 50M next year so Indy will have to gut alot of its depth

I posted a Towns trade with Indy not too long ago. Can’t they use 2024 salaries during draft? As long as no expiring deals or options included? If so…

Turner + Nembhard + Walker + future 1st works in trade checker.

Which BTW, Towns and Siakam would be amazing pairing for Indy.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#14 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Yeah would have to be like a four for one. I’m also not sure if Indy wants to abandon the youth group. I think Hali is good enough to go all in, but maybe they prefer to stay patient/safe and Pascal was their big move.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:09 pm

Threezus wrote:I think best Hawks could do would be Murray, OO, Griffin, and a pick or 2.

That is a common scenario discussed here. I kind of like it.

Conley has played amazing but is 36 (I think). Murray would be a nice PG upgrade and like 9 years younger.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,601

Post#16 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:10 pm

Was worried we would see a thread with a whole bunch of he costs 50m and my guy who costs 5m is half as good so pay me to take him posts.
I’m very pleasantly surprised.

If Philly strikes out in free agency, it feels like a Morey thing to offer Paul Reed, 45m cap space and a bunch of picks. But obviously those picks should be rerouted. And the fact that Philly has to give up Tobias and Melton (or whatever possibly free agent they could get with cap room) makes Philly unlikely to be the highest bidder.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:17 pm

Little bit crazy one…

To Celtics: Towns
=Towns and Porzingis pairing would be amazing and really open up lane for Tatum. Plus move on from any Brown “drama” real or perceived.

To Hawks: Brown
=Hawks get their Atlanta native son and Brown gets a non-Tatum team.

To Wolves: Trae Young

Now, sacred cow value makes this uncomfortable value discussion. And many don’t love the Trae | Edwards backcourt…but I think worth a trial at least.
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#18 » by schaffy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:27 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:i think New York will also make a play on KAT. Randle + Bogdanovic + picks, involving 3rd team as/if needed. I think they will offer the most quantity of picks, but that might not be what the wolves want given how win-now they are

This is the right point, and I've already seen it in a few posts now about including picks. If the draft picks are the key part of the value returning, I think there would have to be a realistic scenario presented of how those picks are getting used in another deal or a 3rd team in the short term to help keep the team in win-now mode and cant just be "save them for a future trade". 1) Taylor attempting to cancel the sale seems to be at least in part because the team is winning and he wants to still be a part of it. I don't see him giving sign-off to trading such a big part of the team without getting a clear idea from the front office what the plan is to do with those pieces. He's 82 years old, waiting for a draft pick in 3-5 years does little for the team or him now. 2) The FO has been clear they think the best thing for Ant's development is to win and advance in the playoffs. Given how competitive the west already is and seems like it might be again next year -- Houston on the up, Memphis can't be this bad again, etc -- just dumping KAT for dead weight without getting some win-now pieces back would make the battle for a a playoff-spot that much more challenging.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,474

Post#19 » by Ball4life32 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:39 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Little bit crazy one…

=Towns and Porzingis pairing would be amazing and really open up lane for Tatum. Plus move on from any Brown “drama” real or perceived.

Now, sacred cow value makes this uncomfortable value discussion. And many don’t love the Trae | Edwards backcourt…but I think worth a trial at least.

Don’t see hawks considering it. Don’t think Brown can be a #1 on offense and Brown isn’t worth almost 10m+ more than Trae.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:42 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Little bit crazy one…

Don’t see hawks considering it. Don’t think Brown can be a #1 on offense and Brown isn’t worth almost 10m+ more than Trae.

That is fair. I am sure Hawks are more comfortable offering the Murray++ package for Brown (or Towns).

Return to Trades and Transactions