What Does a J. Isaac to SAC Trade Look Like?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,429

Re: What Does a J. Isaac to SAC Trade Look Like? 

Post#21 » by JRoy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:31 am

Skybox wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Skybox wrote:
Simons maybe? Isaac and a frpick (and resultant cap space) for Simons & TimeLord

Sure.

He'd be good next to Ayton...also, really good next to Banchero and Wagner...he really should be playing C next year, IMO. He's a demon on the perimeter but, if he's healthy, he should be starting instead of WCJ

I want Ayton gone too. King of empty calories.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#22 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:18 am

bpcox05 wrote:I wanted to get people’s perspectives on a Jonathan Isaac to SAC trade. What would make sense for both teams? Is he even realistic available?

Ideally, I’d want Fox, Monk (FA anyways), Ellis, Murray, and Sabonis off the table so that leaves the following players/picks to work with (assuming the Kings make the playoffs this year thus unlocking all of their future 1sts for trade again):

Harrison Barnes
Kevin Huerter
Trey Lyles
Sasha Vezenkov
Davion Mitchell
Chris Duarte
Colby Jones
2025 SAC 1st
2026 SAC 1st
2027 SAC 1st
2028 SAC 1st
2029 SAC 1st
2030 SAC 1st
2031 SAC 1st
2024 SAC 2nd
2025 POR 2nd
2025 SAC 2nd
2026 SAC 2nd
2027 SAC 2nd
2028 SAC 2nd
2029 SAC 2nd
2031 SAC 2nd

Well he's not guaranteed for 2024-25 so he'd have to be guaranteed to be traded. So Sac could just sign him after the Magic cut him.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#23 » by tiderulz » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:44 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:I wanted to get people’s perspectives on a Jonathan Isaac to SAC trade. What would make sense for both teams? Is he even realistic available?

Ideally, I’d want Fox, Monk (FA anyways), Ellis, Murray, and Sabonis off the table so that leaves the following players/picks to work with (assuming the Kings make the playoffs this year thus unlocking all of their future 1sts for trade again):

Harrison Barnes
Kevin Huerter
Trey Lyles
Sasha Vezenkov
Davion Mitchell
Chris Duarte
Colby Jones
2025 SAC 1st
2026 SAC 1st
2027 SAC 1st
2028 SAC 1st
2029 SAC 1st
2030 SAC 1st
2031 SAC 1st
2024 SAC 2nd
2025 POR 2nd
2025 SAC 2nd
2026 SAC 2nd
2027 SAC 2nd
2028 SAC 2nd
2029 SAC 2nd
2031 SAC 2nd

Well he's not guaranteed for 2024-25 so he'd have to be guaranteed to be traded. So Sac could just sign him after the Magic cut him.

Magic ownership has stayed with him the whole time. do they re-sign him? maybe not. but they arent cutting him
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,507

Post#24 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:15 pm

I’m the biggest fan of Renegotiate and extends... Why not Isaac? Orlando has more than enough cap space this summer. Lock him up for a new 3 or even 4 years. Throw an extra 10-15 million (or more?) at him next year than drop his salary by 40% the second year… Could offer him to fully guaranteed the 30-35 million in 2024-2025 but keep the future years unguaranteed? Fun stuff..

Just because of mood of the thread
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#25 » by orlando_joe » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:01 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I’m the biggest fan of Renegotiate and extends... Why not Isaac? Orlando has more than enough cap space this summer. Lock him up for a new 3 or even 4 years. Throw an extra 10-15 million (or more?) at him next year than drop his salary by 40% the second year… Could offer him to fully guaranteed the 30-35 million in 2024-2025 but keep the future years unguaranteed? Fun stuff..

agree 100% like indy did with turner but less money
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#26 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:55 pm

tiderulz wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Harrison Barnes
Kevin Huerter
Trey Lyles
Sasha Vezenkov
Davion Mitchell
Chris Duarte
Colby Jones
2025 SAC 1st
2026 SAC 1st
2027 SAC 1st
2028 SAC 1st
2029 SAC 1st
2030 SAC 1st
2031 SAC 1st
2024 SAC 2nd
2025 POR 2nd
2025 SAC 2nd
2026 SAC 2nd
2027 SAC 2nd
2028 SAC 2nd
2029 SAC 2nd
2031 SAC 2nd

Magic ownership has stayed with him the whole time. do they re-sign him? maybe not. but they arent cutting him

Maybe not, I thought they might want to sign someone and need the space.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#27 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:58 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I’m the biggest fan of Renegotiate and extends... Why not Isaac? Orlando has more than enough cap space this summer. Lock him up for a new 3 or even 4 years. Throw an extra 10-15 million (or more?) at him next year than drop his salary by 40% the second year… Could offer him to fully guaranteed the 30-35 million in 2024-2025 but keep the future years unguaranteed? Fun stuff..

We are talking about a guy who has had multiple Knee surgeries and plays about 15 min per game right.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,002

Post#28 » by Residual-Heat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:18 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:Stein reports that they wanted to add some shooting.

Huerter for Isaac seems to fit in nicely.

With Sasha/Lyles being able to pick up PF minutes, I would mind Kings risking it with JIs injury history.

They have 40 mill in capspace to get a better shooter/player than Huerter while keeping Isaac.

I dont think the Magic will trade Isaac. I know people want to argue he doesnt have much value, but he does to the Magic. They invested so much in his rehabilitation and he has a real impact that translates to wins. He has played an important role this season, and hopefully should play an even bigger role next season.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,507

Post#29 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:43 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:

We are talking about a guy who has had multiple Knee surgeries and plays about 15 min per game right.

If they made the deal as I suggested? Yeah sort of.

Use the rest of their cap space on a guard (trade or free agency)..

Lock Isaac up on a new declining deal starting around 17-22 with all the future years unguaranteed just by giving him a third of your 2024-2025 cap space?

There’s a lot worse ways to spend cap space.
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 302

Post#30 » by A BETTER DJ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:26 am

Anybody that watched today's trouncing of the Bucks got a good dose of what JI brings to this team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as our starting center for the playoffs. We have picks and cap space so I don't think we trade Isaac.
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,271

Post#31 » by Hoops23 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:00 am

Jonathan Isaac has health issues, No surprise if he becomes a free agent this summer.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#32 » by orlando_joe » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:43 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:

he had 1 ? not multiple was just long recovery also due to time of injury in bubble ..when he hurt knee during that season tried the no surgery and came back to soon ...as far as i know..it was bad and he is 7 ft did not help..was on min restriction this yr last 2 games 25 min plus next yr hope no min limit ?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#33 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:04 pm

Hoops23 wrote:Jonathan Isaac has health issues, No surprise if he becomes a free agent this summer.

would be a big surprise considering he still has another year on his deal. Magic waited this long, they arent going to move him this last year unless his health has major issues this summer
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#34 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:49 am

orlando_joe wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

he had 1 ? not multiple was just long recovery also due to time of injury in bubble ..when he hurt knee during that season tried the no surgery and came back to soon ...as far as i know..it was bad and he is 7 ft did not help..was on min restriction this yr last 2 games 25 min plus next yr hope no min limit ?

I thought I heard he tore his ACL twice?
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,002

Post#35 » by Residual-Heat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:17 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I dont think he did. IIRC he tore his ACL, healed and was practicing with the team when he suffered a "minor" hamstring injury and had to have surgery on that. Then he came back for a few games last season and tore a muscle in his thigh.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#36 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:40 am

Residual-Heat wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:he had 1 ? not multiple was just long recovery also due to time of injury in bubble ..when he hurt knee during that season tried the no surgery and came back to soon ...as far as i know..it was bad and he is 7 ft did not help..was on min restriction this yr last 2 games 25 min plus next yr hope no min limit ?

I dont think he did. IIRC he tore his ACL, healed and was practicing with the team when he suffered a "minor" hamstring injury and had to have surgery on that. Then he came back for a few games last season and tore a muscle in his thigh.

I think that Hamstring injury was the other surgery I heard about. I like this player and would like to have him on my team but I'd be leery of paying him too much considering his injury history.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 656

Post#37 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 pm

SNPA wrote:Besides injuries, which is sufficient to kill most deals for Sac, there is a locker room fit factor. The Kings have a group of guys who really get along. Issac brings a whole set of political activities with him. Maybe those aren’t an issue, maybe it causes some disharmony. It’s a factor to be considered for Sac who has long had a team unity issue and doesn’t want to go back.

Whoa. Projection much? I have zero doubts Isaac wouldn't get along very well with the group Sacto has.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 656

Post#38 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:

With Sasha/Lyles being able to pick up PF minutes, I would mind Kings risking it with JIs injury history.

They have 40 mill in capspace to get a better shooter/player than Huerter while keeping Isaac.

I dont think the Magic will trade Isaac. I know people want to argue he doesnt have much value, but he does to the Magic. They invested so much in his rehabilitation and he has a real impact that translates to wins. He has played an important role this season, and hopefully should play an even bigger role next season.

I'm not arguing Huerter is your guy. But I will point out your argument is faulty. You don't place value in sunk costs. What is spent is spent. At this point thr evaluation must be, does x player provide us a better opportunity the y player does for the foreseeable future. If the answer is yes. Make the trade. If the answer is no then don't.

Fixating on what was spent on his rehab is bound to lead your team down a perilous path in the long run
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,644

Post#39 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 pm

Beam Me Up Foxy wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:

I'm not arguing Huerter is your guy. But I will point out your argument is faulty. You don't place value in sunk costs. What is spent is spent. At this point thr evaluation must be, does x player provide us a better opportunity the y player does for the foreseeable future. If the answer is yes. Make the trade. If the answer is no then don't.

Fixating on what was spent on his rehab is bound to lead your team down a perilous path in the long run

There’s definitely an understanding gap on ORL boards when it comes to “sunk costs”…I’ve been stuck in that swamp myself…don’t be upset if your clear explanation is lost. :lol:

Isaac is DPOY level defender. Incredibly versatile, relentless, and impactful. I don’t see anyone (available) on SAC that would make ORL listen…but, I do think he’d be perfect next to Sabonis. Isaac’s performance this year has me a bit concerned that he’s gone from forced retirement to “up for a raise” just as 3 big rookie extensions hit ORL’s payroll…money projections alone might make a proactive ORL FO consider a move that strengthens their backcourt…maybe a 3-way with SAC. Huerter and/or Barnes wouldn’t do it.
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,447

Post#40 » by oldncreaky » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 pm

Skybox wrote:
Beam Me Up Foxy wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:They have 40 mill in capspace to get a better shooter/player than Huerter while keeping Isaac.

There’s definitely an understanding gap on ORL boards when it comes to “sunk costs”…I’ve been stuck in that swamp myself…don’t be upset if your clear explanation is lost. :lol:

Isaac is DPOY level defender. Incredibly versatile, relentless, and impactful. I don’t see anyone (available) on SAC that would make ORL listen…but, I do think he’d be perfect next to Sabonis. Isaac’s performance this year has me a bit concerned that he’s gone from forced retirement to “up for a raise” just as 3 big rookie extensions hit ORL’s payroll…money projections alone might make a proactive ORL FO consider a move that strengthens their backcourt…maybe a 3-way with SAC. Huerter and/or Barnes wouldn’t do it.

I think this gets to the heart of it: SAC doesn't have an (available) starting PG who would solve Orlando's most obvious roster hole, and as a fan of neither ORL or SAC, I'd value Isaac over anything SAC would be willing to trade.
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis

Return to Trades and Transactions