Towns offers ? Who has the best offer?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,076

Re: Towns offers ? Who has the best offer? 

Post#41 » by shangrila » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52 am

Threezus wrote:I think best Hawks could do would be Murray, OO, Griffin, and a pick or 2.

Would you add your picks this year if we added ours?

So something like Murray, OO, Griffin, #10, #16 for Towns, filler (maybe Moore Jr and Minott?), #27?
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,509

Post#42 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:08 am

zimpy27 wrote:Something like this could work:

MIN get Markannen
UTA get Assets from 3rd team, unprotecting of MIN29FRP(6-30)
3rd team get KAT

Maybe Brooklyn, Dallas, Lakers or Atlanta are the 3rd team

That would be HUGE risk for Wolves. Losing Markkanen which means trading Towns for nothing. Wolves would need to get back own 29 and 27 1st for sure in this deal.
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 157

Post#43 » by schaffy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:21 pm

MIN get Markannen
3rd team get KAT

Maybe my brain isn't working well this morning but the Wolves wouldn't be able to renegotiate and extend Markannen like the Jazz could because of the need for cap space to do so, correct? Which if thats the case, the Wolves are giving up KAT and unprotecting that first for an expiring Markannen about to be a UFA and rely on a sort of wink-wink agreement? That feels like it would not work for them, like at all.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,598

Post#44 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:00 pm

Wolveswin wrote:

MIN get Markannen
3rd team get KAT

That would be HUGE risk for Wolves. Losing Markkanen which means trading Towns for nothing. Wolves would need to get back own 29 and 27 1st for sure in this deal.

I don’t have that realistic as an ask.

Similarly Utah could claim the length and size of Towns contract is a risk worth u protected picks.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#45 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:07 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

MIN get Markannen
3rd team get KAT

Similarly Utah could claim the length and size of Towns contract is a risk worth u protected picks.

Then Markkanen is a NO.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#46 » by giannis and 1 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:42 pm

I think Pels or Knicks make the most sense. Something around Kat and Ingram or Kat for Randle+++
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
schaffy
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by schaffy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:47 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

MIN get Markannen
3rd team get KAT

Since they aren't the ones who end up acquiring Towns in this scenario it wouldn't be the best argument to make since its not the risk they are taking.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,598

Post#48 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:50 pm

schaffy wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:That would be HUGE risk for Wolves. Losing Markkanen which means trading Towns for nothing. Wolves would need to get back own 29 and 27 1st for sure in this deal.

Since they aren't the ones who end up acquiring Towns in this scenario it wouldn't be the best argument to make since its not the risk they are taking.

Sure. Unnamed team could make unrealistic demands of Minnesota to match Minnesota fans unrealistic demands if you prefer..
schaffy
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by schaffy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:17 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
schaffy wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Sure. Unnamed team could make unrealistic demands of Minnesota to match Minnesota fans unrealistic demands if you prefer..

Sure that one poster's demands were over the top. But I guess I agree with his general premise that getting that '29 pick unprotected without something else coming back to the Wolves feels off. From Minnesota's perspective they would be giving up contract certainty of a really good player to save some money and get back another good player with less contract certainty. Thats a gamble, but one they may be willing to make (personally I wouldn't but its not my dollars at play, and I tend to be more risk averse in general). But that unprotecting is extra value that I don't see them getting a corresponding exchange for. I guess reasonable minds could differ on that.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,513

Post#50 » by GoBobs » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Any Towns deal really depends on what Minny is try to accomplish.

Next year they have basically 160 mil committed between 5 guys: Reid, Towns, Gobert, Edwards, McDaniels (still need a pg)

Do they want to get a better fit but willing to stay at a high salary?, then maybe Towns for Trae or similar

Do they want to just save money because ownership can't stomach the spending?, maybe Towns for expiring and picks
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,513

Post#51 » by GoBobs » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:58 pm

Landscape will be different after the playoffs, but I will throw a few ideas out there.

Towns for Durrant

Towns for Beal

Towns for Lillard

Towns for J. Holiday and Al Horford

These are the type of deals I see getting done if he gets moved. A move that just saves money and makes the team worse would be very unpopular and might even end up with the team eventually getting moved.
schaffy
Sixth Man

Post#52 » by schaffy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:08 pm

GoBobs wrote:Any Towns deal really depends on what Minny is try to accomplish.

Next year they have basically 160 mil committed between 5 guys: Reid, Towns, Gobert, Edwards, McDaniels (still need a pg)

Do they want to get a better fit but willing to stay at a high salary?, then maybe Towns for Trae or similar

Do they want to just save money because ownership can't stomach the spending?, maybe Towns for expiring and picks

Conley signed an extension earlier this year - 2 yr 20.75M, so PG is accounted for. Granted the salary commitment goes up with that as well.

To be honest, we don't really know what Minnesota would want if they do look to move KAT but I'd guess they'd attempt to split the difference: save some money by breaking Towns' deal into multiple players on smaller deals in total but that can fit into what they are trying to do. I don't see them moving off a 2 big lineup -- they like McDaniels at the 3 and using him on the other teams best perimeter guy (he can guard 4s too but having him there all the time takes away some of his value as a lead POA defender). So someone who plays the 4 and can stretch the court would work. They could use some scoring off the bench, especially so if KAT is moved and Reid steps into the starting lineup. The backup PG spot is a bit up in the air and getting a younger option there to take minutes off of Conley wouldn't be the worst idea. I would think a pick-heavy deal wouldn't be as appealing unless there's a clear path to convert those picks into win-now pieces sooner rather than later. The current owner (who might still be the future owner?) and the FO want to win and win now.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#53 » by ThatBoyNick » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:08 pm

I could see Houston trying to get him in a 3-teamer by dangling Sengun + picks if available, I don't know if that's smart long term but it seems like the org A-wants to speed up our timeline, B- Loves Amen, and you couldn't find a better 5 to pair with him.

Dillon Brooks, draft picks To Minny

Sengun to Team X for X picks/players to Minny

Fillers (Jeff Green, Landale, Tate) where needed.

Van-Vleet
Green
Thompson / Whitmore
Smith / Eason
Towns / Adams

Conley
Edwards
Brooks
McDaniels
Gobert / Ried
+ X from 3rd team
louc1970
Senior
And1: 149

Post#54 » by louc1970 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:30 pm

Not sure if he is tradeable. For starters as well as Minnesota has performed this year, it would take a huge offer. On the other side, he will be making $50M plus and has injuries and a lack of wanting to play the center spot.

That being said the same teams pop up - OKC can offer plenty of picks and lots of players not named SGA/Holmgren.
Towns with Holmgren/SGA makes for an offensive juggernaut and defensively sound as well.

SAS pieces such as Jones, Johnson, Sochan and picks.
Towns, Wemby, Vassell, at worst a top 10 lottery pick (own or Toronto) that nets a PG (Topic, Castle, Dillingham).

Houston could offer an intriguing trade. Adams, Jalen Green, Smith Jr (he and Towns would be playing the same position), filler. Adding Green/Smith reduces the need to include picks.

Less likely but the money fits:
Mavericks straight up Irving for Towns (throw filler)

Pelicans Ingram/Dyson, 24/25 FRP

Suns swap with Durant - Wolves would have a good team with Edwards, Durant, Gobert

Warriors Paul (then gets cut), Kuminga, Moody, Jackson-Davis, 26/28 FRP
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,924

Post#55 » by ChettheJet » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:42 pm

I think it almost has to be a 3 maybe 4 team trade to spread out the money KAT is owed. Not many teams have that $49 million salary to send back that does anything for MINN,
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#56 » by brackdan70 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:47 pm

GoBobs wrote:Landscape will be different after the playoffs, but I will throw a few ideas out there.

Towns for Durrant

Towns for Beal

Towns for Lillard

These are the type of deals I see getting done if he gets moved. A move that just saves money and makes the team worse would be very unpopular and might even end up with the team eventually getting moved.

Celtics will be over the second apron and can’t make that trade. They need to take back equal or less money and can’t aggregate.
Sign here
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,199

Post#57 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:51 pm

GoBobs wrote:Landscape will be different after the playoffs, but I will throw a few ideas out there.

Towns for Durrant

Towns for Beal

Towns for Lillard

Towns for Durant is decidedly different than the rest of these.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
OriAr
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#58 » by OriAr » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:54 pm

Spurs can put in a competitive offer and the fit next to Wemby is pretty good on paper... But I don't know if they should take contracts this early in the rebuild.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#59 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:10 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
schaffy wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Who has more value, Markkanen or Towns? I have to think Towns (locked in and if a strong playoff showing spike in value).

So for example:

To Nets: Towns

To Jazz: Simmons + 25/27/29 Suns 1sts + 29 Mavs 1st

To Wolves: Markkanen + 27/29 Wolves 1sts

If too much for Jazz, Wolves could add protections to own picks - say lotto - vs getting back 1sts all together.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#60 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:12 pm

OriAr wrote:Spurs can put in a competitive offer and the fit next to Wemby is pretty good on paper... But I don't know if they should take contracts this early in the rebuild.

I think that is a great pairing. Big gamble for Wolves to send Towns West and risk Spurs creating a juggernaut Wolves now have to contend with. (Say Spurs also trade for Trae or Murray).

Return to Trades and Transactions