Orlando Magic say “Let’s make a deal”.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,662

Re: Orlando Magic say “Let’s make a deal”. 

Post#81 » by orlando_joe » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:00 pm

jredsaz wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
I’d opt for a good vet player on a short term contract. Malcom Brogdon is a guy I would target. Magic have Black, Suggs and Anthony. They don’t need more youth. The injury issue is always prevalent with Brogdon but his skill set, cost and one year contract make him an excellent fit.

Magic receive Brogdon
Blazers receive Issac, Houstan, maybe a second

magic for sure would not give isaac straight up for brogdon and yes i am 100% sure of that...lol......and do not even think have interest in a guy that plays 50 games and makes 20 mill at his age should and could only get worse...they would just sign a fa if can not trade for better fit

Never gunna give him up! I was wondering how Magic fans would value Isaac after he finally played some games. I valued him as a flyer level asset going back to Portland. I value Brogdon as a flyer level guy plus. Dudes with these injury histories definitely should not be untouchable lol. But I get not wanting to move one injury issue for another.

untouchable? who said that? but brogdon type or better could be had in fa...if not no big deal ..not many magic fans will see isaac value as you do ...as a flyer type player...thats the problem...magic keep the flyer over brogdon every day adding to him is just off
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,027

Post#82 » by Residual-Heat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:03 pm

yeah you take a flyer on Brogdon and might get a great 6th man type. Solid player but easily replaceable.

You take a flyer on Isaac and he can turn into a DPOY bigman who can guard anyone, protect the rim at an elite level, rebound at a high rate and might be able to hit the 3 (shooting 38% from 3 since coming back from his ACL injury, small sample size yes, but the potential is there).

They are not the same.

We all understand the injury concerns, but "selling high" on Isaac isnt worth it. Brogdon certainly isnt worth the return, and no team will be willing to offer what it takes. He's not untouchable, but it will take a huge overpay. He fills an important role for the Magic and is making a huge impact. The Magic need him, and have no reason to move him. His situation is not the same as Brogdon who the Blazers dont really need and will likely want to move before his contract expires.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,445

Post#83 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:14 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:yeah you take a flyer on Brogdon and might get a great 6th man type. Solid player but easily replaceable.

You take a flyer on Isaac and he can turn into a DPOY bigman who can guard anyone, protect the rim at an elite level, rebound at a high rate and might be able to hit the 3 (shooting 38% from 3 since coming back from his ACL injury, small sample size yes, but the potential is there).

They are not the same.

We all understand the injury concerns, but "selling high" on Isaac isnt worth it. Brogdon certainly isnt worth the return, and no team will be willing to offer what it takes. He's not untouchable, but it will take a huge overpay. He fills an important role for the Magic and is making a huge impact. The Magic need him, and have no reason to move him. His situation is not the same as Brogdon who the Blazers dont really need and will likely want to move before his contract expires.

Is there a reason to believe he will become more available as he ages?

He is neck and neck with Zion for best part time player in the league.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,662

Post#84 » by orlando_joe » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 pm

JRoy wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:yeah you take a flyer on Brogdon and might get a great 6th man type. Solid player but easily replaceable.

They are not the same.

yes this season?
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#85 » by Residual-Heat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 pm

JRoy wrote:

They are not the same.

Its not like the guy is in his 30s. His big injury (ACL tear) is fully healed and has been for well over a year. Isaac today is much stronger than he was in his first few years in the league, and I think that helps prevent injuries a little bit.

Dont get me wrong, im not confident that he will have a healthy career. Its possible he will have a healthier career, also possible he doesnt. Either way, I am willing take the gamble and find out.
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#86 » by jredsaz » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:29 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
JRoy wrote:

They are not the same.

yes this season?

I mean Issac has great defensive metrics and efficient scoring in the 33 games a 18 minutes per post all star break but those two are not anywhere near the same type of injury risk imo.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#87 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:35 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
JRoy wrote:

They are not the same.

Its not like the guy is in his 30s. His big injury (ACL tear) is fully healed and has been for well over a year. Isaac today is much stronger than he was in his first few years in the league, and I think that helps prevent injuries a little bit.

Dont get me wrong, im not confident that he will have a healthy career. Its possible he will have a healthier career, also possible he doesnt. Either way, I am willing take the gamble and find out.

Hopefully he can find a way to stay healthy; spin class, yoga, whatever.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,219

Post#88 » by Slim Charless » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:16 pm

JRoy wrote:

They are not the same.

Whoa. I strongly disagree with this.

At his best, JI is a DPOTY and someone who can bother 2-5 while giving decent stocks. Not much scoring of rebounds but the other stuff fine.

Zion OTOH has a much better ceiling. At his best? Zion had the ability and charisma to be the best player in the league, multi-time MVP, and someone that can get take over for Lebron as the face of the NBA.

Also Zion plays much more than JI has. Like it's not even a remote contest. I can't even imagine what the games played comparison would be over these last 3 years lol.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 153

Post#89 » by louc1970 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:21 pm

Astaluego wrote:We will see this year, but Herro has not exactly been essential in the Heat's careers in recent years...and I think he would fit really well in the Magic..

WCJ+? for Herro

But why? Orlando has Suggs as the off guard.why pay nearly $30m for a backup?
JRoy
RealGM

Post#90 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:50 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
JRoy wrote:

They are not the same.

At his best, JI is a DPOTY and someone who can bother 2-5 while giving decent stocks. Not much scoring of rebounds but the other stuff fine.

Zion OTOH has a much better ceiling. At his best? Zion had the ability and charisma to be the best player in the league, multi-time MVP, and someone that can get take over for Lebron as the face of the NBA.

Also Zion plays much more than JI has. Like it's not even a remote contest. I can't even imagine what the games played comparison would be over these last 3 years lol.

Charisma? What does that have to do with anything?

Barkley had Charisma, Jordan had the charisma of a lawn chair.

Each has played about 30 games a year over their careers.
Edrees wrote:

Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#91 » by Slim Charless » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:12 am

JRoy wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
JRoy wrote:

LOL....ok bro. Let's talk about JI playing 11 games over the course 3 years.

Charisma is what makes someone viable to be the face of the league. Mike had it, so did Bron and Steph, as does Zion. There's no universe in which JI is 1 of the league's even most popular 10 players. Zion might already be there.

I cannot believe you even think this. Isaac is fine. He's nowhere near Z
JRoy
RealGM

Post#92 » by JRoy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:17 am

Slim Charless wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Charisma is what makes someone viable to be the face of the league. Mike had it, so did Bron and Steph, as does Zion. There's no universe in which JI is 1 of the league's even most popular 10 players. Zion might already be there.

I cannot believe you think anyone playing 30 games a year is a viable face of the league.
Edrees wrote:

Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#93 » by Slim Charless » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:25 am

JRoy wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
JRoy wrote:

I cannot believe you think anyone playing 30 games a year is a viable face of the league.

70 games this year (career high) while playing 32mpg. Put up 23/6/6 on his normal awesome FG%. Also, he seems to be giving Lebron all he can handle right now. In a do or die game.

Oh and btw it's his 1st ever playoff game.

So......yeah. I think I'm right.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,720

Post#94 » by Ell Curry » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:40 am

I could see Trae, Garland or the quieter option of trading up to get Dillingham. They’re a rare team that can probably accommodate a tiny PG well.
Where's the D?
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#95 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:52 am

Ell Curry wrote:I could see Trae, Garland or the quieter option of trading up to get Dillingham. They’re a rare team that can probably accommodate a tiny PG well.

I don’t see Magic having assets for Trae or Garland. Just don’t.

Better said, they don’t have the right assets. Or an offer that beats other teams if either caliber of those PGs made available.

Magic need to shop in a different price point bin than Trae or Garland.
Astaluego
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#96 » by Astaluego » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:24 am

louc1970 wrote:
Astaluego wrote:We will see this year, but Herro has not exactly been essential in the Heat's careers in recent years...and I think he would fit really well in the Magic..

WCJ+? for Herro

But why? Orlando has Suggs as the off guard.why pay nearly $30m for a backup?

one plays 1 and the other plays 2..????

Suggs/Herro/Wagner/PB/Isaak
Old Mike Lorenzo
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by Residual-Heat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:33 pm

Im curious to see what people expect for a Garland trade. Im having a hard time thinking of trade scenarios for him that might make sense for both teams. Best I can think of is Ingram+Daniels/1st

sorry if this is derailing the thread again.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,475

Post#98 » by Chinook » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:35 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:In spirit of those thread:

Cade Cunningham???

Could Pistons look to acquire more assets and refresh the rebuild timeline?

Black + Jett + Picks needed

FOR

Cade + Filler

If Cade is on the table, then the Spurs need to go all out and get him to pair with Wemby. Everything is on the table including all picks, Vassel, Sochan and naming rights to the Riverwalk.

Not all of that of course, but any combination of those things. Cade to Wemby for the rest of the decade and on would be a treat to the rest of the NBA.

Um... no? I don't get the desire folks have for a team's best players to all be the same age, but there's little benefit in trading a bunch of youth and assets for a young PG to pair with their young big. Spend assets on bring in actualized vets and draft a young PG to grow in that environment. I don't understand why the Spurs would be interested in any major acquisition that wasn't 28 or older.

Of all the young PGs too, Cade is so random. I can at least understand Young, even if I wouldn't entertain a trade if I were SA. Ja is the only "dream target" for me. The Spurs should go all-out for him if he were available (which is only conceivable because of his off-the-court issues). Otherwise, the Spurs should aim to be multigenerational to desync their contracts and have a steady mix of development and actualization.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#99 » by Slim Charless » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:15 am

Chinook wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:In spirit of those thread:

Cade Cunningham???

Could Pistons look to acquire more assets and refresh the rebuild timeline?

Black + Jett + Picks needed

FOR

Cade + Filler

If Cade is on the table, then the Spurs need to go all out and get him to pair with Wemby. Everything is on the table including all picks, Vassel, Sochan and naming rights to the Riverwalk.

Not all of that of course, but any combination of those things. Cade to Wemby for the rest of the decade and on would be a treat to the rest of the NBA.

Um... no? I don't get the desire folks have for a team's best players to all be the same age, but there's little benefit in trading a bunch of youth and assets for a young PG to pair with their young big. Spend assets on bring in actualized vets and draft a young PG to grow in that environment. I don't understand why the Spurs would be interested in any major acquisition that wasn't 28 or older.

Of all the young PGs too, Cade is so random. I can at least understand Young, even if I wouldn't entertain a trade if I were SA. Ja is the only "dream target" for me. The Spurs should go all-out for him if he were available (which is only conceivable because of his off-the-court issues). Otherwise, the Spurs should aim to be multigenerational to desync their contracts and have a steady mix of development and actualization.

Really? You don't see ANY point to having your 2 best players be within a similar age group? That's wild and different.....really different. I don't think I've even heard anyone post that thought on this forum. Like ever.

To each his own though. I personally would like my best players to grow together. At least my best 2 players lol.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,038

Post#100 » by mg » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:39 am

Residual-Heat wrote:Im curious to see what people expect for a Garland trade. Im having a hard time thinking of trade scenarios for him that might make sense for both teams. Best I can think of is Ingram+Daniels/1st

sorry if this is derailing the thread again.

There's alot of ifs involved with the Cavs.

If they flame out of the playoffs, If Mitchell agrees to extend, etc..

In a world where Mitchell does sign an extension to stay in Cleveland, I could see them try to move Garland in a deal to bring back a wing player such as Ingram or Mikal Bridges.

Return to Trades and Transactions