Towns offers ? Who has the best offer?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,147

Re: Towns offers ? Who has the best offer? 

Post#101 » by zimpy27 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:47 am

DarkXaero wrote:Not sure what KAT value really is with his contract but if wolves are looking to move off money, from nets end, how about Ben Simmons, Denis Schroeder and three first round picks for KAT?

Those are both expiring contracts so they move off KAT's salary completely, maybe they get something out of Ben in a contract year (who can be a great fit there), and Schroder is a productive rotation guard who helps them, in addition to 3 valuable first round picks.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using RealGM mobile app

Simmons+FRPs for Gobert would maybe be better. Any interest from Nets?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,573

Post#102 » by DarkXaero » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:03 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Not sure what KAT value really is with his contract but if wolves are looking to move off money, from nets end, how about Ben Simmons, Denis Schroeder and three first round picks for KAT?

Those are both expiring contracts so they move off KAT's salary completely, maybe they get something out of Ben in a contract year (who can be a great fit there), and Schroder is a productive rotation guard who helps them, in addition to 3 valuable first round picks.

I think they'd rather just have Simmons + picks for cap relief, ANT will likely be all NBA and his 30% max will set in.
Simmons + PHI 1st + DAL 1st + PHX 25 1st.
I think Schroder is needed for the deal since KAT is making 50 mill next year iirc, can't just do it with Ben's salary. Schroder is expiring too

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#103 » by DarkXaero » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:04 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

Simmons+FRPs for Gobert would maybe be better. Any interest from Nets?
Nets need an offensive star more than someone like gobert.

Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,521

Post#104 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:48 pm

I think the leader in the clubhouse is Jalen Johnson + Capela and figure out filler and value to taste.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,832

Post#105 » by shrink » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:50 pm

DarkXaero wrote:Those are both expiring contracts so they move off KAT's salary completely, maybe they get something out of Ben in a contract year (who can be a great fit there)..

Simmons and Gobert is not a great fit.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,533

Post#106 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:52 pm

Dallas fans should just be happy with how good the team ended the year and the new bigs and try and come up with fake ideas to add another two way wing... But you know.. if KAI gets unhappy, Dallas still has the assets to turn Kyrie into KAT?
Obviously an ugly idea with a third or fourth team..
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#107 » by DarkXaero » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:13 am

shrink wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Those are both expiring contracts so they move off KAT's salary completely, maybe they get something out of Ben in a contract year (who can be a great fit there)..

Simmons and Gobert is not a great fit.
They can run Simmons with Naz Reid and make it work.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#108 » by lordjeff05 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:34 am

I’d do Ingram and the lakers pick (plus filler contracts)
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#109 » by Wolveswin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:56 am

lordjeff05 wrote:I’d do Ingram and the lakers pick (plus filler contracts)

Wolves can’t risk an expiring Ingram for a locked in Towns. And Ingram really doesn’t save Wolves money - an inspiration for any Towns trade. Plus, painful trading Towns to a Western conference foe.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#110 » by Wolveswin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 am

Franz Wagner was mentioned much earlier…

Towns + McDaniels + Moore Jr

FOR

Franz Wagner + WCJ + Black + Future Picks

Magic move one of their untouchables in Franz. Still need a PG, but should have assets for acquiring one.
Towns (great spacing with Banchero)
Banchero
McDaniels
Suggs
Anthony

Wolves save big money and new core with Edwards is Franz, and Black if he can develop as PGOF.
Gobert
Reid or WCJ (battle it out for starting PF backup C)
Franz
Edwards
Conley | Black (mentored by Conley until ready)
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,728

Post#111 » by minimus » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:15 am

Wolveswin wrote:What about…

Gobert + Reid + NAW

FOR

Jalen Johnson + Capela + Bogdanovic

Gobert | OO
Reid | OO
Hunter
Murray | NAW
Young

Towns | Capela
McDaniels
Johnson
Edwards | Bogdanovic
Conley

It is disgusting even to think about
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#112 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:24 am

minimus wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:What about…

Gobert + Reid + NAW

FOR

Jalen Johnson + Capela + Bogdanovic

Gobert | OO
Reid | OO
Hunter
Murray | NAW
Young

Towns | Capela
McDaniels
Johnson
Edwards | Bogdanovic
Conley

It is disgusting even to think about

I don’t know, I really like that one. Expiring Gobert getting Jalen from Hawks - and keeping Towns. Love it.
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,393

Post#113 » by Jody Smokz » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:25 pm

KAT for Trae straight up makes the most sense for both teams. KAT with Trae in ATL is a defensive disaster. Trae absolutely needs a big like Gobert for the team to be able to survive defensively. Murray with KAT would be a better pairing.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,895

Post#114 » by MotownMadness » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:26 pm

Ivey, Duren, 24 and 29 1st rounders
shrink
RealGM

Post#115 » by shrink » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:46 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:KAT for Trae straight up makes the most sense for both teams. KAT with Trae in ATL is a defensive disaster. Trae absolutely needs a big like Gobert for the team to be able to survive defensively. Murray with KAT would be a better pairing.

Maybe that makes sense for ATL, but MIN’s team is built for defense, with their future built on Ant, and the ball in his hands.

All MIN trades should be based on winning now, and complimenting Ant in the future. KAT compliments Ant as a big with a small. KAT compliments Ant with both an inside and outside game, that allows Ant to be freer when he chooses to go inside or outside. KAT compliments Ant because he wants to be in MIN, and if some newly traded talent wants to leave, Ant might go too. And KAT compliments Ant by being highly skilled, but still willing to be a #2 to let Ant ascend.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#116 » by Euphonetiks » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 pm

shrink wrote:
Jody Smokz wrote:KAT for Trae straight up makes the most sense for both teams. KAT with Trae in ATL is a defensive disaster. Trae absolutely needs a big like Gobert for the team to be able to survive defensively. Murray with KAT would be a better pairing.

Maybe that makes sense for ATL, but MIN’s team is built for defense, with their future built on Ant, and the ball in his hands.

All MIN trades should be based on winning now, and complimenting Ant in the future. KAT compliments Ant as a big with a small. KAT compliments Ant with both an inside and outside game, that allows Ant to be freer when he chooses to go inside or outside. KAT compliments Ant because he wants to be in MIN, and if some newly traded talent wants to leave, Ant might go too. And KAT compliments Ant by being highly skilled, but still willing to be a #2 to let Ant ascend.

Then why is the vibe in Minny always seem to be to want to trade KAT? It would be pretty easy for you all to move Naz and NAW to get cap breathing room.
shrink
RealGM

Post#117 » by shrink » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:30 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
shrink wrote:

Then why is the vibe in Minny always seem to be to want to trade KAT? It would be pretty easy for you all to move Naz and NAW to get cap breathing room.

i think that might be the vibe nationally, and it comes from a few reasons:

1. I would say that here, WolvesWin many posts of Towns trades over-represents the team’s actual desire to trade him
2. Nationally, stories get lots of clicks if readers imagine a star joining their roster, especially big markets. KAT trades aren’t new.
3. This year there may be motivation from the owners to move “somebody” to reduce lux taxes, as you mention. KAT is simplest.
4. Naz Reid is a fan favorite, with a good story and fun handle to watch. People skip his weaknesses and think he could just be KAT.

I will note that you never hear news out of Minnesota that the team is looking for Towns trades. That’s not the vibe here. If the team had failed this season, or Finch had not been able to get the Towns-Gobert combo to work, you might have heard rumblings here, and perhaps even seen talk at the last deadline, before KAT’s salary jumped. But this kind of team success is especially rare in Minnesota, and I don’t think anyone here wants to do anything to hurt team chemistry.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#118 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:24 pm

shrink wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
shrink wrote:Maybe that makes sense for ATL, but MIN’s team is built for defense, with their future built on Ant, and the ball in his hands.

i think that might be the vibe nationally, and it comes from a few reasons:

1. I would say that here, WolvesWin many posts of Towns trades over-represents the team’s actual desire to trade him
2. Nationally, stories get lots of clicks if readers imagine a star joining their roster, especially big markets. KAT trades aren’t new.
3. This year there may be motivation from the owners to move “somebody” to reduce lux taxes, as you mention. KAT is simplest.
4. Naz Reid is a fan favorite, with a good story and fun handle to watch. People skip his weaknesses and think he could just be KAT.

I will note that you never hear news out of Minnesota that the team is looking for Towns trades. That’s not the vibe here. If the team had failed this season, or Finch had not been able to get the Towns-Gobert combo to work, you might have heard rumblings here, and perhaps even seen talk at the last deadline, before KAT’s salary jumped. But this kind of team success is especially rare in Minnesota, and I don’t think anyone here wants to do anything to hurt team chemistry.

Shrink…I want you to find how many threads I have started on trade Towns compared to others. Waiting…
shrink
RealGM

Post#119 » by shrink » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:25 pm

WolvesWin, sorry, I’m going to enjoy the team in the playoffs right now, not count your Towns threads these last six months.

Maybe you should too?
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#120 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:29 pm

shrink wrote:WolvesWin, sorry, I’m going to enjoy the team in the playoffs right now, not count your Towns threads these last six months.

Maybe you should too?

I knew you would shrink to the honest question. It’s in your name.

Return to Trades and Transactions