Orlando Magic say “Let’s make a deal”.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,989

Re: Orlando Magic say “Let’s make a deal”. 

Post#41 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:02 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:So a thread based on much ta do about nothing. “We won’t trade our 3 best assets, but what star are you giving me ?”

Not even close to what the OP was saying and Orlando has plenty of assets outside those players with which to get a PG. As someone who loves to post deals with 4 superstars you really shouldn't be lecturing on what's realistic, mate.

Or. Let it marinate mate…thread turned out just like it started. Boom. Mind blown right. Offers for Garland with top 3 players (Banchero, Wagner, Suggs) off the Magic table.

But that's not on the OP is it? Your post served no purpose except to lecture the OP. Let's refrain from that in the future. Right? Didn't you get angry at me for pointing out how unrealistic all your deals were? But I listened to you and decided you were right. Not my place to question those deals. If the board wants to discuss them they should be allowed to.

So let this one go mate.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,515

Post#42 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:06 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Not even close to what the OP was saying and Orlando has plenty of assets outside those players with which to get a PG. As someone who loves to post deals with 4 superstars you really shouldn't be lecturing on what's realistic, mate.

Or. Let it marinate mate…thread turned out just like it started. Boom. Mind blown right. Offers for Garland with top 3 players (Banchero, Wagner, Suggs) off the Magic table.

But that's not on the OP is it? Your post served no purpose except to lecture the OP. Let's refrain from that in the future. Right? Didn't you get angry at me for pointing out how unrealistic all your deals were? But I listened to you and decided you were right. Not my place to question those deals. If the board wants to discuss them they should be allowed to.

So let this one go mate.

Your definition of lectures and angry are much different than mine. If OP saw my post as lecturing - I will delete.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,989

Post#43 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:10 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Or. Let it marinate mate…thread turned out just like it started. Boom. Mind blown right. Offers for Garland with top 3 players (Banchero, Wagner, Suggs) off the Magic table.

So let this one go mate.

Your definition of lectures and angry are much different than mine. If OP saw my post as lecturing - I will delete.

Good on you for that. :D

Forget lecture/angry. I'm not here for semantics which get silly. The point is you realize your post was nothing constructive, just critical. Just as my posts were in your threads. I was wrong then, and I'm glad you see the lack of constructiveness in your post here.

I do appreciate that you went on to post actual ideas later itt. So props to you all around.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,662

Post#44 » by orlando_joe » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:14 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I have a hard time seeing PDX move Simons for 'only' that DEN 25 FRP which likely slots in the 25-30 range. If WCJ is routed to a 3rd team I could see them going for it assuming that team (I keep saying OKC) throws in a FRP.

Also could see ORL wanting to include Howard or Houstan to open up more cap space. I dont think PDX would value either much but could see ORL actually wanting to offload one or both to shore up more space and pay someone like Claxton. Simons / Suggs / Franz / Paolo / Claxton is a hell of a squad - and they still would have Cole, Black, Harris (I would resign him), Mo, JI, etc off the bench.

Thats a borderline elite SL and a whole lot of talent off the bench.

are you really now saying magic give howard,wcj and a first for simons? wow...by the way houstan is not guaranteed next yr

Not specifically Portland but I could see them moving him to a cap space team for some future SRP to clear more room to make a cant-refuse offer to Claxton.

I have no value on Howard - I wasnt trying to commit mental gymnastics to steal him in a Simons deal.

I actually would keep Houstan and trade Howard but I was always higher on Houstan. Better size, better shooter as well.

watching magic for 35 yrs...i dont see any of that
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,814

Post#45 » by shrink » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:16 pm

Both right. The issue is that the PG position is so loaded right now, a “good to great PG” IS a star. Here’s someone’s list:

Superstars (1-3): Luka Doncic, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Stephen Curry
All Stars (4-9): Tyrese Haliburton, Jalen Brunson, Tyrese Maxey, Damian Lillard, Trae Young, De’Aaron Fox
Exceptional (10-16): James Harden, Jamal Murray, Jrue Holiday, LaMelo Ball, Darius Garland, Coby White, Cade Cunningham

Does ORL have the trade assets, with their three stars off the table, to get even an “above-average” starting PG? That doesn’t mean they can’t get a good or great “player” who plays PG, just an unfortunate bit of wording.

I’d look at a guy like DeJounte Murray maybe or in a three-way if they consider D’Angelo Russell.
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,452

Post#46 » by oldncreaky » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:22 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:In spirit of those thread:

Cade Cunningham???

Could Pistons look to acquire more assets and refresh the rebuild timeline?

Black + Jett + Picks needed

FOR

Cade + Filler

If Cade is on the table, then the Spurs need to go all out and get him to pair with Wemby. Everything is on the table including all picks, Vassel, Sochan and naming rights to the Riverwalk.

Not all of that of course, but any combination of those things. Cade to Wemby for the rest of the decade and on would be a treat to the rest of the NBA.

Man, that's bleak after 5 seasons and a grand total of 94 wins.

I am reluctantly coming around to the idea that it might be time for DET to reset again. As a DET fan, I'm dreading the decision of what to do about Cade's extension because I've become pretty pessimistic about Cade as the best player on a team.

But if Cade' is on the block, SAS appears to have a lot more ammo than Orlando, and the fit with Wemby looks intriguing
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,219

Post#47 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:28 pm

oldncreaky wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:In spirit of those thread:

Cade Cunningham???

Could Pistons look to acquire more assets and refresh the rebuild timeline?

Black + Jett + Picks needed

FOR

Cade + Filler

If Cade is on the table, then the Spurs need to go all out and get him to pair with Wemby. Everything is on the table including all picks, Vassel, Sochan and naming rights to the Riverwalk.

Not all of that of course, but any combination of those things. Cade to Wemby for the rest of the decade and on would be a treat to the rest of the NBA.

I am reluctantly coming around to the idea that it might be time for DET to reset again. As a DET fan, I'm dreading the decision of what to do about Cade's extension because I've become pretty pessimistic about Cade as the best player on a team.

But if Cade' is on the block, SAS appears to have a lot more ammo than Orlando, and the fit with Wemby looks intriguing

If I'm Detroit I do:

SAS 2024 first
Vassell
Then a couple of those ATL future picks

Gives you an Ivey/Vassel backcourt to build around with Duren in the middle. Add in there their Thompson and with 2 likely top 5 picks this year (maybe even top 2) I call it a day.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#48 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:44 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
oldncreaky wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

If I'm Detroit I do:

SAS 2024 first
Vassell

Gives you an Ivey/Vassel backcourt to build around with Duren in the middle. Add in there their Thompson and with 2 likely top 5 picks this year (maybe even top 2) I call it a day.

I don’t think Vassell would be in the trade - not that Cade isn’t worth it. But, idea would be to partner up Vassell and Cade with Wemby PLUS Pistons would want more picks in exchange.

#4 (2024 Spurs 1st)
Sochan
Jones or Graham (expiring filler)
Best 2x of 2025 1sts (Hawks, Spurs, Bulls)

FOR

Cade + Filler

Pistons would get two top 5 picks in 2024, and 3x 1sts in better 2025 draft (probably a top 3 in own 1st and top 10 from Spurs plus a mid 1st).
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#49 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:13 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
oldncreaky wrote:

If I'm Detroit I do:

SAS 2024 first
Vassell

I don’t think Vassell would be in the trade - not that Cade isn’t worth it. But, idea would be to partner up Vassell and Cade with Wemby PLUS Pistons would want more picks in exchange.

#4 (2024 Spurs 1st)
Sochan

FOR

Cade + Filler

Pistons would get two top 5 picks in 2024, and 3x 1sts in better 2025 draft (probably a top 3 in own 1st and top 10 from Spurs plus a mid 1st).

To me he has to be in the trade. If the Spurs wanna take away some picks, then fine but I need Vassel. Cade is better and Detroit has a decent (on paper) front court. Sochan might not even start for them depending on who they get in the draft.

Pistons needs Vassel to help out at the 2 with his shooting and defense. Monty would love him. For the Spurs, like I said a Cade-Wemby pairing has Magic-Kareem potential only if those guys played with each other when they were both under 23 lol.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,920

Post#50 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:27 pm

Not sure when it became this discussion but I REALLY dont think Cade has "multiple FRP including a Top-5 pick in 2024" value gap w/ Devin Vassell.

SAS 24 FRP, Sochan and like 2 future protected picks would be the offer from me.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,662

Post#51 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 am

Wolveswin wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
oldncreaky wrote:

If I'm Detroit I do:

SAS 2024 first
Vassell

#4 (2024 Spurs 1st)
Sochan

FOR

Cade + Filler

So...you think SAS should hold back all of its good players while adding a potential max young guy? Interesting. Ironic and interesting.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,424

Post#52 » by ThatBoyNick » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:32 am

I think Collin Sexton is a great target
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#53 » by Slim Charless » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:17 am

Skybox wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
If I'm Detroit I do:

SAS 2024 first
Vassell

#4 (2024 Spurs 1st)
Sochan

FOR

Cade + Filler

So...you think SAS should hold back all of its good players while adding a potential max young guy? Interesting. Ironic and interesting.

Yeah. This.

Spurs can't find a better (gettable) player to put next ro Wemby imo than Cade. They also can't expect to have him and not give up Vassell.

Like even all the talk of Trae, he isn't as good an option as Cade would and could be. They'd still have e tons of other stuff to use to build around those 2. Also, Sochan stays and fits well with Wemby. Even more so now that he isn't foolishly playing PG.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#54 » by Slim Charless » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:19 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:Not sure when it became this discussion but I REALLY dont think Cade has "multiple FRP including a Top-5 pick in 2024" value gap w/ Devin Vassell.

SAS 24 FRP, Sochan and like 2 future protected picks would be the offer from me.

I said that the cost could be shifted. Maybe Vassell and this yrs pick is enough. I think Cade is worth more but that's me.

Point is, doing that I'd do those 2 assests all day as SAS if I can get Cade.
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#55 » by jredsaz » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:05 am

louc1970 wrote:You can can pick who you want to make the deal fair, but Orlando wants a very good to great PG.
The only caveat - you cannot have Banchero, F. Wagner, or Suggs.

So Atlanta, what do you want for Murray?
Portland, offers for Simons?
Memphis, interested in moving Snart?

I’d opt for a good vet player on a short term contract. Malcom Brogdon is a guy I would target. Magic have Black, Suggs and Anthony. They don’t need more youth. The injury issue is always prevalent with Brogdon but his skill set, cost and one year contract make him an excellent fit.

Magic receive Brogdon
Blazers receive Issac, Houstan, maybe a second
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#56 » by jredsaz » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:20 am

Slim Charless wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:Not sure when it became this discussion but I REALLY dont think Cade has "multiple FRP including a Top-5 pick in 2024" value gap w/ Devin Vassell.

I said that the cost could be shifted. Maybe Vassell and this yrs pick is enough. I think Cade is worth more but that's me.

Point is, doing that I'd do those 2 assests all day as SAS if I can get Cade.

Agreed.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#57 » by Wolveswin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:20 am

Skybox wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
If I'm Detroit I do:

SAS 2024 first
Vassell

#4 (2024 Spurs 1st)
Sochan

FOR

Cade + Filler

Hmmmm, I think #4 overall and Sochan are some pretty good starters. Way better than #16 and WCJ. Just saying. (And are you really trying to compare what Cavs would desire/require in trade compared to Pistons…apple meet orange).
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,662

Post#58 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 am

jredsaz wrote:
louc1970 wrote:You can can pick who you want to make the deal fair, but Orlando wants a very good to great PG.
The only caveat - you cannot have Banchero, F. Wagner, or Suggs.

So Atlanta, what do you want for Murray?
Portland, offers for Simons?
Memphis, interested in moving Snart?

I’d opt for a good vet player on a short term contract. Malcom Brogdon is a guy I would target. Magic have Black, Suggs and Anthony. They don’t need more youth. The injury issue is always prevalent with Brogdon but his skill set, cost and one year contract make him an excellent fit.

Magic receive Brogdon
Blazers receive Issac, Houstan, maybe a second

Your pitch for Brogdon makes a lot of sense…until you mention Isaac. He’s the best defender in the NBA…his injury issues have marked his career but now he’s just too impactful to move in a package for less than a star.

That notwithstanding, other than Suggs, imo, ORL doesn’t have any guards that have shown enough upside to work around. Black and Howard are certainly intriguing but ORL is ready for a win-now guard that can put up points. Brogdon would be a win, but I hope they aim higher (even if they have to empty their stash of picks.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,111

Post#59 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 pm

Do trade for Young.

Black, Howard, Houstan + 2024 + 2025 + 2026 picks unprotected + whatever filler not named Sugga, Wagner or Banchero.

Young
Suggs
Wagner
Banchero
WCJ

GO
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#60 » by Slim Charless » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:47 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Skybox wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:I don’t think Vassell would be in the trade - not that Cade isn’t worth it. But, idea would be to partner up Vassell and Cade with Wemby PLUS Pistons would want more picks in exchange.

#4 (2024 Spurs 1st)
Sochan

FOR

Cade + Filler

Hmmmm, I think #4 overall and Sochan are some pretty good starters. Way better than #16 and WCJ. Just saying. (And are you really trying to compare what Cavs would desire/require in trade compared to Pistons…apple meet orange).

Sochan and the #4 pick in a mid draft isn't cutting the deal for Cade. Not even close imo. That's something that can be used to get Simons. Cade has all NBA potential....and Detroit needs actual stuff to part with him.

Return to Trades and Transactions